Opinion Kamdyn McIntosh - Protected Species

Remove this Banner Ad

A thread slagging off Kamdyn, 11 games into his career :$

Take Kamdyn out of last weeks side and play anyone fit and available in the 2's and we still lose. Least of our worries.

If it was Petterd, Newy, Thomas etc in the side the coaches would be copping it for picking has-beens, but they are blooding some youth and now we have "protected species" :$
Sorry but I don't recall "slagging" him off in the OP.

I usually watch lots of games from the previous season over summer. But this year, with foxtrl gone, I only watched one when I got Kayo. The game was the final vs Hawks. McIntosh got 3, before half time I think. Had quite a few possies too. So from that, he's in my team. Although he goes missing at times, I'm sure like George, his size, tank and massive pressure means he plays his role. This is where he gets a spot over Ellis.

I usually watch lots of games from the previous season over summer. But this year, with foxtrl gone, I only watched one when I got Kayo. The game was the final vs Hawks. McIntosh got 3, before half time I think. Had quite a few possies too. So from that, he's in my team. Although he goes missing at times, I'm sure like George, his size, tank and massive pressure means he plays his role. This is where he gets a spot over Ellis.

Has more to offer than Ellis

When you see the ball kicked into space on the wing, you'll always back him in to get there first.
Love his pace and ability to weave through traffic, despite the odd dodgy kick.
A Rnd 1 cert.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you see the ball kicked into space on the wing, you'll always back him in to get the first.
Love his pace and ability to weave through traffic, despite the odd dodgy kick.
A Rnd 1 cert.
Macca would be in the lowest quartile of our tpp , delivers bloody good value in that respect

I’m really hoping Rioli plays higher this year and I like ZLambert off the other wing.

Under the new 6/6/6 rules the 2 wingers suddenly become a lot more important they need to be capable of pushing forward/back quickly during centre bounces (and read the situation). Kmac struggles in the back half he’s not a particularly good reader of the play. Really is a straight line player.

I’m really hoping Rioli plays higher this year and I like ZLambert off the other wing.

Under the new 6/6/6 rules the 2 wingers suddenly become a lot more important they need to be capable of pushing forward/back quickly during centre bounces (and read the situation). Kmac struggles in the back half he’s not a particularly good reader of the play. Really is a straight line player.
I can see Balta playing on the wing , very useful competing in the air either on the attack or intercepting wayward kicks out from our forward press

Rioli on the wing allows Richmond to play; Reiwoldt, Lynch, Balta, Caddy, Higgins, Butler/George/ other small forward or resting mid

forward together. which is nice

Couldnt find his official thread however looks to be right on the borderline of the best 22.

Does Mcintosh make the 22 for the round 1 carlton game?
Whoever was borderline 22 in 2018 will most likely play in the VFL in 2019 unless they have significantly improved. You need to make room for the new recruit(s).

Things seem to be okay on the injury front.

He has been super important adds some outside run something we dont have. Has earned his stripes. Persist

I can't find the kmac thread, but I reckon he is building ok.

The Ellis faction is quick to tell us how rooted Richmond wing situation is when they lose a game or two. TigesOfOld, docko911 etc.

However macca. Caddy doing ok. Dow. Edwards. Stack types future options too

Thought he was terrible last week - more so touch and intensity than effort, but in hindsight understandable given how long he was out of the side for. Was one of our best yesterday - will never be a player known to tear up games, but when he plays like he did yesterday, he gives us a bit of height and running power through the middle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back