Just how bad are Arsenal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Arsenal cooked / wenger's genius a thing of the past?

Watching that game last night, I saw some great attacking play from Arsenal and good ball possession, as usual, but Arsenal's recent recruits, and i'm talking last season too, were not up to scratch. Defensively they are a shambles. How can a top four club concede 8 in a league match, even if it's against the reigning champs, and HOW ON EARTH can they concede four against a side that everyone says will struggle to score goals and is the odds on favourite to go down.

It's tough times for Arsenal fans and I think we are going to see a new, dark era at Arsenal football club. Actually, we haven't won a trophy in six years so maybe that era is upon us.

Da Silva played Yakubu in twice (one was still offside) and we scored their other 2.

How do you let Blackburn score 4 goals. Good for LFC though, let's hope we can take advantage of Arsenal's struggles by beating Spurs tomorrow.

By scoring 2 of those 4 goals for them. No need to overreact from this result. Probably the best game of football Blackburn has played in 6+ months really. Samba and Yakubu beasted it

ironically, samba could've played this game in a red shirt but we failed to buy him. he's a beast of a defender, and would've provided the physical presence we haven't had since the glory days of vieria, sol cambpell etc

i said last night 'well arsenal would've won if they didn't score own goals'

but the fact of the matter is they DID score those own goals and there weren't good enough to take their chances. you can't say they were unlucky because they missed because good teams will finish, goals win matches no matter how you get them

Well they scored the second of those own goals because they let Hoilett (or Olsson, don't remember which) run all the way from the wing to the byline in the box and put in a dangerous centre, so it's a bit rich to say "oh it's an own goal, how unlucky".

There are two schools of thought on changing manager: I don't think you can just find another Arsene Wenger, or, someone new is needed to freshen up the club and give it a new direction.

Personally, if Arsenal don't make the top four, which looks extremely unlikely now, i think they will have to go in a new direction.

Watching that game last night, I saw some great attacking play from Arsenal and good ball possession, as usual, but Arsenal's recent recruits, and i'm talking last season too, were not up to scratch. Defensively they are a shambles. How can a top four club concede 8 in a league match, even if it's against the reigning champs, and HOW ON EARTH can they concede four against a side that everyone says will struggle to score goals and is the odds on favourite to go down.

It's tough times for Arsenal fans and I think we are going to see a new, dark era at Arsenal football club. Actually, we haven't won a trophy in six years so maybe that era is upon us.

You don't find another Arsene Wenger. Personally, I wouldn't consider him a top manager anymore. There are plenty better out there to do the job. He has past his used by date. Joachim Low would be a good replacement. Jurgen Klopp. Or even back to British roots, someone like Martin O'Neill.

His youth project fails and he refuses to admit defeat in doing so. Summer after summer he has failed to properly reinforce the squad with adequate replacements. Summer after summer he has kept faith in the squad he has, not letting his youngsters stunt in growth.

The man is senile and walking a contradiction. He says you can't be a serious team by selling Cesc and Nasri, then he goes and does so. And on top of that, he allowed Barcelona to get Fabregas even cheaper.

I do not want a man like that in charge of my club.

You don't find another Arsene Wenger. Personally, I wouldn't consider him a top manager anymore. There are plenty better out there to do the job. He has past his used by date. Joachim Low would be a good replacement. Jurgen Klopp. Or even back to British roots, someone like Martin O'Neill.

His youth project fails and he refuses to admit defeat in doing so. Summer after summer he has failed to properly reinforce the squad with adequate replacements. Summer after summer he has kept faith in the squad he has, not letting his youngsters stunt in growth.

The man is senile and walking a contradiction. He says you can't be a serious team by selling Cesc and Nasri, then he goes and does so. And on top of that, he allowed Barcelona to get Fabregas even cheaper.

I do not want a man like that in charge of my club.

Well said :thumbsu:

How do you let Blackburn score 4 goals. Good for LFC though, let's hope we can take advantage of Arsenal's struggles by beating Spurs tomorrow.

So, how are you feeling about your season now? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny you mention that though Jod.

You guys have spent a ridiculous amount of money during the summer, and you've lost twice already. You also didn't lose the equivalent of Cesc and Nasri in the same window, nor has your side suffered major injuries to key players like we have ala Vermaelen and Wilshere (Wilshere is more important to Arsenal than Gerrard to Liverpool). And you also haven't lost the equivalent of Gervinho and Song to a 3-match suspension and you haven't faced United at OT.

Food for thought.

unfortunately this arsenal squad is very poor. they will not qualify for the champions league next year and needs an injection of quality players coming into their prime.arteta and beniyoun were uninspiring choices.

unfortunately this arsenal squad is very poor. they will not qualify for the champions league next year and needs an injection of quality players coming into their prime.arteta and beniyoun were uninspiring choices.

I find this statement pretty interesting. Just for discussions sake, who do you believe will finish in those Champions League positions on the ladder?

Personally, I understand that Arsenal are in a disappointing position on the ladder at the moment, but I believe that it is a long season, and there are still some game's to be played. At the moment they are 6 points off third place. This mean's two more win's within a season lasting until May next year. I do understand that Arsenal's position may worsen more than 6 points, but I still believe that is an achievable task.

But I have to admit im biased :D so I'd say your probably right :p

Yes, to be honest, if we manage to jag a few results our way, I believe we will be taking Liverpool's or Spur's spots. They are the team's we should be targeting.

Funny you mention that though Jod.

You guys have spent a ridiculous amount of money during the summer, and you've lost twice already. You also didn't lose the equivalent of Cesc and Nasri in the same window, nor has your side suffered major injuries to key players like we have ala Vermaelen and Wilshere (Wilshere is more important to Arsenal than Gerrard to Liverpool). And you also haven't lost the equivalent of Gervinho and Song to a 3-match suspension and you haven't faced United at OT.

Food for thought.

This is amusing. We didnt spend a ridiculous amount of money. We actually recouped a lot of it. Henderson, Adam, Downing, Coates and Enrique cost us around 55 million. But we recouped about 29 million of that from the sales of Ayala, Konchesky, N'Gog, Meireles, Poulsen, Krygiakos, Jovanovic and Insua. So the outlay isnt actually that huge.

Sure we didnt lose key players like Cesc and Nasri, but that isnt our fault. Just because Arsenal sucked at holding on to key players and then didnt replace them is nothing to do with us. Wilshere isnt more important to Arsenal than Gerrard is to Liverpool and yes we have lost key players like Gerrard, Johnson, Kelly and Agger to injury already this season. Suspensions to Gervinho and Song are again, your own fault. And no we havent faced Utd at OT but we have been to Emirates and WHL.

So not really any food for thought really. The game is afoot and I hope we can finish 4th.

29 million back? Way to inflate the figures coming and deflate the ones going out. More like 56 spent, 20 recouped from sales. Which puts your net spend at 36 million, rather than 26 million as you're claiming.

You got a sum total of zero pounds for Ayala, Insua, Jovanovic and Krygiakos so I'm not sure why you're including them in the 'sales' and you brought in Craig Bellamys £100,000 per week wage.

Bellamy isnt on 100k, no idea where you get that idea mate. As for Ayala, he went for a reported 800k rising to 1 million. Insua, Jova, the Greek all went for undisclosed figures but it's been rumours 1 million for the Greek, 1 for Jova and around 2 million for Insua.

15 from Meireles and 4 from N'Gog already gets us to 19 million. From two players. So your figure of 20 million is miles off. Sorry mate.

you heard different to every newspaper around and every news source around. Must have had the liverpool goggles on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back