Lego Masters

Remove this Banner Ad

We completely skipped the 2023 season, but it's back tonight for 2024 and this time it's Australia versus the Rest of the World (well, the Americans, the Germans, the Danes and the French). Have to say, on first impression, the four Australian teams look pretty weak when put up against the overseas builders.

We completely skipped the 2023 season, but it's back tonight for 2024 and this time it's Australia versus the Rest of the World (well, the Americans, the Germans, the Danes and the French). Have to say, on first impression, the four Australian teams look pretty weak when put up against the overseas builders.
The Germans and the Danes were clearly the best 2 builds last night, the Aussie teams were underwhelming last night

The Germans and the Danes were clearly the best 2 builds last night, the Aussie teams were underwhelming last night

Doesn't help matters that the Aussies are all noobs at building in Lego Masters and the four overseas teams have all participated (won? I don't recall) their local version of Lego Masters. If Nine wanted to go down this path, they probably should have saved the concept for an All-Stars version of the best of Australia versus the best of the rest of the world.

Doesn't help matters that the Aussies are all noobs at building in Lego Masters and the four overseas teams have all participated (won? I don't recall) their local version of Lego Masters. If Nine wanted to go down this path, they probably should have saved the concept for an All-Stars version of the best of Australia versus the best of the rest of the world.
Wait what - thats not what they're doing?

Missed last night but just assumed the Aussie teams would have been winners of past series. Are they all new teams doing it for the first time??

OK, I am just going to say it. All of the teams basically had a monster/animals/dragon type thing to 'break through the ice'. How boring......

But yes, agree with the others. The Australian teams are not very good

The German and Danish teams combining tonight and winning again with the go karts, they definitely look like the two best teams in it.

I also thought the Australian teams would be better considering that most people watching the show would be barracking for them to win.

At least Hamish is still providing some good laughs though like when he tried to show the international teams what a sausage sizzle was.

Wait what - thats not what they're doing?

Missed last night but just assumed the Aussie teams would have been winners of past series. Are they all new teams doing it for the first time??
All the Aussies are first timers, they are actually at a big disadvantage given all the international teams have been on their own shows before.. I would have thought that could easily got 4 teams that had been on it before, even if they were patched together of just former contests who weren't necessarily a team when they were on

The Germans are a level above every one else, it's them or the Danish who win you think

No surprise with the first elimination and the INTL teams at the top. If the German team don't win the trophy at the end I will be surprised

The German team and the US team each won their local version of Lego Masters.

Makes no sense that Nine would put four first-time Australian teams up against previous winners and previous contestants.

Got home after the show started last night, so I missed the set-up, but the Australian teams generally struggled putting together a cohesive build given the subject matter, while the overseas teams executed pretty well (even the French team, who didn't get their story settled until after half-way through the time allowed).

It's going to be a pretty boring season if Brickman eliminates the Australian teams one by one, but short of the international teams dropping the ball in a particular build and/or Brickman giving help to the Aussie teams behind the scenes, it's hard to see any other outcome at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back