Kangaroos Steal Greenwood from Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep would have been a big hole to fill but it’s worked out ok, Will give us nice height in the midfield and drifting forward with a mismatch

Looks good and in full training

Right knee is still strapped after coming off surgery from his MCL injury. There was never a guarantee he was going to fully recover for round 1 after coming off the MCL surgery so it's a watch this space situation at the moment.

I haven't read the entire thread and I am late to the party on this one but surely Hugh Greenwood's character has to be questioned in this instance?

Surely Gold Coast had the discussion with him and got his commitment to the plan prior to pulling the trigger on this? This is also a bloke who walked out on the Wildcats prior to the season commencing to join the Crows so he has form in this regard.

No doubt Gold Coast have scored an own goal here but Gold Coast are not just solely to blame for this debacle, Greenwood has stitched them up to a degree, especially if the story is true GC matched the offer from North.

I haven't read the entire thread and I am late to the party on this one but surely Hugh Greenwood's character has to be questioned in this instance?

Surely Gold Coast had the discussion with him and got his commitment to the plan prior to pulling the trigger on this? This is also a bloke who walked out on the Wildcats prior to the season commencing to join the Crows so he has form in this regard.

No doubt Gold Coast have scored an own goal here but Gold Coast are not just solely to blame for this debacle, Greenwood has stitched them up to a degree, especially if the story is true GC matched the offer from North.

We have no idea how it panned out for them behind the scenes. If you're in his position, you don't really have much of a choice when your bosses tell you they've got a plan and it involves putting you through some mild humiliation and uncertainty. Say he reluctantly agrees to go along with it, but he's harboring some resentment over being treated that way, especially after putting together some very good footy in the last couple of years. He gets an offer from North Melbourne, a team coached by a guy he has a long term friendship with, the one who convinced him to come to the crows in the first place. They're saying "hey, we really want you" when the message you're getting from the Gold Coast is "we consider you expendable enough to throw you into the open draft and hope you end up back here."

Either way, failure by the Suns' list management team to not understand Greenwood's psychological profile and motivations.

Bit rich coming from an Adelaide supporter. Walker still on your list?

Yep, baffling. Considering the reason he left GC was the reason the club managed to obtain him in the first place. $$$$.

money is a part of every player's decision to sign anywhere, but there's also the length of the contract he was offered, the david noble factor, and i suspect that he was insulted at being delisted. maybe he just rates north's prospects higher than the gold coast's. perfect situation for north melbourne to strike. the suns ended up matching what north was offering, but at that point you're already off their list, why not just take the plunge?

Didn’t think this was the case.
GC stated they couldn’t match the North offer. Where did you see this reported?

oh, i might be confusing stories. i heard the suns were willing to match the offer but it took them too long to get their committee together and the decision was already done

oh, i might be confusing stories. i heard the suns were willing to match the offer but it took them too long to get their committee together and the decision was already done
Fair enough.
Usually it’s the most plausible reason that ends up being the case.

Wayne Campbell said the Suns couldn’t match the offer North put to Greenwood and he took the cash. Like he did when he left Adelaide for a better contract at GC. It’s no biggie, the guy is at the tail end of his career and wants one more pay day.

Fair enough.

Wayne Campbell said the Suns couldn’t match the offer North put to Greenwood and he took the cash. Like he did when he left Adelaide for a better contract at GC. It’s no biggie, the guy is at the tail end of his career and wants one more pay day.

I’m pretty sure they matched on length. Two years plus trigger. But weren’t close (relatively speaking) on $$$. Our large cap space allowed us to move quickly.

We have no idea how it panned out for them behind the scenes. If you're in his position, you don't really have much of a choice when your bosses tell you they've got a plan and it involves putting you through some mild humiliation and uncertainty. Say he reluctantly agrees to go along with it, but he's harboring some resentment over being treated that way, especially after putting together some very good footy in the last couple of years. He gets an offer from North Melbourne, a team coached by a guy he has a long term friendship with, the one who convinced him to come to the crows in the first place. They're saying "hey, we really want you" when the message you're getting from the Gold Coast is "we consider you expendable enough to throw you into the open draft and hope you end up back here."

Either way, failure by the Suns' list management team to not understand Greenwood's psychological profile and motivations.

I get what your saying and we all know GC have their downfalls but I just fail to believe they could be this incompetent by not getting approval from Greenwood prior to this going ahead.

I dont necessarily blame HG for going, GC is a s**t show but I just question if he is as clean cut as he is trying to make it out to be.

Fair enough.

Well, that settles it then, the aggrieved bloke who completely stuffed up and now has egg on his face.

Bit rich coming from an Adelaide supporter. Walker still on your list?

Thanks for your contribution, any chance you can keep the conversation relevant?

I don't think there is any follower of the game who wasn't disappointed and hasn't questioned Walker's character, myself included after what happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's that got to do with anything?

I could tell you your opinion means little because Carey is still a legend of you club, see how stupid that is?

Good news that Duck is still on our list.

I get what your saying and we all know GC have their downfalls but I just fail to believe they could be this incompetent by not getting approval from Greenwood prior to this going ahead.

I dont necessarily blame HG for going, GC is a sh*t show but I just question if he is as clean cut as he is trying to make it out to be.
GC tried to do a salary Cap dump with Darcy Macpherson & pick 19 to North Melbourne, unfortunately GC allegedly hadn't spoken to Macpherson before the deal became public. So yeh I'd believe they are that incompetent.

The old you support team X so your opinion doesn't count argument. Like every BF poster basically runs the club they support

You've been here the best part of a decade. You know the rules.

With the unfortunate news regarding Cunnington this move looks like a masterstroke.

Yep.

Stroke of luck in that Noble had the pre-existing relationship.

GC tried to do a salary Cap dump with Darcy Macpherson & pick 19 to North Melbourne, unfortunately GC allegedly hadn't spoken to Macpherson before the deal became public. So yeh I'd believe they are that incompetent.

Doesnt sound like it if you read this.

"The Suns have been transparent with me and my manager throughout this whole process and I was fully committed to doing everything I could to ensure the club continued to take steps in its journey towards success," Greenwood said

Sounds like he agreed to the clubs plan, and North jumped all over it. Brilliant from North and kudos for them having a crack and getting it done. All I am saying is there has to be question marks over Hugh Greenwood, he has done GC dirty here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back