• 2016-05-09 18.07.06.jpg
    2016-05-09 18.07.06.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 4
No. 3

Attachments

• 2016-05-09 18.06.47.jpg
    2016-05-09 18.06.47.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 5

Well, it happened again, Leicester pulled off the Great Escape yet again! In the U21s.

A Muskwe brace and Ndukwu goal saw our U21s maintain their position in the U21 First Division, relegating Boro and Norwich.

Also, the team we scored those three goals against? Chelsea! Hopefully that is an omen for this Sunday.

As noted, the big goal currently is to ensure we win against Chelsea and help Vardy and Kasper to the Golden Boot and Glove. That would be the cherry to top off an excellent season, and to give Ranieri the last laugh against Roman.

Speaking of, contract negotiations are ongoing to extend Ranieri's contract with us. Personally, that's very disappointing from my point of view. He's a nice guy and all that, but I'm afraid it's Burton and Rotterham for us next season (I jest. Ranieri extending is awesome. But it would be even funnier if both teams got promoted).

Kante has hinted that he will be staying with us, so that's a real positive. Get French Football are trying their darnedest to think otherwise (Come on, to Arsenal...? Just... why. After this season, I will be seriously disappointed if anyone chooses Arsenal or Liverpool over us if the reason is something other than money.)

Kante has been picked for the French Squad as well. If he plays, France are a serious chance to win this.

Oh, and Simpson's appeal has failed. He was hoping to pay a large fine since his community service has been disrupted, but just like a certain other player, he will be wearing a tag. Strong possibility we might be seeing someone different in the RB position (Amartey), even for at least 45 mins. Because of the tag, Simpson will not be travelling to Thailand, or would be able to stay for the duration of the title celebration. Sucky timing for him, but its a fair result, I'd say.

Re Danny Simpson. There has been a new development in the courts. He can now travel with the team but has to continue his community hours.

As much as I value and look up to him as a player. I think as a person he is a dick for what he did. And got off lucky with just community hours which his legal team is still complaining about.

So finally comes to the end of what is the best ever season that the club has ever seen in its 132 year history. We’ve accomplished the ‘impossible’ and have given hope to all the underdogs out there that yes, it can be done! The best part is that we haven’t just nicked it, we finished it off like we did in League One and the Championship! To think all it took was a positive mentality to go into every game going for the win, developing a natural game style that suited the strength of our players while putting a great emphasis on the crest, and maintaining a discipline and focus to ensure the job is seen all the way through.

Now that we have accomplished the impossible, the big question will of course be ‘How do we maintain as much of the success that we accomplished and put up a better defence than Chelsea?’ (The gap between the current champs and previous champs this season is a record at 31 points. Let’s try to not be the new record holder, alright?)

Not only do we have history strongly against us (both on a club and league level), but we already know about the told millions and what new managers that will be coming in. Every team will be taking full advantage to further their agendas, and well, you know the saying in this business, ‘if you’re standing still, you’re going backwards.’

Obviously our biggest worry is Kante. Mahrez I feel we’ll have covered up until at least January. I know I have made some comments about Leicester players leaving to Arsenal, but as noted, Arsenal are an established quality, and would of course be seen as far, far, safer options. That of course leads to another problem, we’re just a novelty to Europe. Even with CL, we’re still going to find it difficult to compete with the bigger clubs (local and continental) even if we do have the money. The difference is at least now we’re as attractive as Southampton/West Ham/Everton and perhaps Stoke, but at the same time, we need to aim to be more than that if we want to truly cross the gap.

The season has just ended, and we’ll be going in as the hunted now. Everyone wants to take us down a peg, and perhaps start their own improbable chase for the title.

What are all your post season ponderings as we look to the future? Or should we perhaps wait until after the Euros?

I have nothing but respect for your fantastic club.

This is what a team sport should be about. It's not just about money. It's about how a team of players working towards a common goal band together, no matter the odds.

The Leicester City Football Club team of 2015/16 showed exactly what sport should be about. In the global sports landscape of big money offers, incomprehensible salaries and a severe lack of loyalty indicative of an individualistic diva mentality permeated throughout the collective psyche of professional sportspeople, the Leicester City story is one of resilience, of courage, of loyalty, and of an unwavering will to defy the odds and become champions.

Bloody fantastic. :thumbsu:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the most legendary thing you'll ever see!

Ci1SRvVWYAA5T5h.jpg

You don't get more legendary that that.

I guess it also highlights the comparitive sizes of the League One trophy to the PL one. To think that little trophy represents our lowest ever position, yet the dawn of a new beginning.

And its official, Kramaric is out for good. Hoffenhiem have secured him permanently (3m I hear). I think we only ended up paying 6m due to clauses failing to be met.

