News Lewis Young requests trade to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're paying way to much there.

Should be a later pick.

If we've got a 2nd or 3rd round pick we should be drafting with it.

Pick 40 isn't extremely valuable. Taking it to the draft is fine, trading for a 22 year old key defender projected to play AFL football is also fine.

What I really want from the dogs is their first-round pick. The dogs want more points to match a bid for Darcy, so here's an opportunity to swap 25, plus whatever we get from west coast for pick 17 and Young. While 17 isn't a huge upgrade on 25, it's a first-rounder, so that lets us get more creative with our first-round pick next year.
25 for Young and their future 2nd.
Keeps 25 out of Freo's reach too

Last edited:
Pick 40 isn't extremely valuable. Taking it to the draft is fine, trading for a 22 year old key defender projected to play AFL football is also fine.

I think his value should be based around that the Doggies are one of the thinnest at tall KPD but he still wasn't getting a look in there.

Unlike Cerra and Hewett who are walk up starting 22 players Young will have a big fight on his hands to break into our team.

I just don't think it's wise using a 2nd or 3rd rounder on more speculative trade.

Those picks are in the range where to we could draft a talented young KPD to develop.

What I really want from the dogs is their first-round pick. The dogs want more points to match a bid for Darcy, so here's an opportunity to swap 25, plus whatever we get from west coast for pick 17 and Young. While 17 isn't a huge upgrade on 25, it's a first-rounder, so that lets us get more creative with our first-round pick next year.

I like this line a lot.

Get 35 and 52 for SPS and 64.
Send 6 and 52 to Freo for Cerra.
Send 25 and 35 to WB for 17 and Young

Take 17 to the draft for Wanganeen-Milera (wing with x-factor), Sinn (pacy half back to develop behind Saad), or get lucky with a forward like Rachele sliding.

Seems very athletically gifted. Bit to work with. Widely reported Dogs offered him a 2 year contract, so not exactly unwanted.

Very logical and needed pick-up considering our pretty glaring lack of coverage in replacing Jones or Weitering.

Pretty happy with this one, but hard to judge his value pick-wise.

Cordy and Keath are both experienced, and athletic key defenders. They fit the Dog’s system well with their neat disposal and run. Dale and Wood can both play tall and (in the case of Wood) are almost elite medium defenders.

No surprises he’s not getting a game in the 2nd best team in the competition (in fact he was, just not for the highest pressure game of the year, which is fine for an inexperienced key defender).

With all due respect why would Doggies swap 17 for 25 and 35...and a player. Am I missing something ??
They'll certainly be up for trading pick #17 for points. 25 and 35 will be +200 pts for them, prob will get better offers than that. And that's without Young. Reckon if we could get another 2-300 pts into the deal they'd be interested.

In keeping with our long, rich tradition of playing players out of their position, Lewis Young is going to make a fine inside midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading a few Doggies fans views on him I don't think he'll be that guy.

Few of them seem to see him as being a bit soft, potential to shirk a contest.

Things that aren't in Liam Jones game. The complete opposite.

Maybe more the Marchbank intercept defender role.
Not how I remember him from juniors
Tough and skilful kid.
Good luck and all the best Lewis.

It was on the trading board.

What's contrarian about another teams player and their fans view of that player?

Is it contrarian because it's not the view you want to hear where they are blowing smoke up his arse and saying he's amazing?

I mean there's literally nothing
contrarian about the views of opposition fans about someone at their club.

Funny you bring up Jones as you'd have been having a moan at the time that dogs fans were saying he's no good as a forward.

Turns out they were right.
Contrarian means that your default position is negative towards the club.

There are others that I would describe as contrarian (although they would probably argue the point) like Michael Jezz and Frumpy however they both seem to, at the very minimum, base their opinions on their knowledge of players, club etc. Sadly more often than not they have been proven correct.

You seem to be basing your contrarian opinions on what people are saying on Big Footy. Thats not an opinion, its just regurgitating other peoples.

I like this line a lot.

Get 35 and 52 for SPS and 64.
Send 6 and 52 to Freo for Cerra.
Send 25 and 35 to WB for 17 and Young

Take 17 to the draft for Wanganeen-Milera (wing with x-factor), Sinn (pacy half back to develop behind Saad), or get lucky with a forward like Rachele sliding.
Don't we need to use 3 draft picks? We can "use" 1 by upgrading a rookie but we will need at least 2 picks I think.

Really like this trade. Jones is getting to that age where there can be niggling injuries, plus if Pitto and TDK are unavailable for whatever reason, good backup. Noice...
Agree Jones has 2 quality seasons in him and then it’s revaluation time for his position, meanwhile we groom & mentor Young to be a very serviceable player, so without gaping list deficiencies. Methodical , diligent List management for a change it’s refreshing, we’ll done Mr Austin.

They'll certainly be up for trading pick #17 for points. 25 and 35 will be +200 pts for them, prob will get better offers than that. And that's without Young. Reckon if we could get another 2-300 pts into the deal they'd be interested.
We should be aiming for the west coast pick 29, rather than 35 (It's actually 36). The dogs will also pick up points from the Lipinski trade, so they shouldn't have too much trouble matching a bid after pick 3.

I think his value should be based around that the Doggies are one of the thinnest at tall KPD but he still wasn't getting a look in there.

Unlike Cerra and Hewett who are walk up starting 22 players Young will have a big fight on his hands to break into our team.

I just don't think it's wise using a 2nd or 3rd rounder on more speculative trade.

Those picks are in the range where to we could draft a talented young KPD to develop.
I think its a bit of a myth that they're thin at key positions. Maybe ruck but they've got plenty on the list. They don't play that short anymore either. Feels like a hangover comment from a few seasons ago when they were ridiculously small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back