Who finishes last in 2024?

Who finishes last in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The forward line is putrid, even more so with the loss of Schulz. Two main midfielders are a bit vanilla, unless Young steps up like he did in the last month. Ball movement from the backline is as slow as anything and you guys seem to love playing through Ryan who loves a long kick down the line.

Don’t think 22 was the peak but think 26/27 should be the aim once McDonald is on board and Erasmus/Johnson have a couple more years.

I think it’s very likely that GC/Hawks overtake on wins, with Geelong, Essendon, Richmond sliding down. Will be heavily dependent on injuries though.
How many wins do you think we will get?
What’s the predicted wins of north and your mob in 2024?
So you think Shultz is worth 3 wins and 2 7 goal pantsings compared to hawks.
I hope you didn’t have Shultz in the overrrated players thread.

How many wins do you think we will get?
What’s the predicted wins of north and your mob in 2024?
So you think Shultz is worth 3 wins and 2 7 goal pantsings compared to hawks.
I hope you didn’t have Shultz in the overrrated players thread.
I think hawks have a lot more natural
improvement in them then the dockers. Granted I don’t see Dockers winning the spoon unless Cox/Amiss have really poor years or get injured.

I’d say anywhere from 5-12 wins is likely.

Twilight world where north were apparently so badly needed extra picks but eagles got second pick at #30

If they do zoom up the ladder in 2024 people should answer for that decision.

They won’t obviously

Twilight world where north were apparently so badly needed extra picks but eagles got second pick at #30

If they do zoom up the ladder in 2024 people should answer for that decision.

They won’t obviously
You sound both worried, and a bit confused about the purpose of draft assistance.

Let’s be honest, if the Eagles don’t finish last this year, there would have to be a team who has had an all time disaster.
I really don’t get this. They had an absolute shocking year with injury in 2023, and they still have plenty of talent up and down their spine with a bunch of high end picks.

Would have thought it'd be a minority-held view that Day or Newcombe are superior players to Sheezel at this point.
Day and Newcombe are well ahead. Sheezel has yet to prove he is more than a clever seagull.

I really don’t get this. They had an absolute shocking year with injury in 2023, and they still have plenty of talent up and down their spine with a bunch of high end picks.
They finished with 3 wins and a percentage of 53. That is nearing 'worst team in history' discussions.

They have a bunch of over 30s (e.g. Gaff, Darling, Yeo) who have been on the decline and injury-prone for a few seasons.

They have a roster full of deadwood who you wouldn't blink an eyelid at if they were delisted in the next 12-24 months. They will be relying on a fair chunk of these players to fill their best team this year.

They have a couple of good emerging youngsters, but 1) not enough, and 2) not enough to make any meaningful change in their prospects. They don't actually have many high end picks in their squad at all.

Injury rates are a mix between bad luck and bad management. I'm not confident (going by the last few years) that you can put the Eagles down as even 'mostly' bad luck. I'm not sure what their S&C team is like, but how are they getting so many soft tissue injuries year after year?? That has to be a consideration.

The Kangaroos are abysmal, but if any other side finishes below them, as I said, they would have had to had a cluster* of a year.

They finished with 3 wins and a percentage of 53. That is nearing 'worst team in history' discussions.

They have a bunch of over 30s (e.g. Gaff, Darling, Yeo) who have been on the decline and injury-prone for a few seasons.

They have a roster full of deadwood who you wouldn't blink an eyelid at if they were delisted in the next 12-24 months. They will be relying on a fair chunk of these players to fill their best team this year.

They have a couple of good emerging youngsters, but 1) not enough, and 2) not enough to make any meaningful change in their prospects. They don't actually have many high end picks in their squad at all.

Injury rates are a mix between bad luck and bad management. I'm not confident (going by the last few years) that you can put the Eagles down as even 'mostly' bad luck. I'm not sure what their S&C team is like, but how are they getting so many soft tissue injuries year after year?? That has to be a consideration.

The Kangaroos are abysmal, but if any other side finishes below them, as I said, they would have had to had a cluster* of a year.
Who’s in our best 22 that’s delist worthy?

