Jumper number changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a reason or mantra that Richmond has that they need to leave more standard numbers vacant every year but fill out the high numbers?

Like there are eight numbers between 12 and 40 available in 2023 but you guys have filled out every single 40 number and have a 50 too.

And thats the norm for Richmond.
Its a bit odd.
Years ago it was determined that all new draftees were to be given high and made to earn lower numbers

Is there a reason or mantra that Richmond has that they need to leave more standard numbers vacant every year but fill out the high numbers?

Like there are eight numbers between 12 and 40 available in 2023 but you guys have filled out every single 40 number and have a 50 too.

Its a bit odd.
its cos most of our low numbers are famous numbers that multiple premiership winning Richmond club legends have played in

we cant exactly give em to anyone . the little campaigners need to earn it

I can't believe Danial Rioli is not giving Maurice jnr , Maurice snrs old number.
What gives with that?
Maybe Jnr didn't want it...
Or maybe because Daniel won more flags in it than Maurice did...
Maybe Jnr preffered 10 because of his connections with Shedda...

What gives with you looking for every negative at the moment?

Maybe Jnr didn't want it...
Or maybe because Daniel won more flags in it than Maurice did...
Maybe Jnr preffered 10 because of his connections with Shedda...

What gives with you looking for every negative at the moment?
It's his dad's jumper and he wants it as far as I know, seems a bit unusual to me.

its cos most of our low numbers are famous numbers that multiple premiership winning Richmond club legends have played in

we cant exactly give em to anyone . the little campaigners need to earn it
There’s a bit of merit in that but once they’ve broke into the side then it’s time ,, it pisses me orf to see 38 40 46 running around reg in seniors when we got a cupboard full of low numbers available. Get it right tigers , it gives me the shits

Surely Marlion Pickett has been offered a lower number. Maybe he wants to keep number 50.

Its a bit odd.
The culture is that you have to earn your way to the top. Unlike some clubs who gift numbers to untried kids, at Richmond you have to earn your stripes.

There’s a bit of merit in that but once they’ve broke into the side then it’s time ,, it pisses me orf to see 38 40 46 running around reg in seniors when we got a cupboard full of low numbers available. Get it right tigers , it gives me the shits
What a weird thing to be pissed off about. What possible difference does it make ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He want his Dad's number, he said it when he joined the club.
If you were playing, would you want your nephew wearing your Dad's jumper if you wanted it?
Daniel was given the jumper in honour of Maurice when he joined the club and has played 100+ games in it and won three premierships in it. It belongs to Daniel. As I said, Maurice was delighted to be given Shedda's 10. End of story.

Surely Marlion Pickett has been offered a lower number. Maybe he wants to keep number 50.
Marlion said something along the lines of wanting to make it his own.

He's sure done that.

He also said after the Tigers gave him his chance and after all they have done for him. he would not play for another AFL club he is a Richmond man.

Hopefully he can eek out 100 games in it, then we get dibs on his sons if they end up playing.

He want his Dad's number, he said it when he joined the club.
If you were playing, would you want your nephew wearing your Dad's jumper if you wanted it?
His old number was one of his dads numbers, if he wanted to he could of stayed in that
He never said he wanted the 17 off Daniel
You are projecting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back