Prediction North Melbourne or Richmond. Who will finish higher in 2024 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Given the retirements of several club legends/greats and the uncertainty surrounding who their next coach will be and the next generation of cubs on their list, I fully expect Richmond to likely fall into the bottom 4 next season (understandably wise due to equalisation and salary cap pressures which eroded their depth and inability to get top draft picks during their rather admirable flag and finals run)

I think North Melbourne will improve quite a bit next year (well you would like to think they would) but I don't think they have enough established class/leaders and kids good enough to get them out of the bottom 4 next season.

I honestly have no idea, at a pinch North, cause they have Larkey and hopefully a fully fit LDU and Wardlaw to help complement the stand out young gun of 2023 in Harry Sheezel.

On the other hand, assuming Ben McKay goes, North will have the weakest, most wafer thin backline in the comp. One that will occasionally still have cricket scores booted against them.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

I have bottom 4 next year as some combo of Hawthorn, West Coast, Gold Coast, and Fremantle.

Richmond would take the place of Fremantle though if Dustin Martin does end up leaving.

I think both Richmond and North will finish somewhere in that 10th-14th range, but I agree both are trending in different directions.

l
I have bottom 4 next year as some combo of Hawthorn, West Coast, Gold Coast, and Fremantle.

Richmond would take the place of Fremantle though if Dustin Martin does end up leaving.

I think both Richmond and North will finish somewhere in that 10th-14th range, but I agree both are trending in different directions.
Lol at North higher than GCS Freo and Hawthorn.

I don’t think Gold Coast will even go close to finishing in the bottom 4 next year. They’re getting a lot of talent in the draft on top of the young talent already there. They also get an experienced coach and two assistant coaches that know how success looks like.

North bottom 4
Richmond 7th-13th

Tom Lynch will be like a new recruit. They’d have won an extra few games with him in the side this year. He will more than cover the loss of Riewoldt, Cotchin is a non factor.

Not sure Dylan Stephens on a four year deal has the same impact for North. McKay tough to replace and Logue done for the season. But they are trying. The wheel will turn eventually but not in 2024.

Given the retirements of several club legends/greats and the uncertainty surrounding who their next coach will be and the next generation of cubs on their list, I fully expect Richmond to likely fall into the bottom 4 next season (understandably wise due to equalisation and salary cap pressures which eroded their depth and inability to get top draft picks during their rather admirable flag and finals run)

I think North Melbourne will improve quite a bit next year (well you would like to think they would) but I don't think they have enough established class/leaders and kids good enough to get them out of the bottom 4 next season.

I honestly have no idea, at a pinch North, cause they have Larkey and hopefully a fully fit LDU and Wardlaw to help complement the stand out young gun of 2023 in Harry Sheezel.

On the other hand, assuming Ben McKay goes, North will have the weakest, most wafer thin backline in the comp. One that will occasionally still have cricket scores booted against them.
Absolute fckn roar!
Brilliant!.

North!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be surprised if we trap ourselves in the mid ladder no mans land, never quite getting great picks or generational talent at the top end of the draft

Richmond, unless they get a catastrophic run of injuries.

North May have a season more like hawks this year, win 5-7 games and be more competitive would be my guess but still bottom 4.

Richmond, easily. Is this thread taking the piss?

Lynch and Taranto are still better than every single player on North's list.

Richmond have a terrible 18-24 core, but some quality 24+ year olds to help the rebuild. North have some very talented youngsters, but literally zero older players to help develop them.

Richmond have a terrible 18-24 core, but some quality 24+ year olds to help the rebuild. North have some very talented youngsters, but literally zero older players to help develop them.

Come on now - Lynch is Larkey from Wish

The gap hasn’t closed fast enough for kangas to overtake Richmond by next year.

Tigers would be an outside shot at the 8 next season, especially if Lynch plays a full season. Kangas an outside shot at finishing outside the bottom 4.

Waiting until after trade period. If we lose McKay and have zero key defenders for half a season, Logue being injured and Corr proving not a key defender, every chance of zero wins for the year. If he stays or is adequately replaced, still need a few more ins than outs to match Richmond.

Wait, don't you need Priority Picks?

You posted 246 times in this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back