Kudos on the Brownlow Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Better than Grundy and Moore? I see him on par with Adam’s. ever since Buckley lost to Woewodin and Swan to Judd, I’ve had no interest, you may as well call it the umpires midfield pet award...
Did Swan lose to Judd the year Judd played Steven Seagal?

Neale wins in every stat except tackles, and kicks more goals.

Neale also has considerably more inside 50's and score involvements, a much better disposal efficiency, much less clangers and much more metres gained per match.

well he did win the brownlow..

Once this table is updated Pendles will have passed the 200 vote mark and should leapfrog both Selwood and Leigh Matthews to sit in 7th place on the all time votes leaderboard. Will need just 3 more to equal Judd and 8 more to equal Robert Harvey.

Will also mean he is the leader in the coveted 'Most votes without ever winning' award. :(

https://afltables.com/afl/brownlow/totals0.html

Once this table is updated Pendles will have passed the 200 vote mark and should leapfrog both Selwood and Leigh Matthews to sit in 7th place on the all time votes leaderboard. Will need just 3 more to equal Judd and 8 more to equal Robert Harvey.

Will also mean he is the leader in the coveted 'Most votes without ever winning' award. :(

https://afltables.com/afl/brownlow/totals0.html
Realistically (or maybe not, I could be deluded) I could see him playing 3 more years of double-digit vote earning, putting him at around the Sam Mitchell mark of 230ish votes. He might call it a day at 35 years old, given he'd have around 380 games played if he's healthy for that whole period, but I could actually see him playing another year after that. Hell, Robert Harvey played until he was 37.

He could genuinely end up as the 3rd or 4th highest all-time vote getter depending on Danger without winning the award. On the one hand that's a huge feat, on the other hand blokes like Matt Priddis, Trent Cotchin and Adam Cooney having the award and Pendles not having it is a bit of an indictment

Realistically (or maybe not, I could be deluded) I could see him playing 3 more years of double-digit vote earning, putting him at around the Sam Mitchell mark of 230ish votes. He might call it a day at 35 years old, given he'd have around 380 games played if he's healthy for that whole period, but I could actually see him playing another year after that. Hell, Robert Harvey played until he was 37.

He could genuinely end up as the 3rd or 4th highest all-time vote getter depending on Danger without winning the award. On the one hand that's a huge feat, on the other hand blokes like Matt Priddis, Trent Cotchin and Adam Cooney having the award and Pendles not having it is a bit of an indictment

I think without injuries he'll catch Judd, Harvey and also Dempsey on the adjusted votes tally. Gary Dempsey benefited from a couple of years where they awarded double votes. His adjusted tally is 218.5, only 12 ahead of Pendles. Then it's just a case of whether he can keep his form very strong for 2 more years to catch Mitchell.

The only player truly out of reach is Ablett Jnr, but with a 2 year advantage you would expect Dangerfield to keep ahead of him too.

Martin and Fife will probably also end up in front of him if they play to a similar age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back