Eagles injury list last season was extraordinary unlucky. They had to bring in non listed players to fill the gap for a few games, both in the WAFL and AFL.

It needs to be factored in as to why their percentage was so low.

They also came agonisingly close to bearinr Essendon at Marvel.

Their list is not as bad as it seems. And they have some great kids coming through.

They will win more games this year, I am very certain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is worth noting that North are statistically the worst club bar the expansion sides since Fitzroy. They are still coming from a long way back
Is worth noting that Essendon are statistically the worst club bar the expansion sides since Fitzroy to not win a final.

Who’s in our best 22 that’s delist worthy?
I don't rate any of Petrucelle, Gaff, Waterman, Rotham, Witherden and can't see too many rival clubs that would be interested in any of them. If they're not in your 22, fair enough, but it means you are going it with a lot of young and untried players.

Not out and out delist material but Yeo and Sheed are past it. Darling declining. Chesser has been unseen.

Eagles injury list last season was extraordinary unlucky. They had to bring in non listed players to fill the gap for a few games, both in the WAFL and AFL.

It needs to be factored in as to why their percentage was so low.

They also came agonisingly close to bearinr Essendon at Marvel.

Their list is not as bad as it seems. And they have some great kids coming through.

They will win more games this year, I am very certain.
Good for you. Who, outside of the Kangaroos, will they overtake?

They've already had another soft tissue injury to Ryan, how much of this can be put down to being 'extraordinary unlucky'? Sure, there is a component of that, of course there is, but you need to look at things if players keep going down with soft tissue injuries.

Not sure why I need to justify WCE finishing last to be honest. They were pus the last couple of years. Their list is pus. Honest Eagles fans know that. The wider AFL world know that. It will take a few more years of drafting to build a more competitive team. That's not a slight, they were up for a long time, it's all part of the gig.

I don't rate any of Petrucelle, Gaff, Waterman, Rotham, Witherden and can't see too many rival clubs that would be interested in any of them. If they're not in your 22, fair enough, but it means you are going it with a lot of young and untried players.

Not out and out delist material but Yeo and Sheed are past it. Darling declining. Chesser has been unseen.

They've already had another soft tissue injury to Ryan, how much of this can be put down to being 'extraordinary unlucky'? Sure, there is a component of that, of course there is, but you need to look at things if players keep going down with soft tissue injuries.

Not sure why I need to justify WCE finishing last to be honest. They were pus the last couple of years. Their list is pus. Honest Eagles fans know that. The wider AFL world know that. It will take a few more years of drafting to build a more competitive team. That's not a slight, they were up for a long time, it's all part of the gig.

Richmond and Hawthorn (given the Hawks current injury woes are a possibility)

Not saying you are wrong for tipping the Eagles to finish last (they probably will win the spoon again) but I don't think the current state of this list is as grim as you think.
Obviously a lot of pain still ahead for them.

Is worth noting that Essendon are statistically the worst club bar the expansion sides since Fitzroy to not win a final.
Sure, if you ignore Fremantle, Bulldogs and St Kilda as having inferior records

These 4 aren’t b22 and Petch is extremely borderline. Every team in the league would have Yeo on their list.

Doesn’t take a lot of young and untried players too push them out the 22.

FB: Cole Barrass Duggan
HB: Hunt McGovern Yeo
C: Hough Ginbey Chesser
HF: Hewett Darling Cripps
FF: Ryan Allen Long
FOL: Flynn Kelly Sheed
INT: B.Williams Reid Jones Brockman

Could argue for Petch over Jones but it’s borderline.

Chesser showed a similar amount to Jaspa Fletcher last year, did you mark him as harsh?

FB: Cole Barrass Duggan
HB: Hunt McGovern Yeo
C: Hough Ginbey Chesser
HF: Hewett Darling Cripps
FF: Ryan Allen Long
FOL: Flynn Kelly Sheed
INT: B.Williams Reid Jones Brockman
Outside of the Kangaroos, name a side likely to finish lower than that bunch?

That centre line for starters has played a combined 60 games.

Back