Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone think an old chromecast device could cause buffering issues?

I have had the same reliable chromecast for like 5-6 years. Still works perfectly for netflix etc.

When putting Kayo on especially live sport it has the buffering issue.

It sucks that Bundesliga isn't on Kayo anymore.

Yall fought against the monopoly and this is what it brings, fragmented sports coverage and having to fork out more money for more services if you want to watch everything
Who fought against the monopoly?

Who fought against the monopoly?
I think the argument is that if one company owns the exclusive rights to all the major sports then they are in a position to charge higher subscription fees. Therefore monopolies are bad, multiple streaming ser ices are good. But in fact with lots of players now providing sports streaming it ends up being much more expensive to subscribe to different services.

The best solution for subscribers would be to remove the exclusive rights. Each streaming service would have shared rights to each of the major sports / competitions. However I doubt that's ever going to happen.

Not only is beIN an extra $15/month now, the app is complete garbage and it only streams at 25fps which is nearly unwatchable for sports.

I really wish Optus would pick it up, then it would be the go to for football and an easy sub
Sail the high seas. If enough people do it, they'll get the message and have to offer better services at better prices

Does anyone think an old chromecast device could cause buffering issues?

I have had the same reliable chromecast for like 5-6 years. Still works perfectly for netflix etc.

When putting Kayo on especially live sport it has the buffering issue.

I've seen on their website that they recommend the devices from the Chromecast Ultra onwards. I'm assuming you aren't using anything older than that.

The latest version is pretty cheap these days, probably on sale again at EOFY. I have a feeling that a new Chromecast device could be out later this year.

They shouldn't have to "justify" it, they should just provide a good service in the first place?

of course.

but in reality...try getting approval to spend a bunch of money to upgrade your app/service because everyone is leaving you to get the same product for free - which is what Burge suggested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

of course.

but in reality...try getting approval to spend a bunch of money to upgrade your app/service because everyone is leaving you to get the same product for free - which is what Burge suggested.
Well their bullshit splintering of products across a million apps is whats driving peoole back to piracy

We used to have dodgy satelites back in the day then that died off because foxtel had what you wanted. Then netflix

Now firesticks have replaced the dodgy satellites because the convenience and cost has gone the wrong way.

The monopolies everyone usually hates were actually way better in this instance

This is laughable as it is predictable but Kayo 4K works really well on Hubbl devices. I got a freebie through some offer for ex Foxtel Now customers last month (which is funny because I only ever had that on free trial anyway) and after going through the fairly rigorous setup process for all the apps, I’ve gotta say it’s pretty neat.

I’m coming from a Chromecast Google TV with 4K which was a bit stuttery for Kayo and would rarely hold a 4K stream. I thought it was my internet. Turns out it’s just Kayo being shit on certain devices.

I wouldn’t necessarily pay full ticket for a Hubbl but if you want the proper 4K experience for a fraction of the price of Foxtel, it’s probably your best bet

This is laughable as it is predictable but Kayo 4K works really well on Hubbl devices. I got a freebie through some offer for ex Foxtel Now customers last month (which is funny because I only ever had that on free trial anyway) and after going through the fairly rigorous setup process for all the apps, I’ve gotta say it’s pretty neat.

I’m coming from a Chromecast Google TV with 4K which was a bit stuttery for Kayo and would rarely hold a 4K stream. I thought it was my internet. Turns out it’s just Kayo being s**t on certain devices.

I wouldn’t necessarily pay full ticket for a Hubbl but if you want the proper 4K experience for a fraction of the price of Foxtel, it’s probably your best bet
I'm currently trying to get a free one, apparently if you message support saying you're having streaming issues theyll send you one

Well their bullshit splintering of products across a million apps is whats driving peoole back to piracy

We used to have dodgy satelites back in the day then that died off because foxtel had what you wanted. Then netflix

Now firesticks have replaced the dodgy satellites because the convenience and cost has gone the wrong way.

The monopolies everyone usually hates were actually way better in this instance

I dont disagree but we are where we are. More pirating isnt going to fix that and will likely make it worse.

I’m coming from a Chromecast Google TV with 4K which was a bit stuttery for Kayo and would rarely hold a 4K stream. I thought it was my internet. Turns out it’s just Kayo being s**t on certain devices.

I got that email with free offer. I dont have kayo or binge but have netflix and stan and disney. Worth getting? No cost?
I currently just use a chrome.

I got that email with free offer. I don't have kayo or binge but have netflix and stan and disney. Worth getting? No cost?
Normally I'd say 'it's free so you might as well', but in your case, I probably wouldn't.
Stan is not on there, and with Netflix & Disney+ they want you to transfer those accounts to Hubbl; don't know if you can just login without needing to do that, someone else here might have the answer to that.

Normally I'd say 'it's free so you might as well', but in your case, I probably wouldn't.
Stan is not on there, and with Netflix & Disney+ they want you to transfer those accounts to Hubbl; don't know if you can just login without needing to do that, someone else here might have the answer to that.
Im toying with getting binge as a few things on there i want to see. So will see if still available as i ignored the email from a month ago

I got that email with free offer. I dont have kayo or binge but have netflix and stan and disney. Worth getting? No cost?
Tbh yes. It’s free. I have both. Plug them into two separate HDMI ports if you are worried about missing out on certain streaming services. It’s worth it for the buttery smooth Kayo.

We already have Foxtel, which recently got (free) upgraded to 'Platinum', by Telstra, as they're no longer on-selling Foxtel but keeping existing customers. We only have one box, so I decided to try Kayo for a month to watch in another room. Picture quality is great, but it was a bit jumpy, at times. No buffering issues though. Came into it's own on Sunday night as my flight back from Hobart was delayed, so watched the highlights of Ess v Nth, then the closing stages of Port v Haw. Looked great on my phone, for what it's worth. Think I'll keep it for the rest of the season, then dump.
(Getting another IQ box would be cheaper, but I like the idea of stopping a subscription whenever suits)

We already have Foxtel, which recently got (free) upgraded to 'Platinum', by Telstra, as they're no longer on-selling Foxtel but keeping existing customers. We only have one box, so I decided to try Kayo for a month to watch in another room. Picture quality is great, but it was a bit jumpy, at times. No buffering issues though. Came into it's own on Sunday night as my flight back from Hobart was delayed, so watched the highlights of Ess v Nth, then the closing stages of Port v Haw. Looked great on my phone, for what it's worth. Think I'll keep it for the rest of the season, then dump.
(Getting another IQ box would be cheaper, but I like the idea of stopping a subscription whenever suits)
Don't you get free Foxtel go or Foxtel now with your Foxtel box?

Should look into that, you might not need kayo at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back