It's so weird that he would've had more game time at Chelsea, and that he would get a proper chance to be the hero that saved the club from relegation at Hoffenhiem. I guess playing alone up front was never going to boost his confidence, but once Vardy came on, there went his chance at being the number 9, and then Okazaki and Ulloa overtaking him in the cue. The killer blow was when Joe Dodoo (oh, he's about to choose Ghana by the sounds of it, so that would be three of them representing Ghana once everything's cleared up) came on instead of him. By the Hull game, you felt that was the last we'd see of him in our colours.

On the flip side, it sounds like we close to getting Luis Hernandez, a player that was selected in the Spanish Fantasy XI, and has some very comparable stats to Morgan and Huth. It is possible that he might be more ball playing as we start to strengthen our defence.

Musa also sounds close, and as Captain of Nigeria, that means more leadership at the club. That said, at 23m, this is beyond anything we have ever done. It should be noted that if he's the successor to Jamie Vardy, then that is a price that is worth paying, and it would also indicate to the rest of Europe that we intend to not only hold our position, but to build upon it.

I guess we might be in for a busy weekend in LE2 just as much as in London and Milan. (Oh, and Sunderland too as Drinky tries to secure his place.)

Very much loved that photo of Kingy.

What a shame for Drinkwater. I think he was very unlucky to be left out. Didn't watch the game but heard Rooney was woeful.

So Jatz where is this tattoo of yours?

Very much loved that photo of Kingy.

What a shame for Drinkwater. I think he was very unlucky to be left out. Didn't watch the game but heard Rooney was woeful.

So Jatz where is this tattoo of yours?
Well I've just had to spend about $5k getting my car fixed/registered so not for a couple of months yet! Hopefully soon though.

I see Arsenal have hit the release clause for Vardy. Wouldn't be surprised if he left tbh. Wouldn't hold it against him either.

Well I've just had to spend about $5k getting my car fixed/registered so not for a couple of months yet! Hopefully soon though.

I see Arsenal have hit the release clause for Vardy. Wouldn't be surprised if he left tbh. Wouldn't hold it against him either.

id prefer it if he stayed. feel for "smaller" clubs getting raypt but the big ones. but yeah that's euro football for you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Figured this was the best place to put this, because what I just saw was a team that is pretty much the complete opposite of what I've seen all season.

Seriously, we have 4 players, (maybe 5 if you count Grey) that represent different values of Leicester, and I saw none of that in that England team. No pace, no width, no time management, and no keeping it tight.

I know I shouldn't (For a multitude of reasons), but it's amazing how a nation can't embrace its Champion team nor the players to get something out of this major tournament. Could you imagine a nation with a top 4 league deciding to not have a single player in its starting XI from its Champion team, yet build it mostly around a team that choked to 3rd (and still burnt out by the looks of it) along with players from the other big clubs that are living on past reputations.

You look at France embracing Kante and Payet, and then you see England struggle to do the same with Vardy and Drinkwater. No wonder people don't have much faith in England. Forget the name and past deeds, do it on the now.

I can only hope Vardy is on against Wales and gets crack-a-laking. Regardless of his club situation (and I'm thinking positive on this one. I also think that Vardy's the key for our future. If he says no, the whole team says no.) He will be considered a Leicester player for Euro 16.

Glad to see the big man stay on for one last hooroo as we enter the CL.

Since Huth will be suspended, someone needs to step up, and I for one am glad it is Wasyl. Got to love his passion and commitment! Such a shame he was the one to miss out once we went down to 2 CBs.

Vardy on the bench again. Kids everywhere in the UK are in love with him.

It's pretty cool walking down the streets over here and seeing lots of kids wear the leicester gear.

I'm a bit conflicted. Born in aus, I feel drawn to cheer for the team playing against england. And I like Wales. Hopefully Kingy makes it off the bench too.

Kingy is starting for Wales!!! So excited for him. Go Wales!!!!!

Hmm, now with Musa being our 4th major signing (Don't count Oche as a major one, I think he's more U21), we have basically got ourselves a new spine. But the question is, what next?

At the moment, it seems like we're in talks with Gremio Luan. It's likely that a deal will be brokered before the Olympics, but should he come, I don't think we'll see him until September.

I guess Luan will be the one we'll be keeping track of, and hoping it looks like it is but days before this one is confirmed.

I think we have pretty much ticked off all the major boxes (Backup GK, RB, CM, Pacey Winger Striker), it seems like we could fight to keep Kante here and that's it (Please get it done early and do not let this stretch out over the rest of the window.)

Hernandez was. He's a CB that has played RB to good success. I get the feeling we'll be playing him along with Morgan and Huth. You know how it is with Claudio. Better Hernandez than Amartey (I think he will get a bigger role now that he's getting a preseason under his belt.)

Hmm, with Real pulling out of the Pogba race, it seems like there might be a bidding war between Juve and Real for Kante should the Pogba deal goes ahead (hopefully Juve says no.) Apparently Pepe got into Kante's ear during the medal ceremony, I wonder what's going on there?

Disappointed that Kante didn't even play in the final, but maybe that just might have helped us in keeping him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back