Who finishes last in 2024?

Who finishes last in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet hawthorn has stability, even with an acrimonious election.

Let’s hope that after Reeves abrupt exit and that of the Dingley project manager, that is now the case.
With the club’s racism matter still in the hands of the AFL and the HRC and an exit from Tasmania looming, stability through the rebuild will be crucial …

Port won 20 games and a premiership in 2004, Fremantle only won 11 games. This is of course entirely irrelevant, but so are the 2022 results that you brought up, so when in Rome I guess. Enjoy continued irrelevancy next year 👍
One season is a small sample
2023 was our down year.
We improved year on year the four previous.
In your ladder prediction for 2024 I suspect there will be no change to the 8 ?

If you'd said LDU instead you might have had a point.
Except I wouldn’t have, given the context of the exchange was regarding the youth. But cheers for offering your perspicacity.

Any excuse to downplay our good players some of you will run with it.
Day and Newcombe are good players, happy to agree on that.

LOL were not finishing bottom 4 and on exposed form which of North's young talent will be better long term?. We have some high end young talent on our list as well and unlike North we have got them in different areas of the ground. Watson could easily be as good as Mckercher or Duursma as 1 example. Ward, Weddle, Macdonald, Macabe all high end talent. Haven't even mentioned Day and Newcombe who are already better than any of North's young stars and that's fact. All 22 and under. Not sure why you decided to pot us when alot of the analysis on North has been genuine and not trying to troll. You blokes have made a prelim congratulations but you haven't achieved anything yet. Perhaps you and other Carlton supporters refrain from lecturing other supporter groups until there's proof you blokes are the bees knees of the competition.

Gold Coast won 9 games last season and finished bottom 4…we aren’t winning more than 10 games next season, so it’s highly likely we finish bottom 4 again…is that an issue? Not at all. If we win 8-9 games and finish with a % of 90+ that will be a good result.

2024 will be about getting our key core of under 22 players closer to 50 games as a unit and the development of our new look forward line.

2025 is when we will win 10+ games and push to play finals again. More likely to happen in 2026.

Let’s hope that after Reeves abrupt exit and that of the Dingley project manager, that is now the case.
With the club’s racism matter still in the hands of the AFL and the HRC and an exit from Tasmania looming, stability through the rebuild will be crucial …
Fishing for a bite I see. Worry about your own club and Bruce Mathieson.

Gold Coast won 9 games last season and finished bottom 4…we aren’t winning more than 10 games next season, so it’s highly likely we finish bottom 4 again…is that an issue? Not at all. If we win 8-9 games and finish with a % of 90+ that will be a good result.

2024 will be about getting our key core of under 22 players closer to 50 games as a unit and the development of our new look forward line.

2025 is when we will win 10+ games and push to play finals again. More likely to happen in 2026.
10-14th is more likely. I agree we won't be disappointed. Incremental improvement will be the base assessment of the season. 9-10 wins in other words. Sam has said there's no ceiling though so internally we think theres scope for even more if we get improvement from the likes of DGB and Ward and McDonald go to the next level and become good players week to week.

One season is a small sample
2023 was our down year.
We improved year on year the four previous.
In your ladder prediction for 2024 I suspect there will be no change to the 8 ?
Who said anything about no changes? I don't think Freo will stay the same. I think they'll get worse. Your coach sucks, and you lost two good players and replaced them with nothing.

I’m guessing the dingley project will have a full time paid professional project manager rather than a voluntary director arranging finance and er…direction.

Would mark a cracking ‘grand designs’ program though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennett appears to believe that he still represents the hawks in some capacity.
Better to just award him life membership and move on, as did the club’s CEO and Dingley project manager last year.
Stability is difficult in rebuilds …

Don Scott also has been a destabilising force at Hawthorn board/political levels for years. Think the new/current president has told him in no uncertain terms to go forth and multiply though ..

Interesting to see if the move to Dingley for their training HQ works out for Hawthorn.

Bottom 3 - Eagles, North, Hawks. Injuries will decide the order. Tigers could join them if hit my injuries (Lynch).

Eagles got something like 22 players 21 years old and younger with very limited experience and mostly unproven. If some mature players get injured it could be disaster season again.

North defence line-up is diabolical. Can Comben play there and stay healthy? They better hope midfield loaded with talent will limit defence exposure. Can Xerri/CCJ stand up in ruck? Larkey is a gun.

Hawks don't want many injuries to key players. Day's stress fracture is a not a good sign. Depth could be exposed badly. Still holes in line-up and too young. KPDs still issue.

Don Scott also has been a destabilising force at Hawthorn board/political levels for years. Think the new/current president has told him in no uncertain terms to go forth and multiply though ..

Interesting to see if the move to Dingley for their training HQ works out for Hawthorn.

And yet with all these destabilise forces, the hawks have been stable?

Bottom 3 - Eagles, North, Hawks. Injuries will decide the order.

Eagles got something like 22 players 21 years old and younger with very limited experience and mostly unproven. If some mature players get injured it could be disaster season again.

North defence line-up is diabolical. Can Comben play there and stay healthy? They better hope midfield loaded with talent will limit defence exposure. Can Xerri/CCJ stand up in ruck? Larkey is a gun.

Hawks don't want many injuries to key players. Day's stress fracture is a not a good sign. Depth could be exposed badly. Still holes in line-up and too young. KPDs still issue.
Which team does?

Bottom 3 - Eagles, North, Hawks. Injuries will decide the order. Tigers could join them if hit my injuries (Lynch).

IMO, Hawks don't have comparable depth (too young, unproven) to most teams. But I loved how Hawks played in some games last year. It was fun to watch.

Depth is probably the one thing most Hawthorn supporters aren't too stressed about, honestly. Unless we're talking key position defensive options.

Box Hill made a preliminary final with the likes of Mackenzie, Butler, Ramsden, Huswaite, Grainger-Barrass, Serong playing important roles. Those players collectively offer coverage over the entire ground and also had senior exposure in 2023.

Injuries to Blanck, Frost or Sicily would be the killer.

IMO, Hawks don't have comparable depth (too young, unproven) to most teams. But I loved how Hawks played in some games last year. It was fun to watch.
We have two top 10 picks(MacKenzie and Ward) looking to get more midfield time in 2024, on top of Hustwaite and Stephens who will play at Box Hill most weeks.
Depth in the middle is the least of our issues.

Depth is probably the one thing most Hawthorn supporters aren't too stressed about, honestly. Unless we're talking key position defensive options.

Box Hill made a preliminary final with the likes of Mackenzie, Butler, Ramsden, Huswaite, Grainger-Barrass, Serong playing important roles. Those players collectively offer coverage over the entire ground and also had senior exposure in 2023.

the reality is most teams cant cover an injury particularly well for their best kpp, not even the top teams. i would say hawthorn are better insured for this than north or west coast though.
if hawthorn lost sicily it would be massive, but i think they have enough depth to make a backline function without him. lewis would arguably be a bigger hole to fill, but bringing in chol alleviates this somewhat and insures there would be a capable kpf in the side to structure the forward line around

if larkey goes down for north theyre not beating any other team. next best kpf on the list arguably ccj

west coast arent quite as reliant on allen as north are on larkey, but him getting injured would instantly make them a much worse team as well with no real way to cover the loss

Box hill lost a final to Gold Coast, largely because of mabior Chol going well for gold coast

Back