Las Vegas Shooting

I'm sure the NRA is ready to play the 'if only we didn't make it so hard for good guys to carry guns' card.
Some of those shot (but not killed) were armed off-duty policemen. I'd say it might be a bit harder than normal as a result but I'm sure it won't be, given their complete lack of respect for human life.

If they didn't change their gun laws after a pre-school was shot up and kids were killed then I suspect they never will. The debate ended for me after that.

If they didn't change their gun laws after a pre-school was shot up and kids were killed then I suspect they never will. The debate ended for me after that.
What about the significant percentage that insist that that never happened and it was just a conspiracy to get at their guns? Disgusting.

What about the significant percentage that insist that that never happened and it was just a conspiracy to get at their guns? Disgusting.

It is madness but it is completely and utterly entrenched within their society and culture.

And who harassed and sent death threats to the parents of the victims.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Not to worry Trump has tweeted his, and I quote, "warmest condolences" to the victims. All g.

Shooter was a white guy. Will be put down to mental illness, not terrorism. Probably suffering economic anxiety or something.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Shooter was a white guy. Will be put down to mental illness, not terrorism. Probably suffering economic anxiety or something.
You missed the bit that he'll also be a card carrying Democrat, because every mass shooting in the USA has been carried out by signed up Democrat (supposedly).

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah, that was bloody grim. That was when it was normalised sadly. Would take some insane event to get enough people in both houses of congress & presidency to take meaningful action now. Impossible to even get enough states to slightly amend the 2nd amendment.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Yeah, that was bloody grim. That was when it was normalised sadly. Would take some insane event to get enough people in both houses of congress & presidency to take meaningful action now. Impossible to even get enough states to slightly amend the 2nd amendment.
If 50+ killed and 400+ people injured doesn't count as an insane event, I don't know what does.

Currently listening to a news reporter and the reporter mentioned that the 400+ injured are those who were transported by ambulances and emergency services vehicles. It does not include people transported to hospitals in private vehicles.

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If 50+ killed and 400+ people injured doesn't count as an insane event, I don't know what does.

Currently listening to a news reporter and the reporter mentioned that the 400+ injured are those who were transported by ambulances and emergency services vehicles. It does not include people transported to hospitals in private vehicles.
You're right. Should be insane, but it's been so bloody normalised now :(

Just heartbreaking stuff since it's so entirely avoidable. Going to be even worse when we wake up. Good grief.

Apparently there is a bill being passed at the moment which will make it far easier for people to buy silencers.

Lmao the name of the bill - Hearing Protection Act. Can't make this stuff up.

If people in the crowd were able to carry their own rpgs this never would have happened

Yep. Surely someone would have rolled higher for initiative.

Going on the information we have now it is a little distracting this whole focus on terrorism. The focus should be on the fact that the only thing stopping someone from potentially murdering hundreds in 5 or 10 minutes is the individual. If someone wants to kill as many as they can it is open to them to do that.

If a loophole is found in any other area of society as it relates to public health, safety and wellbeing it is closed quickly. In the context of firearms they are good Ng in the opposite direction. I find it completely and utterly insane.

Back