Lindsay Gilbee on Marngrook!

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 5, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey, Doggie fans.

200 gamer and 11-year Bulldog Veteran Lindsay Gilbee will be on Marngrook this Thursday the 9th at 7:30 pm on NITV (CH34)!

Not only that, regular Footscray Legend Doug Hawkins will again be on the panel, they'll be sure to have a good time Thursday!

What was your favourite Gilbee moment from his decorated career?

FREE TICKETS STILL available for the show, shot at Deakin University Burwood for your chance to meet Lindsay and Doug as part of the live studio audience here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/marngrook-footy-show-tickets-57469064519

Don't miss it! #marngrook

I once saw Gilbee kill a seagull. Was at the beach with my mates kicking a footy when we were young and ran into LG. We knew who he was as soon as we saw him so I went up and asked for his autograph. One of my mates handed him the footy and asked him to show us how good he is. He took it and asked us what we wanted him to hit with it. I pointed to a bird in the air as a joke. This seagull was gliding what must have been 100 feet from the ground. LG loaded up a barrel and knocked it right out of the sky. It was dead before it hit the ground.

I once saw Gilbee kill a seagull. Was at the beach with my mates kicking a footy when we were young and ran into LG. We knew who he was as soon as we saw him so I went up and asked for his autograph. One of my mates handed him the footy and asked him to show us how good he is. He took it and asked us what we wanted him to hit with it. I pointed to a bird in the air as a joke. This seagull was gliding what must have been 100 feet from the ground. LG loaded up a barrel and knocked it right out of the sky. It was dead before it hit the ground.
I can see a Pythonesque sketch developing out of this.

"That's nothing lad. I once saw Gilbee foil a bank robbery..."

"Is THAT all? I once saw him stop a runaway car running over a baby ..."

"Were you there the day Gilbee used a footy to foil an assassination attempt on the Governor-General ..."

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s gold!

How good was the video of his kick in from full back against Geelong - kicked to himself, ran all the way past the wing untouched and kicked it to Johnno in the forward pocket

That’s gold Jerry, gold!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back