Mega Thread London 2012 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't quite get on the **** up, but...

Wells @ 6.00 or
Lola "I'm a virgin and proud of it" Jones @ 15.00

Should give you a bit of comfort for what is surely another disaster awaiting to unfold.
If Pearson doesn't win it then no one would begrudge Jones winning it after last time.

As for the semi and hopefully the final like with Mitchell Watt - Pearson's best is better than the rest of the field. However if she doesn't run sub 12.50 then we're in for a close final. If she matches her form in the WC's of last year then she'll be a convincing winner.

One thing about Pearson is that she doesn't back off in the heats at all. Her times are notable for that reason. She got progressively better in Daegu last year. The time in her semi was a PB and then she went even better in the final from memory.

Hopefully she runs a 12.4 in the Semi as it would be a very good sign. If she runs a 12.5 time again then we could be in for a very close final and Wells might push her all the way.

and some of the norwegian chicks too

We need to play Handball in Australia at a National level. Get a team to compete in 2016 or the 2020 Olympics against the European countries. Used to it play it against other schools, pretty physical and tough.

This German pole vault coach had an interesting way of inspiring his vaulter.

7ab9ed30.jpg

Heil meine Fuhrer!

We need to play Handball in Australia at a National level. Get a team to compete in 2016 or the 2020 Olympics against the European countries. Used to it play it against other schools, pretty physical and tough.

it's a real fun game.

we had a team in 2000 (home team gets one in everything).... we got pumped.

almost every team in our group finished with a positive goal difference on the back of beating the shit out of our boys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handball_at_the_2000_Summer_Olympics_–_Men's_tournament#Group_B

the girls were much the same.

of all the events i went too in sydney the handball was by far the best. great game, good entertainment, hot scandanavian girls everywhere... what more could a 16 year old want.

it's a real fun game.

we had a team in 2000 (home team gets one in everything).... we got pumped.

almost every team in our group finished with a positive goal difference on the back of beating the shit out of our boys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handball_at_the_2000_Summer_Olympics_–_Men's_tournament#Group_B

the girls were much the same.

of all the events i went too in sydney the handball was by far the best. great game, good entertainment, hot scandanavian girls everywhere... what more could a 16 year old want.

At school, we had a guy who played Handball in Europe in one of the top leagues.

Thanks, never knew we even had a team. Looking at the results, we weren't too bad. Only lost by 2 goals in the 11th/12th place game to Cuba. So Cuba got 11th, and we got 12th which was last.

we should become a communist country like China and plan to take over the world through sport and secret performance enhancers

At school, we had a guy who played Handball in Europe in one of the top leagues.

Thanks, never knew we even had a team. Looking at the results, we weren't too bad. Only lost by 2 goals in the 11th/12th place game to Cuba. So Cuba got 11th, and we got 12th which was last.

the guy at the moment are ranked 39th

http://www.ihf.info/TheGame/RankingTable/tabid/98/Default.aspx?month=7&year=2010&teamCatID=2

like anything if you put some money into the results should follow, though not always a hard and fast rule obviously. it's pretty much impossible for semi professionals to compete against professionals.

love the quote on the main page of that site from the IHF president;

"Handball is a diamond, which should be polished in order to become a brilliant."

even if the sentence was finished i would still have no idea what he is trying to get at with that metaphor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a dogs breakfast. with pike.

incidentally, when watching the mens floor gymnasts, does anyone else hear 'spinning date, spinning date, chiko roll' in their heads?

the guy at the moment are ranked 39th

http://www.ihf.info/TheGame/RankingTable/tabid/98/Default.aspx?month=7&year=2010&teamCatID=2

like anything if you put some money into the results should follow, though not always a hard and fast rule obviously. it's pretty much impossible for semi professionals to compete against professionals.

love the quote on the main page of that site from the IHF president;

"Handball is a diamond, which should be polished in order to become a brilliant."

even if the sentence was finished i would still have no idea what he is trying to get at with that metaphor.

Australia's handball federation is ranked 39th in the world. USA in 40th. There is only 48 on the list. At least we are beating the US. I should point out, this person who used to play in the top european leagues actually coached us.

I actually asked him, what would happen if the best school team from Australia ever played one of the top nations like Iceland or Croatia who are both undefeated at the Olympics so far. He said, they would be lucky to even make it to half way of the court with the ball.

Handball is a diamond??

incidentally, when watching the mens floor gymnasts, does anyone else hear 'spinning date, spinning date, chiko roll' in their heads?

Crazy date, close the door, flat bag, hello boys.

Is Pearson's final on tomorrow morning or Thursday morning?

I see that a semi is on at 4.43 and I saw something on Nine about a final or are Nine just trying to get viewerrs?

touch of goose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back