Lachie Whitfield testing drama

Remove this Banner Ad

I come in peace.

Very hard to make sense of all this, most particularly how you can hide from drug testers when there were no drug testers after you.

Caro seems intent on mining every ounce of ore out of this story so expect a hammering in the Age, especially as Michael Gleeson has defined it in terms of gender politics, one of Caro's hobby horses.

She writes today that there is "no doubt" that Whitfield's girlfriend contacted the club initially out of concern for his welfare...can anyone tell me how she reached souch an unequivocal conclusion? Genuine question.
Caro does just make s**t up. Don't always believe what you read

No matter what did or didn't happen I fear we have seen the last of Lachie for sometime asada need a kill and he will be it. Lachie was at best foolish but the 2 people who have contributed heavily 2 this situation are Allan and Lambert both employees of the club who should have known better than this both should be rubbed out for stupidity.

This isn't the end of it also wait for the sanctions on the club I can see a trade ban conveniently applied watch this space.[/QUOT
The more I think about, the less I think that being at the Lamberts is why ASADA is still involved and bans are discussed.

If there is a possibility of testing on match day and if he wasn't actually ill, then he has evaded a testing situation with ASADA.
Don't play all is ok

Won't lose pick two, but maybe a couple of others

I think if we are sanctioned it should be in 17 as this will not be resolved this year and we have made decisions on our list which may have varied if there was a threat of club sanctions.

From the outside it looks like the club acted on the information it had.

Won't lose pick two, but maybe a couple of others
I think if we are sanctioned it should be in 17 as this will not be resolved this year and we have made decisions on our list which may have varied if there was a threat of club sanctions.

From the outside it looks like the club acted on the information it had.
i think you will find that the club had the heads up prior to trading commenced. I don't think it was a coincidence that couple of our picks were not up for trade or even traded.

I'm taking a wait, see and hope aporoach. It was never gonna be possible to have a bunch of very talented highly paid youngsters, and never have some issues.
I think the clubs done a very good job of player welfare in our brief history and with a new club, and players living interstate for the first time the risks are obvious. This is the next challenge.
Frankly I've cringed at some if the comments posted about his girlfreind and will try to block the thread out of my mind if that repeats.
Whatever happens, hopefully not much, I hope the club supoorts him and everyone can move on as quickly as possible.
What comments were they? Based on what the articles I've read have stated, Lachie's ex-girlfriend informed club officials that he'd been using recreational drugs.

I've been critical in one post that what she's done reads as being a jaded ex who has gone out of her way to cause Lachie grief and that no matter the circumstances, she'll never cover herself in glory doing that.

Now of course, there's plenty more facts that need to come to light before we can make an accurate judgement on the overall situation. However, there's enough smoke to suggest that at this stage Lachie's ex has had her hand in this situation eventuating.

It will be interesting to see what happens from here. I hope that Lachie gets the help he needs and that if he's suspended for any length of time, he comes out the other end a better individual for it.

What comments were they? Based on what the articles I've read have stated, Lachie's ex-girlfriend informed club officials that he'd been using recreational drugs.

I've been critical in one post that what she's done reads as being a jaded ex who has gone out of her way to cause Lachie grief and that no matter the circumstances, she'll never cover herself in glory doing that.

Now of course, there's plenty more facts that need to come to light before we can make an accurate judgement on the overall situation. However, there's enough smoke to suggest that at this stage Lachie's ex has had her hand in this situation eventuating.

It will be interesting to see what happens from here. I hope that Lachie gets the help he needs and that if he's suspended for any length of time, he comes out the other end a better individual for it.
It's the villification of people who buck the trend and say things people dont want to hear. There have been some outrageous things said in this thread about her as well. From people who dont know her or the situation.
It's human nature and happens in all areas, and it's offensive to me.
It's not you're posts I was referring to but if you read the thread I'm sure you'll know which

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the villification of people who buck the trend and say things people dont want to hear. There have been some outrageous things said in this thread about her as well. From people who dont know her or the situation.
It's not you're posts I was referring to but if you read the thread I'm sure you'll know which

I get what you're saying however the only comment that has come from her thus far was that he was a "f****** c***" This is the only know reaction from her. There is no point doing a 60 Minutes investigation after he gets suspended.

It would be nice to hear her side of the story so that people can make a balanced appraisal of the situation and also understand her motives...particularly to go to ASADA which I think everyone would agree was a highly unusual move from a "concerned" person.

I did happen to see her Facebook page before it was mysteriously taken down....interesting to say the least.

Anyway, I'm sure she only had great intentions.

Last edited:
We will probably only have enough picks for one of them. It's called AFL equalisation

The worst thing for us is that I feel our entire management group are like disarmed AFL puppets.

If this was not the case surely they would have cried to the media when the sudden salary cap and list spot reduction was abruptly brought in.

