La Liga

Remove this Banner Ad

Ronaldo really celebrated that goal and the 2nd and the 3rd..... :rolleyes:
Sums the guy up there, the only goal he cared about was the one he scored which occurred once the game was basically over. All about CR7. The glory exists solely for him and isn't to be shared or stolen. Can only imagine the rage he felt when Bale scored the goal that put them ahead.

I think that kind of behaviour makes a lot of non fans rate him poorly. He is the second best player in the world but the manic desire to rate as the best causes him to pursue goal stats with single minded determination bordering on compulsive obsession. He simply has to shot whenever given half a chance and he is absurdly wasteful. The sheer volume of nonscoring non penalty shots is almost unbelievable....almost 1,000 in less than 6 Liga seasons. Sheer waste.

The curious thing is that if he stopped trying to score all the time he would be a better player.

I think that kind of behaviour makes a lot of non fans rate him poorly. He is the second best player in the world but the manic desire to rate as the best causes him to pursue goal stats with single minded determination bordering on compulsive obsession. He simply has to shot whenever given half a chance and he is absurdly wasteful. The sheer volume of nonscoring non penalty shots is almost unbelievable....almost 1,000 in less than 6 Liga seasons. Sheer waste.

The curious thing is that if he stopped trying to score all the time he would be a better player.
which makes it all the more amusing when he has one of his regular tantrums when a teammate fails to pass the ball to him.
the hysteria over the bale thing a few weeks back was amusing. would the same have occurred if it were Ronaldo?

City will be all over him if he gets the flick. But who on earth would Real replace him with?
Klopp?

Perhaps it us time Fat Sam gets the gig considering he claims that he would win everything managing Real....
Zidane is expected to take over. Agree though that City will be after Carlo, which is a scary thought as he would be a great fit.

which makes it all the more amusing when he has one of his regular tantrums when a teammate fails to pass the ball to him.
the hysteria over the bale thing a few weeks back was amusing. would the same have occurred if it were Ronaldo?

This is why it is so important to look behind headline goal scoring stats when comparing attacking players. Cristiano is savvy enough to know Messi is technically more gifted so the only way he can earn parity of esteem is to produce a flood of goals equalling his more talented but less shot happy rival. hence the torrent of shots on goal producing huge goal scored stats but hiding the poorish chance conversion stats that are the price paid by the team.

Analysis of where his goals come from show him invading Benzema's turf in the CF channel and providing relatively few crosses and key passes....hence the relatively poor assist figures. His game is suffering from his scoring obsession and IMO so are RM.

he is a great player, a superb athlete inferior to Messi but measurably superior to everyone else but he could be even better if he forgot the need to be admired and played the game.

The game against Schalke ( yes I know its not Liga but it is Spanish footie ) shows the strengths and weaknesses of Ronaldo. 2 superb headed goals. Little or nothing in terms of creativity with ball at feet.

I can't see the point of Benzema if Ronaldo is to play almost totally in the centre forward channels. CR7 is a great goal scoring centre forward but a wasteful and creatively limited winger/playmaker no longer able to beat top class defenders regularly with ball at feet. They should play him at number 9.

it's only because perez stupidly came out and criticised marca, who have obviously been the madrid mouthpiece for years

picking a fight with marca will only end badly for madrid. marca's influence over their dim witted fans is amazing.

A win against little Eibar proves nothing. Neymar seems to have run out of puff a little. Suarez had an off day but is playing well and super dangerous for City. Messi is the incomparable maestro but we knew that already.

Its a cliché but 3 points in eminently winnable but potentially tricky games like this when the eye could very easily be off the ball with a big week coming up are very often vital.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9 fruitless shots on goal from CR7. Wasteful even by his uniquely exalted and self obsessed standards.

2 goals from 4 shots for Messi on Saturday. 2 from 7 for Bale. Poor old Ronnie throws the usual bucketful of mud at the wall but no goals.....he'll will be tearing his hair out.

It shows how superior RM are to Spanish minnows that they can afford to carry this level of unproductive self seeking and still win cosily.

Last edited:
Who gives a shit? He scored and they won. Nothing else really matters from that game.

Dead set, this Ronaldo hate is absurd.

They did win but I don't think he did score mate......not for want of efforts on goal it has to be said.

it is not hatred. It is pointing out how absurdly uneconomical self seeking is in a team sport.

Last edited:
They did win but I don't think he did score mate......not for want of efforts on goal it has to be said.

it is now hatred. It is pointing out how absurdly uneconomical self seeking is in a team sport.
My bad, the app I used said he'd scored. I see it was Bale x2.

Yes but it's after every single game he's playing. It's tiresome reading the same Ronaldo and Messi crap in this thread.

We all know Ronaldo will likely try 15 shots a game, 12 of which have very little chance of going in.

Yes but it's after every single game he's playing. It's tiresome reading the same Ronaldo and Messi crap in this thread.

We all know Ronaldo will likely try 15 shots a game, 12 of which have very little chance of going in.

and that is the point. 9 today. he had 13 without a goal recently V Villareal. he scored 2 great headers v Schalke....none by shots.

Fact is that by the standards of a world class player his chance conversion stats are simply shocking. Would the team be better off without such scattergun wastefulness? it is a legitimate question.

I think that if Ancelotti is going to indulge this approach - as clearly he is intent on doing - he should drop Benzema and play Ronnie as a full blown CF. This would see him closer to goal than he sometimes is now and would stop some of the wildly speculative and wasteful lashing of the ball over the bar. It would also stop the problem of CR7 invading Benzema's territory at will and thus leaving the "creative dept" a man short.

Drop Benzema, play Ronnie at 9 and see RM more efficient.

And Valencia is now in 3rd! Eight behind Barca. A good 2-0 win over Deportivo. They will play Elche, the team Sevilla also did a number on, so that should be a win they need to get. Sevilla have a huge match against Villarreal next week, which will be the biggest match next week as Sevilla could make a charge for 4th and the final CL place!

Yes, you heard me, the biggest match of next week. Like there is some huge, big, mega game next week that will be bigger. Sevilla-Villarreal is where it's at!

Haha guess which two teams are playing next weekend :)

simeone's over eager tactics could end up costing his team a guaranteed cl spot. something like 8 players suspended in the last 5 games. we all know he's crazy intense like bielsa and that his team will always go full throttle, but you cant keep going into games at this stage of the season missing important players. and stuff like the red for miranda is just so easily avoidable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back