Workshop Jumper Ideas For 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't really need a clash guernsey, I don't even think Gold Coast or Sydney really clash against Brisbane, but The AFL think so for some reason.
Our red away jumper basically serves as a clash jumper anyway. I'd suggest we wear our home jumper / white shorts combination against Sydney & GWS for away games then wear a predominantly blue jumper which would be used exclusively for Q-Clash games against Gold Coast.

Last edited:

I know Norwood is a big, well followed side, and as a West Perth supporter they are my SANFL team, but I’ve always thought their jumper is a bit meh.

I do like the half blue and red with the monogram.
I agree. I've brought my reply here as it doesn't really suit the SANFL jumper history thread. I'd like to see them use the elongated monogram in this fashion (excuse the roughness):
1694475069670.png
(I'd lean towards the red monogram, but the white stands out more)
Not flashy at all, but gives it more character.

View attachment 1800616
Q-Clash kit
  • Maroon shorts worn at the Gabba
  • White shorts worn at Heritage Bank Stadium (Metricon)
I'm so confused as to why you think gold doesn't work v GWS.

Our current clash works fine, as did our previous yellow one, or we could wear red or the maroon (as you said).

1694478120475.jpeg
4aaac2cbbce710263ed7bc6c0336f6a1
stephen-coniglio-of-the-giants-is-tackled-by-zac-bailey-of-the-lions-during-the-round-6-afl-match-between-the-greater-western-sydney-gws-giants-and-the-brisbane-lions-at-spotless-stadium-in-sydney-saturday-april-28-2018-aap-imagecraig-golding-2JXFX4Y.jpg

Giants also wear their full orange in the VFL with charcoal shorts so there is precedent for them going orange if they wanted, or NS, but if it was that big a deal we could just wear our home with white

Screen-Shot-2023-04-24-at-5.31.36-pm.png

GWS v Hawthorn - I guess they must have the same issue, cos i can't tell what team they play for

Screen-Shot-2023-04-12-at-11.45.22-am.png

We also now have three kits, two honouring different club histories, why would you want some blue thing to replace that?

Last edited:
I'm so confused as to why you think that none of our three kits work v GWS.

Our current clash works fine, as did our previous yellow one, or we could wear red or the maroon.

View attachment 1800703
4aaac2cbbce710263ed7bc6c0336f6a1
stephen-coniglio-of-the-giants-is-tackled-by-zac-bailey-of-the-lions-during-the-round-6-afl-match-between-the-greater-western-sydney-gws-giants-and-the-brisbane-lions-at-spotless-stadium-in-sydney-saturday-april-28-2018-aap-imagecraig-golding-2JXFX4Y.jpg

Giants also wear their full orange in the VFL with charcoal shorts so there is precedent for them going orange if they wanted, or NS, but if it was that big a deal we could just wear our home with white

Screen-Shot-2023-04-24-at-5.31.36-pm.png

GWS v Hawthorn - I guess they must have the same issue, cos i can't tell what team they play for

Screen-Shot-2023-04-12-at-11.45.22-am.png

We also now have three kits, two honouring different club histories, why would you want some blue thing to replace that?
I already said that our home jumper would be just fine against GWS. The Gold works fine at night but as I said earlier both jumpers clash horribly in afternoon games. Red absolutely doesn't work against their Orange. I don't understand what you have against blue. It would be nice to have a clash that includes all 3 of our club colours. The Fitzroy faithful can have their red for our away jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We only wear our clash 1 - 2 games per year. Maybe 3 Max if it's for a pre-season game. Gold Coast, Sydney & GWS are the only teams we wear a clash against in away games. Blue should be fine for that purpose.
The yellow clash is a way of honoring the Bears heritage. That is one of the reasons we should keep it.

They don't really need a clash guernsey, I don't even think Gold Coast or Sydney really clash against Brisbane, but The AFL think so for some reason.
The answer is that 3rd guernseys, can sell like hotcakes sometimes. I believe the gold and maroon one sold really well this year. I know I bought one.
3 jumpers also means that we have a Brisbane Lions jumper, the original jumper, a heavily Fitzroy inspired away jumper and a 3rd jumper that is generally heavily bears inspired. The lions aren't like the other clubs, they're a merged team with 3 sets of supporters, supporters who came from Fitzroy, supporters who came from the Bears and supporters who are only old enough to remember the Brisbane Lions.

100% keep it the way they currently do it roys kit for vic teams and bears for the rest
Only when there is a clash is it a bears jumper. I would love to see it more often or just the home jumper worn with white shorts in WA and SA.

Because it's not a clash kit, it's a special rivalry kit designed specifically for Q-Clash games against the Suns.
If we are wearing a special Q-Clash kit when home it should be the bears jumper used from 92-96 IMO. It's an all Queensland affair.
I just don't see why we would use a blue kit for a Q-Clash. We have never been a team with a blue base. Yes, I saw the old blue yoke, which was a terrible design anyway but we wore it with maroon or white shorts.

If we are wearing a special Q-Clash kit when home it should be the bears jumper used from 92-96 IMO. It's an all Queensland affair.
I just don't see why we would use a blue kit for a Q-Clash. We have never been a team with a blue base. Yes, I saw the old blue yoke, which was a terrible design anyway but we wore it with maroon or white shorts.
I'm a big fan of doing a cerise pyramid for an away Qclash, or the v for home, but not the blue thing which means nothing to anyone lol

Probably fileable under rumour and speculation and not sure where to put this, but are UA on the out at Essendon? All Under Armour jumpers and products are heavily discounted on the club website, plus the speculation/confirmation that ISC made the Seatbelt Jumper in R23 considering the template was identical? Where there’s smoke there’s fire perhaps?

Attachments

• IMG_2385.png
    IMG_2385.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2386.png
    IMG_2386.png
    183.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2387.png
    IMG_2387.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 71
Probably fileable under rumour and speculation and not sure where to put this, but are UA on the out at Essendon? All Under Armour jumpers and products are heavily discounted on the club website, plus the speculation/confirmation that ISC made the Seatbelt Jumper in R23 considering the template was identical? Where there’s smoke there’s fire perhaps?
5 year deal so should still be one season left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back