Le Tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing yet I think - it is the TT - racing against the clock is about as exciting as watching the clock to me. I will just look up the results tomorrow :eek:

Nothing yet I think - it is the TT - racing against the clock is about as exciting as watching the clock to me. I will just look up the results tomorrow :eek:

It's a picturesque course, with a cat 3 climb, should be good when the big guns come out to play....if you have the stamina :thumbsu:

There was not one ounce of doubt in me that Contador wasn't going to win the Tour. He can't be stopped. How he has gone from a very average TTist to arguably the best in the world is beyond me, watch out Lance, this fella can win 8.

Thought it was still a dramatic night with the riders putting in some serious effort
Did you see that bloke moon the camera as Lance went past? One big brown date was as big as Texas!

All the interest now is whether Lance can stay on the podium (which would be a superb swan song). I think that Andy may however be able to help Frank get on the podium with him.

The best 3 riders have ended up 1,2,3. Unfortunately Cadel is never likely to be the leader of a real team at Le Tour again - if he is prepared to realistically lower his expectations, he may be half a chance of getting co-leader posn with a team that will give him enough support to win one of the other Grand Tours - Italia or Espana. It is hard to see this happening at Silence - they're not strong enough to have a crack at two Tours and their number one priority will be their Belgium boy at Le Tour next year.

As if it was not hard enough without smoke!
I don't know last night was not as awe inspiring as I had hoped. Awesome climb but perhaps it is just because I knew this was basically the end of Le Tour
Was fun.
Cheers to Cruiser (thanks for not getting back to my pm) and Five esp (who did)
appreciate educated views (as opposed to mine)

Anyone catch what Contador had to say about Armstrong? Their relationship is none existent and he basically nothings him.

Also Armstrong said he was test around 60 times over the course of the 2-3 weeks with regards to drugs.

I have no admiration for Lance Armstrong, says Alberto Contador

Link

Tour de France winner Alberto Contador has launched a stinging attack on teammate Lance Armstrong, saying relations between the two were tense throughout the race."My relationship with Lance is non-existent. Even if he is a great champion, I have never had admiration for him and I never will," the Spaniard told a news conference in Madrid.

The guy is a tool...

Cadel to ditch Belgians in favour of Lance Armstrong

Link

ADEL Evans will quit Silence-Lotto after being given no guarantee that he will retain the role of team leader next year. Evans, who still has a year to go on his present deal with the Belgium outfit, has been linked to Lance Armstrong's new start-up team that will be managed by Johan Bruyneel.
The Victorian, who has fallen dramatically down the leaderboard after another sorry day in the saddle on Stage 17 to Le Grand-Bornand, is expected to announce his riding future in Paris on Sunday.

Ditch those douche bags Cadel, ride on a winning team.

Why would Contador say that when he said all the right things about Armstrong being an idol when interviewed during the tour - makes him look doubly bad/two-faced if he has come out and said this now :rolleyes:

Why would Cadel want to ride as a domestique for Lance - unless he promises him leadership in the Giro in return :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would Contador say that when he said all the right things about Armstrong being an idol when interviewed during the tour - makes him look doubly bad/two-faced if he has come out and said this now :rolleyes:

Why would Cadel want to ride as a domestique for Lance - unless he promises him leadership in the Giro in return :confused:

Contador is a douche bag...

Cadel probably sees that if he is not the leader at Lotto (which he won't be, don't let this co-leader fool you, Belgium rider, Belgium sponser), he may aswell be in a team that wins races. And there may be a few occasions where he can win races because that team will be really strong. The reality is he probably won't win the tour, at least this way he could experience being on a winning team. I think it would be a great move, he has to leave Lotto no matter what.

Interesting to read stuff from 2 years ago. Anyways, stick it here or GTFO. Go Cadel, you grumpy little dynamo. :thumbsu:

I'm with you Thy, loved the way he sat on Contador and Schleck's wheel on the climb to the line last night.... and then rode away from them!!:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back