Jumper number changes

Remove this Banner Ad

With MRJ taking #10, Hugo taking #13, Taranto #14 and Hopper #22, that just leaves #12, #16, #18 and #24 available from our lower numbers.

Gibcus, Sonsie and Miller are probably all candidates for a lower number. My preference would be #24 for Miller, and #12 or #18 for Gibcus. I'd leave Sonsie in #40 for one more year so he can have Cotchin's #9.

With MRJ taking #10, Hugo taking #13, Taranto #14 and Hopper #22, that just leaves #12, #16, #18 and #24 available from our lower numbers.

Gibcus, Sonsie and Miller are probably all candidates for a lower number. My preference would be #24 for Miller, and #12 or #18 for Gibcus. I'd leave Sonsie in #40 for one more year so he can have Cotchin's #9.

IMG_7031.JPG

The full list of Richmond player guernsey numbers for 2023 is:

1. Nick Vlastuin

2. Dylan Grimes

3. Dion Prestia

4. Dustin Martin

5. Jack Ross

6. Robbie Tarrant

7. Liam Baker

8. Jack Riewoldt

9. Trent Cotchin

10. Maurice Rioli Jr

11. Jason Castagna

12. Vacant

13. Hugo Ralphsmith

14. Tim Taranto

15. Jayden Short

16. Vacant

17. Daniel Rioli

18. Vacant

19. Tom Lynch

20. Ivan Soldo

21. Noah Balta

22. Jacob Hopper

23. Vacant

24. Vacant

25. Toby Nankervis

26. Vacant

27. Thomson Dow

28. Josh Gibcus

29. Shai Bolton

30. Tom Brown

31. Rhyan Mansell

32. Samson Ryan

33. Kamdyn McIntosh

34. Jack Graham

35. Nathan Broad

36. Vacant

37. Vacant

38. Noah Cumberland

39. Mate Colina

40. Tyler Sonsie

41. Sam Banks

42. Judson Clarke

43. Jacob Bauer

44. Seth Campbell

45. Tylar Young

46. Ben Miller

47. Bigoa Nyuon

48. Steely Green

49. Kaleb Smith

50. Marlion Pickett

gibcus needs to earn it . hasnt played a decent game yet
How about Rioli Jr getting number 10

Kid hasn’t even debuted yet and they lumping all kinds of pressure on him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12 being saved for Max King like we saved 19 for Tom Lynch

How about Rioli Jr getting number 10

Kid hasn’t even debuted yet and they lumping all kinds of pressure on him
He's going to be a jet and we all saw enough last season he'll wear it with pride and make it big like the great number 10 Tigers before him.

He's going to be a jet and we all saw enough last season he'll wear it with pride and make it big like the great number 10 Tigers before him.
Think the joke went over your head mate, was just having laugh with groupie about a long running joke that Rioli Jr hasn’t debuted yet

No doubt Rioli Jr will be a fantastic custodian of the number 10 and especially the new indigenous legacy that it holds with Sheds

Think the joke went over your head mate, was just having laugh with groupie about a long running joke that Rioli Jr hasn’t debuted yet

No doubt Rioli Jr will be a fantastic custodian of the number 10 and especially the new indigenous legacy that it holds with Sheds
sorry. Cheers I never know when Groupie is being serious or taking the P155. I should know better by now .;)

Can’t believe they gave some kid stacks number
Should of retired the number
Seth Campbell best number 44 at the club since Troy Taylor

Scratch my head why a few players didn’t get an upgrade , have we got a 2y policy or something , miller, cumbo sonz, we’re all regs by season end and still have s**t numbers , I’d like an explanation
Some may not feel like they've really earned it yet, while others might just like their high number with the idea of making it their own, without worrying about the history of the number

Is there a reason or mantra that Richmond has that they need to leave more standard numbers vacant every year but fill out the high numbers?

Like there are eight numbers between 12 and 40 available in 2023 but you guys have filled out every single 40 number and have a 50 too.

And thats the norm for Richmond.
Its a bit odd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back