Justin Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Focusing purely on the now is how you become North Melbourne.

Locking us out of the 1st round till 2019 just for Gibbs would've been irresponsible and I'm glad the club didn't do it.
Lacking Gibbs is not the reason we lost the GF.

Did you forget 2018 because it suited your argument

Focusing on the now wins you flags I couldn't give a toss about finishing 8 th in 6 years time

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Like I said man.... I’m ****** off with the lack of vision and planning.
You either load and bring in 2-3 ready made players or you have a mini rebuild we have decided to do neither.
Gibbs is class but he should be an addition to what we already had not a replacement.
Mark my words top 4 will be a massive struggle.

All well and good to say we should bring in 2/3 top line players, but it doesn't work like that in reality, players need to want to come to the Crows. It's a two way street.

All well and good to say we should bring in 2/3 top line players, but it doesn't work like that in reality, players need to want to come to the Crows. It's a two way street.

I don’t know man.... our swampie mates seem to get it done! And they’re a ******* disgrace of a club.

I hope you’re right mate I’ll be the first to acknowledge it if we have a better year than this one.
I'm hoping for a harder edge next season ......the incoming players will assist there

And Riley Knight can be released to an outside role if Gibson plays the defensive role.
Happy with what has gone down overall, given we had two players who wanted out.
Two players out, Two players in .....and much better draft positions 2017 & 2018 Drafts :thumbsu:

Did you forget 2018 because it suited your argument

Focusing on the now wins you flags I couldn't give a toss about finishing 8 th in 6 years time

Opps, I meant 2018.

Your second sentence is where we differ.
I'd prefer to take responsible approaches to list management & also back in our player development, whilst at the same time ensure we continue bring in new young talent to bolster our side in the coming years.

All well and good to say we should bring in 2/3 top line players, but it doesn't work like that in reality, players need to want to come to the Crows
My thoughts exactly. People who think we "shoulda done more":

Please provide a list of best-22 players in other clubs, who fill a gap / provide an upgrade on our list, who want to leave their current club, and want to come to Adelaide, and whose club is willing to let them go.

That's before you get to $ and trade value.

It's all very well to say "shoulda" and it's somehow the club's fault, but the options have to be there.

My thoughts exactly. People who think we "shoulda done more":

Please provide a list of best-22 players in other clubs, who fill a gap / provide an upgrade on our list, who want to leave their current club, and want to come to Adelaide, and whose club is willing to let them go.

That's before you get to $ and trade value.

It's all very well to say "shoulda" and it's somehow the club's fault, but the options have to be there.
As we have seen with many, many examples this year, is that their is one way to lure players out of clubs. It's all about $$$$. Nothing more. The side stories that go with it is purely spin for the casual fans. Did you hear what the Suns offered Weller ?? We all have a fair idea what Charlie was offered. Then there is the 'Dollars in their Eyes' three in Rockliff, Watts and Motlop. Even Schache was looking for 400K a year. And he's still living off his rep at under 18 level.

Imo Reid has sold us down the river. He's traded out our fastest player and biggest x factor who was under contract. We will go backwards next year.

Sack Reid. weak as piss!!!!

Cameron did not want to be here. He is no gibbs who was still able to play well this year. I dont trust Charlie one bit to play well when his head isnt in it.

been waiting donkey years for us to be a massive mover in trade week without being reamed and this year was certainly it! best thing was no more amateur hour in the media.

timing was great, extracted the lever deal early, which allowed alot of time and leverage for todays final pieces to all fall in place. Once the gibbs deal fell everything else across the league did too. We identified and demanded Melbourne's assets early, unlike what happened with the dangerfield trade where geelong went and spent their currency and we got their change, and in this very trade, the bulldogs blinked and lost pick 11 for stringer.

great we are not shitting the bed each time a player wants to leave. each loss can be turned into a gain and its certainly what Reidy has done so great work List Management team. solid executive decision making, one toe in the 2017 draft and a big bet laid on the 2018 draft.

Imo Reid has sold us down the river. He's traded out our fastest player and biggest x factor who was under contract. We will go backwards next year.

Sack Reid. weak as piss!!!!

Turn on the exhaust fans at work mate, the plastic has gone to your brain!!!

Charlie could have walked for nothing next year, and if his heart wasn’t in playing for us, he’d have been rubbish all year - whaddya reckon made him crap most of this year?

Pick 12 isn’t just start the car, it’s real life a grand theft auto!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

???? We made the GF last year effectively Gibbs would have improved our team it would have cost us Galluci and pick 16

We would have got Gibbs as a 27 year old

We traded for him anyway it was a short sighted view

Have a read of Reid's quote from last year

It can't be justified it was an error the club made I hope they own up to it

Credit to getting a good trade for both lever and CC though it's not all bad news

But the Gibbs one needs to be called out

Call a spade a spade

Irresponsible to give two firsts when you only have two firsts, however, it's not irresponsible when you end up having 5. There is nothing to call out here, last year it's a massive gamble, this year we have a fallback if it doesn't work in the next draft.

Irresponsible to give two firsts when you only have two firsts, however, it's not irresponsible when you end up having 5. There is nothing to call out here, last year it's a massive gamble, this year we have a fallback if it doesn't work in the next draft.
Exactly.

Disingenuous quote from McClure. Better context would have been to compare two firsts to *both* firsts. Not to mention a probable second round upgrade for us if I'm reading the deal correctly.

Sure, we probably paid a little over for Gibbs but so be it. He's a great addition and we'll be challenging for the flag in 2018 if all goes well - Doubt we'll be thinking of trades in September.

Also more than made up for by getting over the odds for Lever and Cameron.

Very solid trade period in my opinion.

Thats ridiculous TBH I would rather lever and CC than the extra draft picks

If we had bit the bullet got gibbs last year, what he would have done to our team, who knows and we will never know

But if our intention was to get gibbs anyway we should have done it last year and yes gone without a first in 16 and 17 and had a solid carck at the premiership

Now things have changed, great we have gibbs but lost one gun in lever and a good player in cameron in doing so

Remove this Banner Ad

Back