Opinion Ken Hinkley Envy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta love him today, he may well have just taken the Hawks out of top 2. And he played them better than we did. He may well have watched the Richmond game against the Hawks and thought well we can do that too. And he/they did. Bravo.
Who would have thought that the Hawks could be beaten.

A mod with an agenda to validate his own thread! I jest of course, catempire.
Only partly true. :p

I felt it only fair if he was going to cop it after bad Port losses I should go into bat for him after a good win.

I 'get' the bump.

But I'm not that envious of a coach who can match knocking off the reigning premiers (and supposed three-peat 'specials') twice in the H&A season with enough ordinary losses to leave his team almost certain to miss the finals.

I 'get' the bump.

But I'm not that envious of a coach who can match knocking off the reigning premiers (and supposed three-peat 'specials') twice in the H&A season with enough ordinary losses to leave his team almost certain to miss the finals.
Brings up that age-old question of just how much is down to the coach. Geelong finished 13th in 2006 and swept all before them in the following year - but still had exactly the same coach (and other personnel). We were runners-up in 1989, missed altogether in 1990 and preliminary finalists again in 1991. It's more art than science, and a whole-club thing rather than just one man.

Brings up that age-old question of just how much is down to the coach. Geelong finished 13th in 2006 and swept all before them in the following year - but still had exactly the same coach (and other personnel). We were runners-up in 1989, missed altogether in 1990 and preliminary finalists again in 1991. It's more art than science, and a whole-club thing rather than just one man.

Couldn't agree more.

It's only Geelong where virtually all the failings of the current AFL line-up are down to the coach.;)

Very true.

Although the original premise of this thread wasn't that Kenny could/would be some saviour. Just that there were some traits of his as coach that I admired.

Couldn't agree more.

It's only Geelong where virtually all the failings of the current AFL line-up are down to the coach.;)
Richmond have never, ever done that. Ever.
Very true.

Although the original premise of this thread wasn't that Kenny could/would be some saviour. Just that there were some traits of his as coach that I admired.
YOU CREATED A MONSTER

I know! I should know better than to hope for a nuanced message to be appreciated over shouty shouts.

Great stuff, catempire.

Actually using the phrase 'nuanced message' to refer to posting on BigFooty. A place where subtlety is nothing more than the vaguest and quaintest of notions.

Very droll indeed.;)

7 Aug 2009 Carlton defeats Geelong 97-62

Plenty if that coach can still manage to get his team up to win a flag after losing to Carlton.

That was in 2009, and Carlton were a better team then.

Come join us in 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have said so for some time. We really lack a player or two who can apply some heat to those who continually bash-up the skip. Wrecking ball style.

That said, the arrival of Danger (we will get him won't we?) and the further development of Duncan, Caddy, Mots et al will relieve some of the pressure. And not before time.

No Kenny envy yet btw.;)

Have said so for some time. We really lack a player or two who can apply some heat to those who continually bash-up the skip. Wrecking ball style.

That said, the arrival of Danger (we will get him won't we?) and the further development of Duncan, Caddy, Mots et al will relieve some of the pressure. And not before time.

No Kenny envy yet btw.;)
I know a bloke who's gone in to bat for him and got abused on here from pillar to post for doing so.
Stevie J.
now he's gone, will anyone step up?

I know a bloke who's gone in to bat for him and got abused on here from pillar to post for doing so.
Stevie J.
now he's gone, will anyone step up?
Exactly. SJ was one of the very few. Caddy looks a likely customer. The others need to back each other. I always think a midfield is starting to gel when the mid tagger for the other side looks like something the cat dragged in by the end of the game.

giphy.gif

Over on the PA board the knives are out for the coach and some players.......what a fickle world we live in......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back