Toast Kyle Hartigan

Remove this Banner Ad

Although I hold my breath Everytime our defenders kick long, Hartigan had suprised me with the placement, penetration and accuracy of his kick this year.

Alright alright, maybe that's taking it too far, he's kicking as with the rest of his game had also improved.

Actually.. wouldnt mind see him forward for the lols... but weve got way too many oprtions there. Id also want to see him kick a goal... i dont think thats happened?

What a great tactical move from Pyke. Harto had Gray's measure easily.

His athleticism combined with size is invaluable to our backline. Very versatile player

I'm sure a lot of us supporters did the same double take seeing Hartigan on Gray ... I thought Oh no.

But he was a perfect match up and actually might teach a few other teams how to deal with Robbie in the future. I guess Gray usually doesn't have a player like Hartigan to deal with? He really struggled.

Excellent job by Pyke and his coaches to identify this match up - even better job by Hartigan to execute the strategy.

Yeah Harto did an awesome job. Be is deceptively quick.

To be fair Gray did look happered by that groin injury. He shouldnt have played.

Regardless Hart did a grear job not just against him but as a stopper when the ball was in the air

He and Talia have a great partnership down there. I woukd say they are the best FB/CHB in the comp.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hopefully now some people will stop calling for Hartigan to be dropped

Hartigan showed last night why he finished 8th in our B&F last year and why he is valued so highly by Pods and Pykey, his versatility for a KPD his size is invaluable

All credit to club and player, great recruitment, fantastic development and now the player is repaying the club in spades

Hopefully now some people will stop calling for Hartigan to be dropped

Hartigan showed last night why he finished 8th in our B&F last year and why he is valued so highly by Pods and Pykey, his versatility for a KPD his size is invaluable

All credit to club and player, great recruitment, fantastic development and now the player is repaying the club in spades
No way should he have been dropped, his disposal the first 2 rounds was very poor but I think he's just a bit of a confidence player so once he gets a string of games and continuity he comes good. Early on his career I was sus on if he had what it takes but he's been one of the best surprises in the last year and a bit. I remember Phil Walsh saying "we need to get 50 games into Kyle Hartigan as quick as we can" and well look at him now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did we try Hartigan on a smaller player last night, to give us the option of having a taller defence in future games?

Both Hartigan and Lever over pre-season have trained defending small and mid size type of forwards.

For some players being more versatile is not playing in different areas of the ground it's more to do with playing different roles in your preferred zone and rhis is why I've maintained that Talia, Otten, Lever and Hartigan can all play back in the same side.

Did we try Hartigan on a smaller player last night, to give us the option of having a taller defence in future games?

That's an interesting concept, I never thought of looking at it that way.
I have always just imagined Hartigan taking one of the big fella's, adds some versatility down back if he can cover smalls also.
I bit like Stratton on Betts for the Hawks

Otten could come into the backline and play Enright's role or Lever, vice versa.
Enright wasn't really their third tall, he was mainly their 4th tall at 189cm. I'd swear he looked more like 191cm though, broad shoulders.
Mackie was their 3rd tall.
Lonergan, Taylor, Mackie then Enright.
Talia, Hartigan, Lever, Otten.

If Hartigan has the ability to play and beat Robbie Gray then he can beat any small forward in the game if he's on..probably except Cyril.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back