Toast Josh Dunkley

Remove this Banner Ad

We respect all you did in footy Andrew and thanks immensely for Josh, wish Kyle all the best and Lara seems a ripper young lady. We just wish you could kick and had passed that on to them.

Gold:thumbsu: Ive sat with the Dunkleys the last two games and I must admit I've had to temper my groans when a kick doesnt come off well, but it's one aspect, probably his weakest aspect...the kids a jet, his mum and sister are awesome and his dad shows about as much emotion as he did when he played, none! Just focused, the silent assassin

Not much point in trading players like Dunkley in the form he’s in. By the time you’re in the 30s you’re at best a 35% chance to find a player who goes on to become a clear member of the best 22. On current form he’s steak knives, not even a decent pick.

I think he’ll do ok as a midfielder who pinched forward but has a way to go yet.
NFI

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one could have foreseen the superb improvement in his game in the last 12 months.

Following on with a full pre season after he committed himself to additional physical training in the USA with Bont certainly speeds the process up. Who would have thought a 21 year old could develop a few things?!!

Weird post to single out given a) I was advocating keeping him and b) it was 15 months ago and he was dropped for a month immediately following that game.

Lol the time some people spend to bring up things someone else got wrong in 1987 is hilarious.

Who honestly gives a enough f?cks to bother and even if they do has that much spare time?

Lol the time some people spend to bring up things someone else got wrong in 1987 is hilarious.

Who honestly gives a enough f?cks to bother and even if they do has that much spare time?
Matt, I think the issue most people have with you is that you are quite prone to letting posters know that they "have no idea" when it comes to players, coaches, gameplans, etc...

It's this braggadocio that causes people to try to make you look foolish by bringing up some of your past calls that have been wide of the mark.

If you were a little less condescending towards other posters i think they wouldn't feel the need to prove you wrong as much.

Personally i have come to enjoy watching the back and forth you have with certain posters...one could never accuse you of not being entertaining!

This guy is amazing. I remember being furious at him after the Sydney game last year (where he dropped a mark running into an open goal) and anytime other time he missed a gettable goal. I thought this guy will be ok but never this good.

The guy is a machine. Just a workhorse willing himself to improve and get better. He is ripped through the ceiling i had set for him. He could be anything now

Matt, I think the issue most people have with you is that you are quite prone to letting posters know that they "have no idea" when it comes to players, coaches, gameplans, etc...

It's this braggadocio that causes people to try to make you look foolish by bringing up some of your past calls that have been wide of the mark.

If you were a little less condescending towards other posters i think they wouldn't feel the need to prove you wrong as much.

Personally i have come to enjoy watching the back and forth you have with certain posters...one could never accuse you of not being entertaining!

Mate I’m wrong as much as anyone in here and I own that but I myself can’t be bothered trolling back 4 yard to prove some irrelevant said something and who in gods name can even remember that? Lol

Unfortunately I actually believe many i here do have no idea and I tell them, as they do me and that’s fine also.

What gets missed(and the mods see) is that a lot of people in here attack me coz I’m me and it doesn’t matter what I say. That’s not me being a victim that’s the way it is and again that’s fine but it details threads and isn’t even my fault. How many times have you read “you are only here when we lose” which is a downright lie.

The amount of other lies that are said in here that I have said is laughable. But because it’s me people think it’s true so the perpetrators just keep doing it. I even had one poster track me down outside this joint and put my personal info in this forum and then call me at home and work. So yeah I give it but damn do I cop it.

Have a look at the people that push the dislike button for EVERY comment I say it’s hilarious. So perhaps understand that with the amount of cr@p I cop maybe there is some reason I give so much back?

Always two sides mate

He would have been the perfect replacement for Joey Kennedy at the Swans. I wonder if they could go back would they change their descision not to match our bid on him.
Who would you rather - Dunkley or Mills?

He would have been the perfect replacement for Joey Kennedy at the Swans. I wonder if they could go back would they change their descision not to match our bid on him.
Who would you rather - Dunkley or Mills?
He’d be worth at least a top 10 pick if he was on the market right now. Maybe steak knives as well. Doubt Mills would command that but haven’t followed him closely.

Mate I’m wrong as much as anyone in here and I own that but I myself can’t be bothered trolling back 4 yard to prove some irrelevant said something and who in gods name can even remember that? Lol

Unfortunately I actually believe many i here do have no idea and I tell them, as they do me and that’s fine also.

What gets missed(and the mods see) is that a lot of people in here attack me coz I’m me and it doesn’t matter what I say. That’s not me being a victim that’s the way it is and again that’s fine but it details threads and isn’t even my fault. How many times have you read “you are only here when we lose” which is a downright lie.

The amount of other lies that are said in here that I have said is laughable. But because it’s me people think it’s true so the perpetrators just keep doing it. I even had one poster track me down outside this joint and put my personal info in this forum and then call me at home and work. So yeah I give it but damn do I cop it.

Have a look at the people that push the dislike button for EVERY comment I say it’s hilarious. So perhaps understand that with the amount of cr@p I cop maybe there is some reason I give so much back?

Always two sides mate
And that's fair enough, I have seen people target you unnecessarily.

What I'm saying is maybe ease up on the "Lol's", "Wow's" and "Ha Ha Ha's". I think that is what pisses people off the most.

A lot of people disagree on this site often with people they respect the most.

Dogwatch started a thread about Aaron Naughton playing as a defender which i completely disagree with. Just because I disagree doesn't mean that Dogwatch has no idea or that i then have the right to laugh at him or mock him about that opinion.

Similarly my thread on Lachie Hunter has divided opinions...some result to name calling, some actually discuss the topic at hand in a respectful manner.

Anyways...that Josh Dunkley is a hell of a player eh?

And that's fair enough, I have seen people target you unnecessarily.

What I'm saying is maybe ease up on the "Lol's", "Wow's" and "Ha Ha Ha's". I think that is what pisses people off the most.

A lot of people disagree on this site often with people they respect the most.

Dogwatch started a thread about Aaron Naughton playing as a defender which i completely disagree with. Just because I disagree doesn't mean that Dogwatch has no idea or that i then have the right to laugh at him or mock him about that opinion.

Similarly my thread on Lachie Hunter has divided opinions...some result to name calling, some actually discuss the topic at hand in a respectful manner.

Anyways...that Josh Dunkley is a hell of a player eh?

But wow is my specialty fall back mate? :)

Fair enough I accept your criticism and will take it on board if you do me a favour. Just look at the people who I respond to in that way. There are very few of them.

Dunks is an absolute jet and a far better player than I ever expected him to be. I knew he would alway be a work horse but he has gone past that now to near elite.

He’d be worth at least a top 10 pick if he was on the market right now. Maybe steak knives as well. Doubt Mills would command that but haven’t followed him closely.
Mills was a very highly rated junior - as rated at Heeney who is now a jet. No club would have passed up the opportunity to get him at a 20% discount to his draft value.

Dunkley reminds me of the club's attitude towards Clay Smith. Someone mentioned to a club official during Smith's first year (which was quality) "gee, I wish he could kick" and the official simply replied "I don't, because then we wouldn't have got him".

Dunkley is the same way - if he was a better kick as a junior we would have been no chance, but he works so hard of the field it is an area of improvement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back