Kingsley...

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont hate him, just think he has some fairly obvious limitations as a footballer and it bugs me that Choco doesn't seem to see them. He's not one of my favourites but hate isn't the right word at all.

Tredders#16 still rates him pretty highly.

Originally posted by AngelEyes
Why does everyone hate him so much?

What Scott said.

When the pressure is on he goes missing. As a small defender he is awful. He has no decision making skills. He has poor disposal. His opponent usually kills us.

Re: Re: Kingsley...

Originally posted by Macca19
What Scott said.

When the pressure is on he goes missing. As a small defender he is awful. He has no decision making skills. He has poor disposal. His opponent usually kills us.

I would agree when he's defending close to the goals and that is when he really worries me but further up field or on the ball I don't think he's too bad..........with Wilbur and Pickett about he might find himself away from our goal line more often

Re: Re: Re: Kingsley...

Originally posted by dreamkillers
I would agree when he's defending close to the goals and that is when he really worries me but further up field or on the ball I don't think he's too bad..........with Wilbur and Pickett about he might find himself away from our goal line more often
I agree with DK.
He has had to play in the back since Wilbur got injured a bit more often than not. Unfortunately he got found out a few too many times. However when he has had a chance to run through the midfield he has performed very well, and has actually won a game for us by doing just that.
Of our receiving midfielders, IMO alongside Schofield he can be one of our most damaging players.
Hopefully this year he can play in the midfield more often, and wont be allowed to go one on one in our defensive 25, that is where he is..............shall we say not the best.

I can see some similarities in Kane Cornes. Cornes is a good running and tagging defender so long as he is not forced to defend deeply. And that is where both of these players have lost out, Cornes in particular when he played on Nathan Brown in our trial loss to the Doggies. Cornes hasn't had too many opportunities in the midfield but most of his efforts there have at least been adequate.
But if I had to fill a half-back role and a midfield role and I had Kingsley and Cornes to choose from I would definitely want Kingsley in the midfield and Cornes at half-back.

Originally posted by mic59
I can see some similarities in Kane Cornes. Cornes is a good running and tagging defender so long as he is not forced to defend deeply. And that is where both of these players have lost out, Cornes in particular when he played on Nathan Brown in our trial loss to the Doggies. Cornes hasn't had too many opportunities in the midfield but most of his efforts there have at least been adequate.
But if I had to fill a half-back role and a midfield role and I had Kingsley and Cornes to choose from I would definitely want Kingsley in the midfield and Cornes at half-back.

The similarity is that the closer they get to our goal line the worse they become. Cornes is younger and more versatile. Kingsley's not a bad player just some roles dont suit him.

Originally posted by Eago77
The similarity is that the closer they get to our goal line the worse they become. Cornes is younger and more versatile. Kingsley's not a bad player just some roles dont suit him.

I also don't see Kane having the same problems in 3-4 years time when he has played a lot more than his current 22 games.......

I prefer Kingsley when he plays on a wing or in the centre, as a half back flanker he does alright aswell but put him on the last line of defense and he gets the yips when it comes to his decision making. Watching Stuart Cochrane during the pre season he seems to have the same sort of problems.

If he is played in the backlines then he should be played on the HBF pushing either Montgomery or Hardwick to the full back line.

Originally posted by dreamkillers
I also don't see Kane having the same problems in 3-4 years time when he has played a lot more than his current 22 games.......

Possibly as it seemed he was out-muscled and out marked a fair bit, i guess with extra age comes extra strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all the players in our squad, I reckon Kingsley would be one of the most suited to a football related career (coaching or media).

That said, he can be a bit up and down, but usually he does more than enough to hold his spot. It would be good to see him played as attacking midfield more often as he's a good passing kick with the flow.

Originally posted by Jars458
Give him Chocko's job. He can't do any worse.;)

Could say the same about Gary Ayres ... ;)

Yeah, let's put this in perspective

Choco 2 premierships (preseason)
Ayreshole 1 premiership (preseason)

Suffer in your jocks, Cow scum!!!

:p :p :p

Originally posted by Jars458
Pre-season

Adelaide 4
Port 0

Compare the injuries and the experimentation. We've been lucky to have played a game with only 6 first choices missing at any one time. And after leaving the Wizard Cup our players have played all over the place, something which will answer questions but rarely help you win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back