News Tarryn Thomas - 18 matches and sacked from North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be interesting if anyone grabs him next year. Get him out of Victoria with a different playing group and culture

The playing group and culture at North Melbourne aren't the problem. He is the problem. The scumbag should never play again.

Definitely the right call. He was on his last legs last time, and he blew it.

I know it obviously comes down to serious personality defects at the end of the day, but I don't understand why it's so hard for blokes like him and other celebrities that go nuts to at least pretend to be normal and earn millions of dollars before your 30s. Surely you can avoid threatening women for at least a few years?
It sounds like he had a tough upbringing which is hard to shake. The club obviously would have known his background and took the risk. In terms of on field he was probably one of the best potential players at North. Obviously off field he never really got that he had to change. It's a shame but he really did it to himself. Sometimes you can give all the support in the world and some people will keep doing self-destructive s**t.

It sounds like he had a tough upbringing which is hard to shake. The club obviously would have known his background and took the risk. In terms of on field he was probably one of the best potential players at North. Obviously off field he never really got that he had to change. It's a shame but he really did it to himself. Sometimes you can give all the support in the world and some people will keep doing self-destructive s**t.

Yes, Brad Scott was a huge part of taking the risk on him back then. That's why I think there's a huge chance he ends up at Ess next year more than anywhere. They chased him last year while all of this was still going on. Gives the media plenty of time to spin redemption stories too. They'll go into bat and protect the bigger clubs.

Either them, or Gold Coast where he will escape the footy bubble.

As much as his career should be over, it probably isn't.

Last edited:
Yes, Brad Scott was a huge part of taking the risk on him back then. That's why I think there's a huge chance he ends up at Ess next year more than anywhere. They chased him last year while all of this was still going on.

Either them, or Gold Coast where he will escape the footy bubble.

As much as his career should be over, it probably isn't.
I get that he is talented but he is a massive risk. Still I could see the path to redemption narrative. He is going to be a 24 year old who hasn't been able to play footy for a year. Not sure he would be that attractive tbh.

I get that he is talented but he is a massive risk. Still I could see the path to redemption narrative. He is going to be a 24 year old who hasn't been able to play footy for a year. Not sure he would be that attractive tbh.

Tas is supposed to get a VFL team next year.

He can join that and if he keeps his nose clean, can be one of their inaugural AFL players.

People have been sacked for less.
Lawrence Angwin come on down.

I reckon he was hard done by..

“However, continuing off-field problems, including charges being laid against him from stealing from teammate Karl Norman, meant he remained a controversial player.[1]

Early in the 2004 season, after Carlton's round 2 win against Geelong, it was claimed that Angwin and Norman arrived at a Carlton training session under the influence of ecstasy

Tas is supposed to get a VFL team next year.

He can join that and if he keeps his nose clean, can be one of their inaugural AFL players.
How do you propose Tarryn Thomas will amuse himself on the Apple Isle?

A spot of bric-a-brac spotting at Salamanca markets on the Saturday morning? A jolly jaunt up Mt Anne on Sunday?

During the week, maybe he can nip down to Sandy Bay for some night classes in post-structural feminism?

A spot of bric-a-brac spotting at Salamanca markets on the Saturday morning? A jolly jaunt up Mt Anne on Sunday?

During the week, maybe he can nip down to Sandy Bay for some night classes in post-structural feminism?

Not my problem.

I'm not saying it'll work, but giving him an avenue to return can't hurt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel your only exposure to Tasmania is from a Tourism Tasmania ad lol

My wildest Saturday nights have all occured in Tasmania, as opposed to Melbourne. There's a lot you can get away with when there's no one around

Not a chance in Hell will he be in the AFL System again, He's done . He could be the next GAbblet,Franklin,Carey,Pendlebury,Fyfe combined no one is touching this guy.

This guy is obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed thats stating the obvious. He's obviously not smart enough to understand the privilege of being a professional athlete and the expectations that come with a public facing profession. So now he can be an ordinary citizen with probably not too many valuable skills to offer and of questionable moral character.

I feel your only exposure to Tasmania is from a Tourism Tasmania ad lol

My wildest Saturday nights have all occured in Tasmania, as opposed to Melbourne. There's a lot you can get away with when there's no one around
I spent most of my first 20 years there, cuz.

If we know four things about TT, its that he values glamour, he values prestige, he values ostentatiousness, and he's got issues.

Now he might find some kinship for that last category down there, but I fear any future move to Tassie would leave the other 3 mental buckets quite unfilled.

I spent most of my first 20 years there, cuz.

If we know four things about TT, its that he values glamour, he values prestige, he values ostentatiousness, and he's got issues.

Now he might find some kinship for that last category down there, but I fear any future move to Tassie would leave the other 3 mental buckets quite unfilled.
As soon as I posted, it hit me that you were also from Tas haha

I think North did what they could. You try and help a player - yes, it's enlightened self-interest, you get a good player if it works - but there's an end of the road. Some players are able to change before the end, some not.

It's a shame, but he's not the victim here. If he is able to modify his behaviour, and bigly, he's still probably only going to play VFL, SANFL, WAFL or lower.

Not a chance in Hell will he be in the AFL System again, He's done . He could be the next GAbblet,Franklin,Carey,Pendlebury,Fyfe combined no one is touching this guy.

This guy is obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed thats stating the obvious. He's obviously not smart enough to understand the privilege of being a professional athlete and the expectations that come with a public facing profession. So now he can be an ordinary citizen with probably not too many valuable skills to offer and of questionable moral character.
Yeah this has been going on since 2022 and he has had numerous warnings including nearly getting a criminal record for threatening to share intimate images. It is pretty damning when you continue to threaten women whilst doing a club paid for program explicitly telling you not to threaten women. Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back