Past Kurt Tippett - retired 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Yer nah

A key forward is a walker type that leads eyc

Kurt stands in the square and tries to out bussel oppenents but doesnt work

Plays like a basketballer in ball ups

Thats totally my opinion mate

Yer nah is a wank way to start a post but that's also just an opinion.

I've seen him lead up but you are right he is more a one on one body player and sometimes it works other times it's basketball. Agreed he needs to do more as a forward but I think the ruck role lessens that in being spent.

He is not a bettwr ff , has no idea in leading patterns etc

Look at his start to the year

Was his best to date a number 1 ruck

Not only that he lacks two key ingredients to be able to utilise his attributes. Those attributes being size,strength, athleticism and marking power. He does not have the intensity & urgency that is not manufactured but born in a natural footballer. Regardless of what people like to think Tippett sometimes just does not compete and more often than not it is in big games where intensity, pressure and the required urgency to succeed is at the highest level. Ocassionally because of his outstanding attributes he can be better than your average run of the mill player but to expect regular consistent above average performances from him is a very far fetched notion. He may have been an outstanding Power Forward in the NBL but in the AFL imo he is on a fast track to being a manufacturing project failure. I hope I am way off the mark here and he proves me wrong but watching him run around live at the ground in the biggest game of his career last Saturday with body language that looked like he would rather be somewhere else & said nothing to the importance of the Battle was really disappointing.

Not only that he lacks two key ingredients to be able to utilise his attributes. Those attributes being size,strength, athleticism and marking power. He does not have the intensity & urgency that is not manufactured but born in a natural footballer. Regardless of what people like to think Tippett sometimes just does not compete and more often than not it is in big games where intensity, pressure and the required urgency to succeed is at the highest level. Ocassionally because of his outstanding attributes he can be better than your average run of the mill player but to expect regular consistent above average performances from him is a very far fetched notion. He may have been an outstanding Power Forward in the NBL but in the AFL imo he is on a fast track to being a manufacturing project failure. I hope I am way off the mark here and he proves me wrong but watching him run around live at the ground in the biggest game of his career last Saturday with body language that looked like he would rather be somewhere else & said nothing to the importance of the Battle was really disappointing.
I agree somewhat, he has the strength & size but he doesn't use them. He doesn't have that "mongrel" type attitude where he can turn on beast mode & do some damage. He does it in bursts but fades.

To be fair to him he was in AA form for parts of this year. He was great in his new ruck role IMO. The problem he's always had is injury. He gets injured & drags himself for finals & (as always is the case with him) he needs a few weeks to build up his confidence & form. Combined with the new combo with Naisy he had to change his role upon coming back into the team... In fact, he played his best with Sinkers in the side (strangely). Maybe main ruck is his best spot??

Lack of confidence & form after coming back from injury combined with a new ruck/fwd setup (Sinkers - Naisy) meant he wasn't set for a standout Finals IMO. He had a great H&A before injury & I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have you been warned?

No chief purchased several houses with the ad revenue i generate

Though i often end up in a bar

Seems posting in forums is usually ok :p

This guy was in AA form for the early part of the season, then got injured. I wouldn't be writing him off yet completely for any reason other than cap space.

Man I love tippo an can't believe some are so quick to right him off, the guy was coming back from a broken jaw, he's one of the strongest one on one players there is. I admit he has absolutely 0 mongrel in him, but I'd prefer it that way, he's actually got skill an ability to make up for it, look at mumford what does he do apart from belt blokes? I'd take tippett over him every day of the week. He had a poor game but I'd back him in to come back next year an play the role required of him, an people need to realise that we will be a top 4 team again next year, this club continues to surprise everyone, even our own supporters, let's have some faith in them, whilst we may not have won the gf we are always consistently up there, no other club has that consistency, we are absolutely spoilt. Tippett doesn't need to come good, he already is good, he, along with mills an McVeigh were not totally match fit an unfortunately it showed, but I would not surprise me at all to see him kick 40+ goals next year whilst also rucking, he's an absolute gun whose made out of tissue paper unfortunately, but to think of trading him out is madness, I still remember him in 2013 when we got him, this bloke kicked 34 goals from 10 games or something, he was a gun an can still produce at that level, God willing he doesn't get injured he is the best foward /ruck in the comp, I totally understand the angst in here, we just lost the gf, but well back back bigger an stronger, the swans way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back