London 2012 - Track Athletics

Remove this Banner Ad

Times for Women's 800m have been disappointing. Even Tamsyn Manou could've gone to the next round :eek:

FFS, how hard is it to eliminate 4-5 guys who cleared 5.50 on their 2nd or 3rd go. I agree with Hooker here. He is equal 8th because he made 5.50 on his first go so why jump again? He is in without jumping again.

FFS, how hard is it to eliminate 4-5 guys who cleared 5.50 on their 2nd or 3rd go. I agree with Hooker here. He is equal 8th because he made 5.50 on his first go so why jump again? He is in without jumping again.

I see the logic in that - but whatever happened to following the Games officials?

caster-Semenya2_1467568c.jpg

Semen?

Ya!!!!!!!!
Honestly, I feel sorry for Semenya that she was born in such a way, it truly must be awful, but why on earth is she allwoed to compete? Its the Women's 800M, not the half man-half woman hermaphrodite 800M. When she romps it in in the final I hope there's an uproar.

I see the logic in that - but whatever happened to following the Games officials?
Dumb as posts. They have taken 14 through including some that made 5.50 on their second attempt and missed out at 5.60 I think. I think it is great as the President of the Pole Vaulters Association, that Hooker tried to get more guys through.

Actually all who got through got 5.50 on their first attempt at the very minimum. An error on my behalf though. Hooker technically was not guaranteed top 12 along with his mates who also kept passing. 7 vaulters who took 2 or 3 goes to get to 5.50 kept vaulting to clear 5.60 and qualify. Only 1 who made 5.50 first time kept vaulting and missed all 3 attempts so if they kept vaulting, he was in the gun and all the 5.50s were still at risk.

I take back my criticism of the officials. They just wanted to trim the field for the final down from 17.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back