Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

If Belly isn't getting paid-he would be the only senior coach for miles not getting anything. Highly unlikely.

They are talking about Aiden Tex,anyway like me most people on this site are sick to death of hearing who is getting paid and who is'nt so what if the Eagles got off their bums and went out and recruited and are paying some players that's better than sitting around and hoping that the players will come to them like some clubs do?It sounds like a bit of jealousy to me.So give it a break for christ sake.
P.S. A couple of you blokes on this site should ask your fathers if they ever played for nothing?:confused:You would be suprised?

They are talking about Aiden Tex,anyway like me most people on this site are sick to death of hearing who is getting paid and who is'nt so what if the Eagles got off their bums and went out and recruited and are paying some players that's better than sitting around and hoping that the players will come to them like some clubs do?It sounds like a bit of jealousy to me.So give it a break for christ sake.
P.S. A couple of you blokes on this site should ask your fathers if they ever played for nothing?:confused:You would be suprised?
Couldn't agree more. On here, the WFL and Mininera sites are all about who Eagles are paying, and its boring reading. Apologies-thought Dennis was who they were talkin bout, which is why I bothered replying. I can be quite sure my old man never played for coin-after he told the senior coach to blow it out his arse that wasn't likely to happen.

thats right roo but will soon see throughout the season if these players are any good. b wilson played one good game last year for tatty, his ******* brother an his boy friend mitch welsh couldnt get a kick out of a gram of speed. as for aiden (ding dong) bell his scared of his own shadow. i would hope the wings have alot of space in the league cos his never had a hard ball get in his life. he needs to get out of the shadow of his fathers nose, it doesnt look good for a player on a 100 a game. an bj well he is a good player an reckon he will do good , all this money talk will soon sort it self out when the season starts.

ps i hope the eagles get a good crop this year to pay all their players
big coments from a person hiding behind a computer.

Couldn't agree more. On here, the WFL and Mininera sites are all about who Eagles are paying, and its boring reading. Apologies-thought Dennis was who they were talkin bout, which is why I bothered replying. I can be quite sure my old man never played for coin-after he told the senior coach to blow it out his arse that wasn't likely to happen.

To be perfectly honest, the Eagles will probably have to pay a heap to get a good team.

Long drives to games, terrible track record and better clubs with better geographic leagues to play in the district. Pitch that to a potential recruit without offering some money.

I'm sure most of the other readers care as little as I do about Ararat's payments but I can understand if they do spend a lot to get their team on the park. Any chance we can put this topic to sleep? .

To be perfectly honest, the Eagles will probably have to pay a heap to get a good team.

Long drives to games, terrible track record and better clubs with better geographic leagues to play in the district. Pitch that to a potential recruit without offering some money.

I'm sure most of the other readers care as little as I do about Ararat's payments but I can understand if they do spend a lot to get their team on the park. Any chance we can put this topic to sleep? .

Lets hope so O.S.B.:thumbsu:

Here is some info that I have heard which needs to be confirmed

Rokewood - Blackford was training with East Point pre-season and was intending to move. Still understanding that Augustine is retiring. Also they are loosing some others but keen for someone else to confirm

Carn/Linton - Understand that they have poached Nathan Wymes from Illabarook but other news

Thats all I can confirm at this stage

Can confirm the following transfers that are in place:

Blackford to East Point (Big loss)
Illabarook have picked up Shannon Berriman from Buninyong (very good player)
Leigh Jones from Buninyong to Illabarook (another good pick up)
Wymes has been cleared to Carngham (very good player)
Mal Niblett from Sebas to Carngham (very good player)
Josh Wheeler to Illabarook
Brett Mcmaster is going back to melb (big loss for Natte)

These are some of the names that I can comment on - the list is now on the league site which is s**t house, but any feedback on other names would be welcome for all those on the forum

Seems Cargham, Illabarook and Lexton have the most transfers in play

Niblett to Carngham is a big pickup. He has been playing with North 2s for the last couple of years, handy player.

Blackford is a massive loss for chokewood

On paper, CL have done well with recuitment. Have heard further that Nibett will still play with North and only play with CL in the breaks. This makes this pick up a little less valuable. Also, not sure of the truth, but they are losing Robbie Greenbank who I would rate as their best player.

Will await further analysis on the people who know more players that have transfered, especially the new lexton players.

On paper, CL have done well with recuitment. Have heard further that Nibett will still play with North and only play with CL in the breaks. This makes this pick up a little less valuable. Also, not sure of the truth, but they are losing Robbie Greenbank who I would rate as their best player.