I think any action against the club over and above a fine would be completely inappropriate as the club informed the AFL immediately and and then acted on the advice of an independent QC.

What more can it do? If draft picks are taken then any club that has a player or official guilty of misconduct has to be stripped of draft picks. This would have to be the new benchmark.

I can understand if players and or officials are punished but if we lose draft picks they can go and get f*****, i will have to seriously reconsider signing myself and family to renew membership's in a Clayton's VFL competition.

I get what you're saying however the only comment so far that has come from her thus far was that he was a "f****** c***"

It would be nice to hear her side of the story so that people can make a balanced appraisal of the situation and also understand her motives...particularly to go to ASADA which I think everyone would agree was a highly unusual move from a "concerned" person.

I did happen to see her Facebook page before it was mysteriously taken down....interesting to say the least.

Anyway, I'm sure she only had great intentions.
Yeah
Your post is hardly balanced. These kind of reactions always happen and they're always wrong. It's prefaced on the fact it will be a popular view rather than objective reality. If you're genuinely interested in the subject google Brian Martin a professor at Woollongong Uni and read what he says about dissent and whistleblowers. We all get it subconciously I think but most still join in. That's one of the least pleasant aspects of human nature. It is always offensive to me.
The matter was investigated by a solicitor employed by the club and without those results , which we will never know, you clearly cant make an objective judgement.
If you want to react like that it's up to you but dont expect anything but contempt from me.

No worries. My post was in the Giants in the media thread, anyway. I'll check out the rest of this thread later, I haven't had time to read it all yet.

The worst thing for us is that I feel our entire management group are like disarmed AFL puppets.

If this was not the case surely they would have cried to the media when the sudden salary cap and list spot reduction was abruptly brought in.

I think any action against the club over and above a fine would be completely inappropriate as the club informed the AFL immediately and and then acted on the advice of an independent QC.

What more can it do? If draft picks are taken then any club that has a player or official guilty of misconduct has to be stripped of draft picks. This would have to be the new benchmark.

I can understand if players and or officials are punished but if we lose draft picks they can go and get f*****, i will have to seriously reconsider signing myself and family to renew membership's in a Clayton's VFL competition.

Yep this will show us what our management are and the word Puppets so far fits well. Change cap and list numbers management just suck it up lose draft picks let's see what reaction we get I say nothing just tow the party line.

Yeah
Your post is hardly balanced. These kind of reactions always happen and they're always wrong. It's prefaced on the fact it will be a popular view rather than objective reality. If you're genuinely interested in the subject google Brian Martin a professor at Woollongong Uni and read what he says about dissent and whistleblowers. We all get it subconciously I think but most still join in. That's one of the least pleasant aspects of human nature. It is always offensive to me.
The matter was investigated by a solicitor employed by the club and without those results , which we will never know, you clearly cant make an objective judgement.
If you want to react like that it's up to you but dont expect anything but contempt from me.

I get your point but just because you are a whistleblower doesn't mean you have clean hands Kathy Jackson say's hi.

Yeah

I am not for a second excusing what Lachie has done nor the officials. They have made grave errors of judgement and must and will be punished.

What I feel really uncomfortable about is the foundation because it was borne out of revenge, I have not a single doubt about that.

I can get her informing the club and trying to make contact with the GM and club officials if worried about him but nobody in their right mind would write to ASADA as a concerned citizen. No "whistleblower" does that to a loved one without realising it will cause them dire professional consequences.

People who inform should not be all bunched together and chastised however basic human intelligence tells you that other factors influenced this.

Last edited:
No worries. My post was in the Giants in the media thread, anyway. I'll check out the rest of this thread later, I haven't had time to read it all yet.
If you work in the public health system you'll experience what I meant at some point. I did for a decade. It's not health particularly but any large orgaisation holding peopes lives at stake will have the pressures. As for my previous post if your interested google Brian Martin and read his website. It's fascinating to me, maybe not to you I dont know.
Hit me on a topic I have strong views about, that's all.

If you work in the public health system you'll experience what I meant at some point. I did for a decade. It's not health particularly but any large orgaisation holding peopes lives at stake will have the pressures. As for my previous post if your interested google Brian Martin and read his website. It's fascinating to me, maybe not to you I dont know.
Hit me on a topic I have strong views about, that's all.
I do work in the public health system. I've read the thread through to its entirety and I think I have an idea of what you're referring to.

I'll check out Brian Martin a bit later. Never heard of him but I'm always open to some new reading. :)

I make no apologies, and no bones about it...

IF Whitfield gets any kind of suspension, I will sit on this bitches throat.

As I said, I make no apologies.

Hate me if you want, but that is gospel.
You can think what you like, say what you like in a private conversation. Yes, you can say the above in a public forum and get away with it. However, our board and society is much less for this disgusting comment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back