Prediction Who finishes higher in 2024, Fremantle or GC?

Who finishes higher in 2024?

• Fremantle

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • GC

Votes: 44 67.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I expect both to be in the 9th-15th bracket, but one of those lower mid range team leaps up high every year. Last year it was GWS. Could it finally be GC's year?

I posted my ladder in the prediction thread. Have the Crows in the bottom part of the top 8.
So Crows between 5th to 8th? I agree. I looked at Crows draw and I see the crows starting well.

I did predicted the Power in 2023 to make finals with 14 wins and 9 losses. Port surpassed that.

I wont be shocked if the Crows mens side in 2024 get 14 wins and 9 losses. Enough to get a home final. Watch the crows go 8 wins and 4 losses after 12 games then march along and get another 6 more wins after round 12.

As for Freo, I want Justin Longmuir to Stay but I think Justin Longmuir will be gone at the end of the season with another 10 win season.

Suns will finish between 9th to 12th.

It’ll be interesting to see how GC respond to Hardwick. No doubt they have a ton of talent. Their range is probably as wide as any club in terms of potential finishing positions, I would be surprised if they finished anywhere between 5th to 16th.

Freo almost as hard to tip, relying on improvement from young players to bounce back up the ladder and probably with a similar range.

Can't see Longmuire coaching past this year. He'll be lucky if he does. He's had his chance and has proven he can't get it done. Best for all to move on to the next and not waste having Brayshaw and serong in their prime.
Longmuir aside as we'll find out about him this year, Brayshaw and Serong haven't started their primes. They are 24 and 22, we've some time yet.

Walters is the only key player we are going to lose in the next 3 years.

It’ll be interesting to see how GC respond to Hardwick. No doubt they have a ton of talent. Their range is probably as wide as any club in terms of potential finishing positions, I would be surprised if they finished anywhere between 5th to 16th.

Freo almost as hard to tip, relying on improvement from young players to bounce back up the ladder and probably with a similar range.

Yeah I really wanted Justin Longmuir to succeed as a Dockers mens coach or last 8-10 seasons with like a sustained finals run of 3 or 4 years in a row.

Another repeat of 2023 season and he is likely gone, Probably replace him with a Victorian bloke.
Longmuir aside as we'll find out about him this year, Brayshaw and Serong haven't started their primes. They are 24 and 22, we've some time yet.

Walters will be one key player we are going to lose via retirement in 3 years time, Another one is fyfe, a 3rd one is taberner

Fyfe and JOM probably won't last 3 years either (due to injury), but I agree Freo has so much young talent, really exciting times ahead. Amiss and those young mids look so good.

Fyfe and JOM probably won't last 3 years either (due to injury), but I agree Freo has so much young talent, really exciting times ahead. Amiss and those young mids look so good.
Heres the thing.... I am gonna be realistic. In the end, we all want to see our respecitive sides aim for a flag. For some fans, some are happy to at least see it once in their life time.

Saying that... I am a long suffering dockers fan. Its not the lack of flags or grand finals or even prelim finals that hurt. Its the lack of times Freo made sustained finals runs or times they could of or should of made back to back finals.

Yeah I really wanted Justin Longmuir to succeed as a Dockers mens coach or last 8-10 seasons with like a sustained finals run of 3 or 4 years in a row.

Another repeat of 2023 season and he is likely gone, Probably replace him with a Victorian bloke.

Walters will be one key player we are going to lose via retirement in 3 years time, Another one is fyfe, a 3rd one is taberner
We've already moved past both of them because they can't get on or stay on the park.
Fyfe never plays anyway and when he does, it's not the Fyfe of old. Even in 2022 he contributed almost nothing.

JoM is a roleplayer. Reckon most of his best work for us would be with standards etc. My main hope with him is getting him to 100 games and hoping he produces a FS talent as good as he was pre-knee.

I maintain that based on the last 2 years, Walters is the only one we'll miss a lot.

I am sort of gutted on How JOM has panned out. I wanted more consistent games out of him. But injuries in his past seasons have affected him.

Its a shame too. Beacause after Freo made finals in 2022 and after getting JOM in a trade, I sort of expected for freo to kick on and made finals in 2023, 2024 and 2025 with Jaeger O Meara still producing some half decent footy and play finals for freo too.

Gold Coast will underwhelm again this year, one of the main storylines of the season will be if Dimma was really that good of a coach as he has been made out to be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GC comfortably.

Have you seen Freos list, and more importantly their coach? The only Freo players I know off the top of my head are Fyfe, Walters and the guy that does backflips after goals.

GC comfortably.

Have you seen Freos list, and more importantly their coach? The only Freo players I know off the top of my head are Fyfe, Walters and the guy that does backflips after goals.
Excellent, man exalts in his own ignorance as the main justification for his opinion. Welcome to BF

You're still right though, GC will finish higher

GCS have a lot more talent on their list so my guess is them, might take a year to adjust to Dimma's gameplan but think they still go pretty well this season.

Freo unfortunately looking like a bottom 6 team with JL at the helm. Too many bland players across the park and not many match winning types. Really like Amiss but think he's a few years off becoming a force still.

Fremantle.
They may have lost Schultz and Henry but their midfield is shaping up to be one of the best.
Taberner is a mystery. Never a star but like Dan McStay, he would really alter their forward structure if he's healthy. Allows Jackson to focus on becoming a hybrid midfielder where he appears best suited.

I don't mean to disagree with such a cute dog but in this case I must. Gold Coast have a lot of very talented young players who are just coming into their prime. They are a very exciting team.

I don't mean to disagree with such a cute dog but in this case I must. Gold Coast have a lot of very talented young players who are just coming into their prime. They are a very exciting team.

Gold Coast have had talented lists already since their inception and they have constantly failed to achieve anything.
At least Freo have made it to finals with their current list. I also think their forward line has just as much upside as Gold Coast's moving forward.
If Darcy remains healthy, they have the most dynamic ruck duo in the competition.

Practice matches are in. Will either take the next step in 2024?

Think this one is far closer than the poll results suggest.

Back