Toast Levi Casboult

Remove this Banner Ad

Will get a nice contract, not sure it will be with us though.

He’s as confident as he’ll ever get at the moment, been a great servant yet overly criticised by many a Carlton supporter.

If I was the Western Bulldogs I’d be throwing some very nice terms at Levi, and if it meant we got an early second rounder as our compo I reckon we’d let him move on rather than try and match it.

We need picks to wheel and deal, only thing stopping that imo is what we will try and get through FA which would dilute that compo

At the beginning of the year Levi (imho) would've been at the rear of the pecking order of our afl rated bigs. Going to make for a very interesting selection committee when Harry, Charlie, Liam, Levi and the rest of the bigs are all available for selection. Never thought I’d say it but with coaches wanting players who are versatile...Levi is going to make it hard to be left out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicking yesterday like an old professional. Looked sheepish after one of the goals.

:thumbsu::thumbsu: double cobra Levi

Easily the most sheepish 10-year key position player in the AFL. I remember a media interview with him, quite a while ago, where they brought up his goalkicking numbers the season before we rookied him, 41 goals 14!

"You were a real sharpshooter back then, what went wrong?" And he looked at the ground and mumbled something like "Played deep forward... had about 60 shots from the top of the square...", and then him and his interviewer both bursting out laughing :) .

I love the way he is playing, the way he has pressed on even when everyone thought he was hopeless and finished. Deserves a podium finish in the B&F, and I hope it happens for him.

I think he also showcases the value of professionalism and preparation. He gets fit and he stays fit; he's always ready to play, in whatever role we need. Talls can be injury-prone, and not just the young ones... his durability is a real asset to us, and if we let him go, I reckon we'll regret it, especially if we do it deliberately in pursuit of trade currency. Has at least a couple of AFL-quality years left in him, and they should be with us, especially if we cut both Lobbe and Phillips.

People don’t understand the work some put in to get better and better. One of those is this big fella and I have a soft spot for this guy, especially how much he has endured in such a bad era. I would like nothing better then seeing Smurph, Simmo, Krooz, Cass, Ed and others receive some success before retiring. These guys love the club and have shown it continuously, some of us need to show that back!

I remember watching him in the mud in the VFL one day in his first season.
Right then I knew this fella had something special. Such a shame it had to be in a crappy team for so long.
Yeah I admit I Love Levi. I feel like he caried all the weight of the club on his shoulders all this time and never once complained.

For all the past onfield frustrations, I've always loved the big lug.

Could never fault his effort and endeavor, and he seems to be a great dude in general. Fantastic to see his hard work paying off.

If you're not proud of this guy you arent a Carlton supporter. What a year he's having. Certainly proved a few wrong, me included.
same

I remember watching him in the mud in the VFL one day in his first season.
Right then I knew this fella had something special. Such a shame it had to be in a crappy team for so long.
Yeah I admit I Love Levi. I feel like he caried all the weight of the club on his shoulders all this time and never once complained.
great point, b & b - never seen him crack the sads, drop his bundle, blame anyone else, ask to leave, sulk or kick a tin down the road - and under more pressure every time he lines up for goal than the bass straight gas-line..............he has failed and failed and failed again - now look at him - so much respect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back