Discussion Jumpers That Never Were

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1555361
don't think this ever got posted in here, photo I found in a thread from few years back, PBs was never worn with OAK as sponsor
That was the training ones. The best player of the previous game got to wear that for the week in training for that year

This doesn't exactly fit the thread, or is it also for photoshopped supporter merchandise that never was?

I don't see an issue with it, it's the right place to post it as far as I can tell.

I don't see an issue with it, it's the right place to post it as far as I can tell.
Isn't this thread for jumpers which were designed to potentially be worn on field but due to various circumstances never were? This jumper was never going to be worn (or hung up on a wall) by anyone other than a supporter. It weakens a great thread.

You could otherwise fill this thread with the same premiership memorabillia for the club which ends up losing every single year, it's not a one off design unique to the Bulldogs in 2021. Here's the Geelong one this year, no doubt the same was prepared for Sydney but never used.

9631289-01-6.jpg

Isn't this thread for jumpers which were designed to potentially be worn on field but due to various circumstances never were? This jumper was never going to be worn (or hung up on a wall) by anyone other than a supporter. It weakens a great thread.

You could otherwise fill this thread with the same premiership memorabillia for the club which ends up losing every single year, it's not a one off design unique to the Bulldogs in 2021. Here's the Geelong one this year, no doubt the same was prepared for Sydney but never used.

9631289-01-6.jpg

Primarily yeah, and I do agree, but it’s not as if content like this weakens the thread, it’s still content. I don’t think people will come past this thread, see that jumper posted and think “ahh, this thread is garbage, move along.”

I don’t really see the point of a retail guernseys that never were thread either.

Like, of all the hills to die on, this ain’t it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great idea to replace the hoops with a grass/ wheat, not too sure about the execution though. Understandable why it never got used.
There was a couple similar ones that got used in 2016 and 2018
Geelong-Country-2016.gif
Geelong-Country-2018.gif

In 2017 and 2019 they just had the logo and a different number
Geelong-Country-2017.gif
Geelong-Country-2019.gif

Second one down seems to evoke the farming idea best, simple but gets the message across. Would rather see the unique designs for things like Anzac Day , Indigenous Round or my personal fav Retro Round (when teams do it).

On reflection I probably should have posted this here
Hard to tell from these images (all I could find) the original proposed Lions jumper had "Brisbane" scrawled across above the lion

1673411612633-png.1584831
1673411822759.png

Attachments

• 1673411876620.png
    1673411876620.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 187

Remove this Banner Ad

Back