Lets Talk Phillies

Remove this Banner Ad

Halladay with a three run homer hit off him in the second 3-0 Mets so far. Halladay and Hamels have been insipid this year thus far and if it continues it could very well be a 100 loss season.

Phillies top up in the off season was always a concern for me, this could be a very long year for them and also could be a few years before we mention their name in October.

Got a couple of guys in the farm system, but Phils need to make some very serious changes.

Phillies top up in the off season was always a concern for me, this could be a very long year for them and also could be a few years before we mention their name in October.

Started last year really with the offloading of Pence and The Flyin' Hawaiian. Really thought Could have done something, and still do but the starters need to get their act together.

People said they need to get young players over the winter, sadly they took that literally and went after Dalmon and Michael Young

Delmon is only 27, but I have serious doubts about him as a fulll time outfielder.

Think Michael Young is simply keeping third base warm for Cody Asche, who is 22 and played well at AA Reading last year and is at AAA Lehigh Valley this year.

Ben Revere has been a nice pick up so far, and he is young.

We also have Tommy Joseph, a very young catcher at AAA- got him from the Giants in the Pence deal.

We do need to cut payroll- Utley and doc can be set free at the end of the season, which will help, but we don't have a second baseman ready- may end up with Galvis there.

And Howard looking like a black hole at first base,

Yeah, Howard still provides something but not the same man he was and just getting paid massive overs. Is this the last year of Ruiz's contract? he might want a bit of a pay bump (from the Phils or elsewhere) if he can put up last years numbers.

Hopefully its just a rebuilding and not going back to sucking full time :p

P.S. Based on the last few posts its time for that lets talk Phillies thread ;) didn't mean to clog up the thread only talking about my team.

Yeah, Howard still provides something but not the same man he was and just getting paid massive overs. Is this the last year of Ruiz's contract? he might want a bit of a pay bump (from the Phils or elsewhere) if he can put up last years numbers.

Hopefully its just a rebuilding and not going back to sucking full time :p

P.S. Based on the last few posts its time for that lets talk Phillies thread ;) didn't mean to clog up the thread only talking about my team.

And Done:D

I will try give a little assessment most days, or at least weekly if I am spamming too much :p

Offence really produced tonight, seem to be making up for offering Lee no support last year. Lee also went very very deep into the game (8.2 innings) so takes the bullpen out of the equation. There was also a brutal 3rd inning where Gee (Mets pitcher) left the ballpark 3 times in 4 batters, adding to the 4 run 2nd inning.

Good night for Phillies fans with the team improving to 3-5 but still on shaky ground.

Improved record to 4-5 today winning consecutive games for the first time this year, still 4 games off the red hot Braves though.

First inning set up the win with a couple of big blasts. KK pitched well, went for 8 hits but was able to get out of giving up that big inning. The bullpen then stood up and combined for 3.0 innings for 1 run. Revere didn't get a hit today but made a pivotal play that turned a sac-fly into a double play, keeping the lead at three runs.

Well just when they give me hope this happens. Now 6-9 for the year after getting dismanlted by the Reds

Marlins series was 2-1 which is average but exposed massive questions about the offence, then getting swept by the Reds while putting up only 4 runs for the series isn't good enough.

Good signs: Great to see Doc chalk up win number 200 and Hamels looked better this outing and every game gone is another game closer to getting Chooch back.

Bad signs: Brilliantly inconsistent. BP still no faith from me and getting runners in from scoring position and offence in general general (10 runs in the last six games)

Jeebs this team is horrendous with RISP. 1-10 with with RISP tonight.

If you cant drive home a run with bases loaded and 0 out its gonna be a long year (not counting the HBP)

EDIT: 25/4 Phillies still hopeless with RISP. 1st and 3rd with 0 outs and then J-Roll makes a baserunning error for a 5-4-2 double play. 3-1 lead dissolved and looking like more runs for the Pirates.

Halladay reveals Shoulder discomfort, after watching him against the Indians last week it is going to be a massive test to see if he can get back to anywhere near his best, things have certainly caught up this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back