Leadership group

Remove this Banner Ad

Greg Denham was just asked on SEN who he would make captain at MFC. He said that he would make Mitch Clark captain as we had nobody else on our list who had the capabilities to do the job. Maybe Trengove but he's not ready. I nearly spat my cornflakes out.

Tony Schibeci followed this by saying "You hate Melbourne, don't you."

Greg Denham was just asked on SEN who he would make captain at MFC. He said that he would make Mitch Clark captain as we had nobody else on our list who had the capabilities to do the job. Maybe Trengove but he's not ready. I nearly spat my cornflakes out.

Tony Schibeci followed this by saying "You hate Melbourne, don't you."

**** that guy is an absolute tool. What team does he support? I need to hack hsi twitter and email accounts. BRB.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mitch Clark is in the leadership group, but not captain. I'm just happy that the FD are making the decision, and not having the players vote.

The captain needs to be an intelligent communicator on and off the field. Green's off-field interviews were so bland and scripted, "we love Dean".

I'd go with:

Frawley (C)
Grimes (VC)
Trengove (DVC)
Jamar
Moloney
Clark

Moloney or Green for me as captain.

Would also love to see Jones, Grimes, Trengove and Jamar with leadership roles. I think they all show a lot of passion and qualities that would inspire the young list.

Also, better not be some joint captaincy bull***t.

Personally would not argue if Neeld saw fit to appoint Trengove or Grimes.I just have a feeling about this bloke and the decisions that he makes.Yes they may be young but that alone is no real reason why they could not captain.At least it isn't a popularity competition voted on by the playing group anymore.

Trengove is a gun he is the future of the club and getting him captain in his early days of his career will make him an even better player. He is the man for the job.

I would be very surprised if Trengrove gets the nod though no doubt he will be the man for the job at some stage but doesnt have enough experience. Maloney would be the 'follow me boys' type captain I think we need and would be a great appointment. Unfortunately though i suspect if Neeld has made his mind up already we will end up with Green again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know who should be captain. Who knows what goes on inside the joint.

One thing I will say. If Green does get the job again you can be sure that he will have learnt a hell of a lot from 2011. Neeld won't appoint him just to piss the supporters off. He will do because he has come in as independent not knowing Arthur from Martha, looked at all the candidates, and decided he is the best man for the job at this point.

I don't know who should be captain. Who knows what goes on inside the joint.

One thing I will say. If Green does get the job again you can be sure that he will have learnt a hell of a lot from 2011. Neeld won't appoint him just to piss the supporters off. He will do because he has come in as independent not knowing Arthur from Martha, looked at all the candidates, and decided he is the best man for the job at this point.

Agree completely. Is it going to be detrimental to Greeny's football if his confidence takes a big hit by being demoted? Let's not forget that, at his best, he is still a very good player... One year doesn't make a bad player.. His year and captaincy was probably on par with Riewoldt (N) in 2011

Greeny will have learnt a lot from a year of captaincy, being captain of Australia in the (albeit shite) international rules series, being forced to show leadership this pre-season without guarantee of the top job..

I think Greeny for one more year, see if Grimesy can stay on the field all year and then give it to him if he does...

I hate the captain talk and would rather green just maintain it. I would rather our next captain be chosen on a criteria bases instead of a potential basis. Eg. Lyon, Neitz and Viney had all achieved an All Australian or won a Club B&F status before becoming Club captain. So I wouldn't be disappointed if say Frawley Captain us for the next 3 years because his an All Australian and an A grade week in week out player that most supporters note down first when writing up there starting 22. The whole Melbourne Football Club has to change its culture and I guess us supporters have to stop dreaming that players will be guns and in-turn potential captains. They need to perform and be recognised as been competitive weekly A grade performers before been honored captain of the oldest Football club on the planet.

I'm pumped for 2012 because it will determine who really are the fringe players on our list and the players that will push us to challenge for a premiership in the next 3-4 years. (2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back