Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

There absolutely will be because it's the same thing that happens every time on this board when a player doesn't change clubs.

Okay, when this thread starts to give you the shits again, remember it was your choice to leave it running.

I think any thread that involves a trade that has no link to a player/player agent or club that cannot be achieved within 12 months should be automatically binned.

I would be flabbergasted if GWS didn't lobby Josh to sign a 5 year contract.
Lobbying for 5 and actually signing for 2 are different things. When we apparently were interested in D.Swallow, GC locked him away for 3 years then a further year so 4 in total. A 2 year deal to a top 5 mid in the comp is not satisfactory if you ask me

Lobbying for 5 and actually signing for 2 are different things. When we apparently were interested in D.Swallow, GC locked him away for 3 years then a further year so 4 in total. A 2 year deal to a top 5 mid in the comp is not satisfactory if you ask me

The David Swallow thing lost steam when he couldn't get on the park.

That's beside the point. They still locked him away long term. Something GWS couldn't do with Kelly
We resigned a number of people 9ver the last couple of years, all to two year contracts. The only exceptions I recall are Scully and Ward who extended already long term contracts.
In the real world we offered two years and Kelly accepted it.
How that fails to do anything it a matter for you and your imagination.

We resigned a number of people 9ver the last couple of years, all to two year contracts. The only exceptions I recall are Scully and Ward who extended already long term contracts.
In the real world we offered two years and Kelly accepted it.
How that fails to do anything it a matter for you and your imagination.
He is a top 5 midfielder and all your franchise could do is scrap together an offer of 2 years. So if Kelly was to want 4 or 5 years, would you not give it to him? Superstars (especially very young ones) get longer deals than 2 years by default. By only signing a 2 year deal, he is sending an unwritten message to the whole of GWS that reads "win a flag or I'm off to North for the big bucks".

He is a top 5 midfielder and all your franchise could do is scrap together an offer of 2 years. So if Kelly was to want 4 or 5 years, would you not give it to him? Superstars (especially very young ones) get longer deals than 2 years by default. By only signing a 2 year deal, he is sending an unwritten message to the whole of GWS that reads "win a flag or I'm off to North for the big bucks".
Rubbish
Kellyisn't the only talented player we have, and again most are on two year contracts. Your dreaming

1920bfe678dd2b11ec7ba03bceb7ccbe.gif

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish
Kellyisn't the only talented player we have, and again most are on two year contracts. Your dreaming
Im dreaming? I would be sweating if I was GWS if he doesn't recommit by half way through 2019, you can kiss him bye bye. There is a reason we offered up 9 years because he is worth every micro second of those 9 years! Now you are under estimating how good he actually is! He is the single best young talent on your list and possibly the best the game has to offer. He has Whitfield (when he isn't hiding from drug testers), Williams, Hopper and co. covered by a fair way. So again, for your franchise to only table a 2 year deal for the single best young talent in the game is laughable unless JK is giving GWS an ultimatum I mentioned before of win a flag or say goodbye.

Im dreaming? I would be sweating if I was GWS if he doesn't recommit by half way through 2019, you can kiss him bye bye. There is a reason we offered up 9 years because he is worth every micro second of those 9 years! Now you are under estimating how good he actually is! He is the single best young talent on your list and possibly the best the game has to offer. He has Whitfield (when he isn't hiding from drug testers), Williams, Hopper and co. covered by a fair way. So again, for your franchise to only table a 2 year deal for the single best young talent in the game is laughable unless JK is giving GWS an ultimatum I mentioned before of win a flag or say goodbye.
Your club offered 10 years for a mil 6 a year and he turned you down.

Would look at your own house before trying, laughably, to turn this as a bad thing for the Giants.

Your club offered 10 years for a mil 6 a year and he turned you down.

Would look at your own house before trying, laughably, to turn this as a bad thing for the Giants.

By Christ you talk some utter shite.

I would be sweating if I was GWS if he doesn't recommit by half way through 2019, you can kiss him bye bye.
You mean like the first 293 pages of this thread was trying to get GWS to do?

Jesus Christ you're acting like it's fait accompli and he's already signed a deal with you after the new deal with GWS ends.
2 years is a long time in football and if you're putting your faith in groin guru and snake baker you're gonna have a bad time.

North holding a gun to our heads? I've heard it all now.

Kelly isn't even the most talented midfielder on our list. Shiel has him covered. Both outstanding young people who I'm thrilled are associated with our club. Coniglio, Shiel, Adam Kennedy and Buntine have driven a fantastic culture by consistently signing on early and giving the likes of Kelly, Whitfield, Tomlinson and Patton the belief- that they'll be around for the long term, and that GWS are a desirable club to play for. Kelly signed for two? So what? It makes the most sense for him. He would be silly to sign for anything longer, and I'm proud of my club for being adaptable and intelligent enough to not force a 5 year contract down his throat, like North fans seem to think we should have. If Kelly wants to leave in 2019, then that's okay. We will be fine. He is held in very high regard by most GWS supporters for signing the extension when he did, and I would wish him nothing but the best if he wanted to go back to Victoria, East Perth, or even the Hobart Kangaroos :thumbsu:

But please, this thread can probably be locked until we hear anything new.

North holding a gun to our heads? I've heard it all now.

Kelly isn't even the most talented midfielder on our list. Shiel has him covered. Both outstanding young people who I'm thrilled are associated with our club. Coniglio, Shiel, Adam Kennedy and Buntine have driven a fantastic culture by consistently signing on early and giving the likes of Kelly, Whitfield, Tomlinson and Patton the belief- that they'll be around for the long term, and that GWS are a desirable club to play for. Kelly signed for two? So what? It makes the most sense for him. He would be silly to sign for anything longer, and I'm proud of my club for being adaptable and intelligent enough to not force a 5 year contract down his throat, like North fans seem to think we should have. If Kelly wants to leave in 2019, then that's okay. We will be fine. He is held in very high regard by most GWS supporters for signing the extension when he did, and I would wish him nothing but the best if he wanted to go back to Victoria, East Perth, or even the Hobart Kangaroos :thumbsu:

But please, this thread can probably be locked until we hear anything new.
Not so much North holding a gun to GWS's head, more so Kelly. You win a flag in the next 24 months or JK pulls the trigger. Shiel is a gun but Kelly is the better player. Kelly shits all over Patton and Tomlinson. If I was guaranteed to shut down Sheil or Kelly, I'm shutting Kelly down. Enjoy him while you have him because it won't ne long before he leaves your centrelink like franchise who has been handed 95% of everything they have.

Jesus Christ you're acting like it's fait accompli and he's already signed a deal with you after the new deal with GWS ends.
2 years is a long time in football and if you're putting your faith in groin guru and snake baker you're gonna have a bad time.
Time flies by in footy. Ever notice how quickly each season goes? Where did I state he has signed a deal with us already? Classic Tiger flog who thinks his s**t don't stink after his team wins a flag. Jog on mate. If Kelly does leave it will be to North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back