Life

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s the cliched ‘work to live’, not ‘live to work’. I’m high enough in my company to be comfortable but have no desire whatsoever to be the boss, spending day and night worrying about work. Come 5pm, I’m off clock with the kids and work can piss off.

It's a bit circular. Unless you come from money you need to make it in order to have it in order to not worry about it. So you study and train to develop skills, work to get experience and seniority etc. to make money in the hope that eventually you can ease off and spend more time not using those skills and experience. Time = money = time is how I look at things. Whatever you do for work you are effictively buying time to do things outside of it.

I've worked with people roughly 20 years older than me (give or take) who worked their arses off in their 20s when they were young and could've been travelling and drinking each weekend, then in their 30s when they had young families, then in their 40s, and now in their 50s and some probably into their 60s. They are all now very wealthy but IMO have never had a good work life balance and have spent so long working to work that they don't know any other way. Great that you can have a nice house in the GT and your kids can go to Scotch and you can afford an international skiing holiday each year but what about the other 50 weeks? I get it if you are battling to keep a roof over your head or working some overtime shifts might mean you can afford a holiday at Christmas etc. but when you could retire at 40 and live off investments why do it to yourself? Doesn't compute with me. I don't have kids but if I did I wouldn't want to be one of those people who leaves before they go to school then gets home at 7/8 at night.

No one has died of COVID-19 there, Luka said so. Everyone who died who had COVID-19 died of something else, Luka said so.

Mandatory 14 day isolation there too, and jail a potential penalty for breaching it. I'm sure Belarusian jail is a picnic compared an Australian CBD hotel.

Still trying to climb the career ladder at the moment. Sometimes I see my bosses sending emails all hours of the night, and on weekends, and I think to myself, "is this really what I'm working towards?" More work?
Exactly. If you're already making decent money and living confortably then I dont see the point in hammering yourself.

But hey everyones different

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

These two things are not mutually exclusive. Why should they be?

And until recently I still had hope for Australia.

There was always a small but significant percentage of people who hadn't capitulated to the hivemind.

From what I can gather, the last few months has swallowed the remnant whole. You are a case in point, to be honest.

Australia started as a penal colony so I should not be surprised that it has returned to one.

And I should not be surprised that even the 'men' of the nation support their new status as convicts.

Can't live their lives, can't leave the country, but oh, my daddy government loves me.

Pathetic.

free thinking= stripping away all context behind travel restrictions and calling AUstralia a prison colony as you shag an underage 3rd world prozzy ?

It was only late last year I was wondering if I could coerce big biznuz to pay me about my current rate to do whatever the hell it is I do remotely, thus allowing me to pick up a miners cottage or similar in some shithole like Pinnaroo and then in about a year's time back off to working about 3 months a year.

It's harder and therefore slower for me to do my schtick when I'm not face to face I've found this last month or so. So probably wouldn't work.

It was only late last year I was wondering if I could coerce big biznuz to pay me about my current rate to do whatever the hell it is I do remotely, thus allowing me to pick up a miners cottage or similar in some shithole like Pinnaroo and then in about a year's time back off to working about 3 months a year.

It's harder and therefore slower for me to do my schtick when I'm not face to face I've found this last month or so. So probably wouldn't work.
Come to the yabba

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

bla bla bla
Did you miss the chance to go traveling, son?

That chance might not be coming back any time soon.

So let the jellyness flow through you. Direct it towards those of us who at least did something with our lives before the world shutdown.

It'll make you feel better, even if only temporarily :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you miss the chance to go traveling, son?

That chance might not be coming back any time soon.

So let the jellyness flow through you. Direct it towards those of us who at least did something with our lives before the world shutdown.

It'll make you feel better, even if only temporarily :thumbsu:

"jellyness" really :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back