News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
It's the time of year for it if not a bit early.

First thing's first.

Geelong loses the gold AFL logo and will pass it on to Collingwood or Brisbane.

As next year is the 100th VFL/AFL season of Footscray, Hawthorn and North Melbourne, there'd surely be a special guernsey knocked up.

Suns will include the updated SIXT logo
Sixt-Logo.png

Essendon likewise with Amart.
I think I recall reading Essendon's deal with Amart was ending this year. Could be mistaken.
I feel like 2024 may be the year with the most one off jumpers ever, with the possibility of more teams wearing a special jumper for gather round and West Coast as well as hopefully some other clubs joining in on a retro round jumper.

20th anniversary of Port's first premiership

That makes me feel old.

Since watching my first GF in 1999, it's the only one I've never seen.

I was out at the Royal Melbourne Show that day and wasn't able to view it.

I have a DVD copy of the GF though.

It'll be interesting to see what St Kilda do following our 150th celebration year.

You'd think we'll have a new/updated crest rather than reverting to the old Microsoft Paint special.

There's also the piping on the collar and cuffs of the home jumper, which was part of the 150th year package. Do we keep it for next year? Do we repeat the mistakes from years gone by and go black?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll be interesting to see what St Kilda do following our 150th celebration year.

You'd think we'll have a new/updated crest rather than reverting to the old Microsoft Paint special.

There's also the piping on the collar and cuffs of the home jumper, which was part of the 150th year package. Do we keep it for next year? Do we repeat the mistakes from years gone by and go black?
Going back to the old one based off the membership pack. Seems like a missed opportunity to update it.

Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 9.22.21 pm.png

Port Adelaide need a completely new home jumper that actually has something to do with "Power". The retro jumper they released this year was perfect and should always be used
Same with Essendon. They should do something to do with "Bombers". Maybe a big logo on the jumper and get rid of the sash.

Same with Essendon. They should do something to do with "Bombers". Maybe a big logo on the jumper and get rid of the sash.
No, the sash is completely fine its been a sash for god knows how many years maybe 150,i prefer the sash from 2012 rather then the one now though. Port Adelaide however changed their jersey in 2010 and the one previous was miles better

Rubs me the wrong way just a tad seeing them have an ANZAC jumper. Don’t get me wrong there’s nothing wrong with honouring our fallen soldiers but seeing a club who hasn’t had any players serve our country is a little odd. For the same reason I don’t like our ANZAC jumpers having the teal when we do them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back