Will await further analysis on the people who know more players that have transfered, especially the new lexton players.
Yes you are right there LP10, he needs 3 games to qualify and the 3 games he is defintly available is Skipton, Rokewood and Illabrook wich is very handy, ray Field is a great pick up for the saints aswell as weymess from bungaree, i believe going by my sources C/L still have a couple of big name players to surprise everyone with, watch this space:thumbsu: Can confirm Greenbank is not leaving C/L if he don't play it will be know where at all:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes you are right there LP10, he needs 3 games to qualify and the 3 games he is defintly available is Skipton, Rokewood and Illabrook wich is very handy, ray Field is a great pick up for the saints aswell as weymess from bungaree, i believe going by my sources C/L still have a couple of big name players to surprise everyone with, watch this space:thumbsu: Can confirm Greenbank is not leaving C/L if he don't play it will be know where at all:)

Yeah i agree mate Greenbank would be there best player but they do have alot of great players in that team as well. Is hard to see anyone getting past them in premiership terms

I noticed in the clearance report that Chris Jardine is leaving Natte. That would mean their two best players of 2008 are leaving the club. Unless Natte picks up a few new players, they could be in for a long season.

This is also big loss for the league as Jardine is a very good footballer and one of the best in the league. Also combine this with Blackford going to East, and I believe 2 of the top 5 players of 2008 have now departed.

On closer review of the clearances too date:

CL - 10 players
Lexton: 6 players
Illabarook - 4 players
Rokewood - 3 players
Ararat - 2 players
Natte - 0
Navarre - 0
Skipton - 0

This is also big loss for the league as Jardine is a very good footballer and one of the best in the league. Also combine this with Blackford going to East, and I believe 2 of the top 5 players of 2008 have now departed.

Mullane-Grant would no doubt be in the top 10 at the very least. I would hazzard a guess and say he would step in the top 5 on reputation but I'm only going on what I've heard.

Is sportsbet doing LPFL footy again this year. I'll be going big on CL if they are.

Here is some info that I have heard which needs to be confirmed

Rokewood - Blackford was training with East Point pre-season and was intending to move. Still understanding that Augustine is retiring. Also they are loosing some others but keen for someone else to confirm

Carn/Linton - Understand that they have poached Nathan Wymes from Illabarook but other news

Thats all I can confirm at this stage

Blackford training with East/Point yes... he has apparently signed with them also.. Guttereidge is the rumour to be returning to Rokewood with someone from Melbourne. Illabrook look like the big movers with Desnoy coming on board i believe. Augistine hasnt been sited at training at Chokewood.

Blackford training with East/Point yes... he has apparently signed with them also.. Guttereidge is the rumour to be returning to Rokewood with someone from Melbourne. Illabrook look like the big movers with Desnoy coming on board i believe. Augistine hasnt been sited at training at Chokewood.
yes i saw on the clearence report Blackford has been cleared to East point ( big lose), i thought augistine was going over seas, prob why you haven't seen him, also heard a couple of other good players leaving aswell, CHOKEWOOD may have spent all there money the last 3 years and have gained no silver wear from it:eek:

yes i saw on the clearence report Blackford has been cleared to East point ( big lose), i thought augistine was going over seas, prob why you haven't seen him, also heard a couple of other good players leaving aswell, CHOKEWOOD may have spent all there money the last 3 years and have gained no silver wear from it:eek:

Augustine has been training with East Point I heard. I think Blackford, McNamee and Fullford are much bigger losses to last year's team than Augustine. I won't go writing them off yet. Still top 3 in my opinion.

Augustine has been training with East Point I heard. I think Blackford, McNamee and Fullford are much bigger losses to last year's team than Augustine. I won't go writing them off yet. Still top 3 in my opinion.

Blackford major loss for Chokewood.. and league in general. I think he proved himself in that league as with Augistine over the last few years. You cant replace quality footballers. Who is Fulford? Not quite sure if he can be a big loss. Mullane-grant will be ample replacemint up forward for Macnamee apparintly.

Go cats!

Blackford major loss for Chokewood.. and league in general. I think he proved himself in that league as with Augistine over the last few years. You cant replace quality footballers. Who is Fulford? Not quite sure if he can be a big loss. Mullane-grant will be ample replacemint up forward for Macnamee apparintly.

Go cats!

Fulford was in my opinion Rokewood's best midfielder and second best in the league. I rate Blackford very highly but I felt Fulford was a better contributor in the games I saw them play which included finals.

He was a blond haired guy who would not get the credit for his hard work as it was at the bottom of packs. He went down early against Skipton at Ararat with a knee.

I would say that Mullane-Grant is a replacement for Augustine who was a stay at home forward. McNamee was often on ball. As you said though, it is difficult to replace quality and Rokewood has a challenge on their hands. They always recruit well though.

Can anyone report on numbers at training for any club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back