News Tarryn Thomas - 18 matches and sacked from North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet Sonja Hood and Clarkson allowed it for a long time.
Nope the club tried to educate, assist, support the player. He didn’t play footy for a long time. Don’t use words like “allowed”. Don’t gaslight. Trying to help and educate a player is a good thing…..unfortunately some players just don’t care and don’t get it. The club has now had enough. As Viney said - you behave yourself in and you behave yourself out.

He literally did the exact same thing to a word that Elijah Taylor did in his first indiscretion and got away with it

The pathetic part of all this from Norths point of view is they have sacked him for his lesser crime. He threw a lamp at a woman, had a physical altercation with a woman but sending her a mean text was AFLs big issue? Yeah right. You made a mistake and took any path out of it really

You don’t get sacked if there are no established facts. It’s also been established what’s happened. We’ve seen this play out with other pieces of s**t like Carey, Stevens, Murphy, Lovett.

23 is an age of being able to know better. If I was doing that at 23 I’d not expect much sympathy. Let alone 18.

The AFL have a poor track record of investigating facts properly. They only do PR and image control.

I spent most of my first 20 years there, cuz.

If we know four things about TT, its that he values glamour, he values prestige, he values ostentatiousness, and he's got issues.

Now he might find some kinship for that last category down there, but I fear any future move to Tassie would leave the other 3 mental buckets quite unfilled.
Sounds like Sydney bound

Nope the club tried to educate, assist, support the player. He didn’t play footy for a long time. Don’t use words like “allowed”. Don’t gaslight. Trying to help and educate a player is a good thing…..unfortunately some players just don’t care and don’t get it. The club has now had enough. As Viney said - you behave yourself in and you behave yourself out.
Was the club educating him that sending death threats to women was wrong?

He literally did the exact same thing to a word that Elijah Taylor did in his first indiscretion and got away with it

The pathetic part of all this from Norths point of view is they have sacked him for his lesser crime. He threw a lamp at a woman, had a physical altercation with a woman but sending her a mean text was AFLs big issue? Yeah right. You made a mistake and took any path out of it really
I dont think he had a physical altercation with a woman. Where is that alleged?

I dont think he had a physical altercation with a woman. Where is that alleged?
At a nightclub somewhere in Prahan or some crap. Its in his first rap sheet

In saying that though its kinda weird also that throwing a lamp at a woman isnt seen as a physical altercation in that first list of crap he did :D . Maybe Sonja noted it down as "incorrectly rearranging furniture" or something

You do remember he was suspended from the club for most of last year, yeah?

You seem completely misinformed about both players.

Elijah's first indiscretion was breaching WA quarantine rules. This is what he was suspended for.

Thomas is alleged to have thrown a lamp at a wall not at a woman. And there haven't been allegations of him committing or attempting to commit physical assault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is still domestic violence. Does not matter that the lamp did not hit her.
If he threw the lamp at her and missed, then definitely. But this isn't what was claimed. Throwing a lamp at a wall could be domestic violence, depending on the context. But this is beside the point. I was responding to a poster who was needlessly embellishing or fabricating Thomas's actions. What he has done is bad enough that this isn't necessary.

If he threw the lamp at her and missed, then definitely. But this isn't what was claimed. Throwing a lamp at a wall could be domestic violence, depending on the context. But this is beside the point. I was responding to a poster who was needlessly embellishing or fabricating Thomas's actions. What he has done is bad enough that this isn't necessary.

If it is done in a way meant to intimidate or frighten then it is domestic violence.

I can’t believe this needs explaining to you.

Thomas is clearly a piece of s**t. He is 23 years old. He has breached basic social standards and deserves to be out on his arse. * him.

Why are you so mad about it?

If you aren't directly connected to the incident(s) in question, why are you allowing it to affect your emotions like this?

yes classified as DV

Some people don’t realise how broad DV is

He hasn’t committed physical harm/assault

So the question is where do you draw the line. Is it criminal matter or less to warrant not playing

Verbal threats can be assault, no?

I feel like "inappropriate behavior towards a woman" is a gross understatement when someone is threatening to harm or kill a woman or any other kind of DV.
Are you talking about Tarryn Thomas here, or just rapping on theme?

We don't know what the recent behaviour involved. And we don't need to know for the sake of the victim. That shouldn't give us license to speculate on possible crimes and declare Thomas guilty of them.

Are you talking about Tarryn Thomas here, or just rapping on theme?

We don't know what the recent behaviour involved. And we don't need to know for the sake of the victim. That shouldn't give us license to speculate on possible crimes and declare Thomas guilty of them.
Doesn't matter what he did, no one argues it falls into the category of DV, and the vague statement of the charge seems a bit of an understatement in general.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back