Senior List
Sep 3, 2000
I don't damn well remembe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Go The Mighty Hawks
Well last night was fun . Not!!
I actually ended up at the Essendonians dinner before the game & was almost thrown out for abusing the d!ckhead for his smart remarks about Hawthorn's lack of support. Then when trying to get outside to watch the game was almost thrown out again.
One wonderful moment came in the 3rd 1/4 when a particular James Tird burglar fan who had gone on & on with "class Hirdy" for everything from tossing the coin to falling over (also anytime Jacobs went near it he was Hirdy as well) made the comment when he had the ball in the 3rd 1/4 "watch him hit someone on the chest now" & saw him hit the man on the mark on the chest. This kept me amused for the rest of the night.
On the game itself well it was a disaster but I don't know that that means anything if we meet them in the finals. The score in any new game starts at 0 each. They were up for it & our guys just weren't able to keep the pressure on them or cope with their fantastic body pressure.
We need to learn from that.
Positives-
Johnson - brilliant & must start from now on.
Piccioane- was about the only Hawk who wanted to stand toe to toe with them.
Forward's took enough marks considering our total lack of the footy & maybe on another day when you are just clinging on you get the goals & stay close enough.
Thommo - getting back to his best.
Learning experience - now we know where we need to be. The niggling & stirring they did was unbelievable they just pushed shoved , niggled , stirred did it all.
Essendon are beatable & the very way they play in your face niggling everywhere on the ground all day can come apart when it goes bad it can be a fine line.
Also am i the only one who was amazed to read of Hird as BOG- he did very little until the last 1/4. I know a lot of people hate him but I rate him as a magnificent player was just unimpressed by his game last night.
BOG for mine was Johnson (14 buggered if I can remember which ones which). His storming through the middle of the ground was magnifcent.

Damn shame to miss you GM, are you still going to be down here for next week? Maybe a meet at the Cricketers (seems to be the venue of choice for these things) if you are.

Positives? Well, the Stangers won today, so our kids are better than their kids! ;)

Agree with Johno/Sweet P (Picioane) having a dip, though im not sure Lance was 100%. MONSTAA, well one day the powers that be are just going to have to make a decision about where best to play him (personally im leaning more and more make him the NO.1 Ruck) but he was my Best for us.

Agree that things like this can teach a young side, and sometimes in a hurry too. Just recall our hiding of them in 92 and what that Dons side did the following year.

Maybe this year (and i havent given up on this year after one loss either) might be a little to much to ask (for the ultimate prize) but 2002 is a season to which im looking forward to with real enthusiasim already.

8-1 at this stage of the year isnt a bad place to be, dont forget about the game, but learn from it and move on. I reckon they have the talent and attitude to do it.

Cheers.

Well that's the point isn't it? If you'd just come back from overseas or been unconscious for three months, and you picked up a ladder to see us 8-1 in second place, you'd be on pretty good terms with yourself.

The injuries are a worry, but as someone has pointed out, if they're treated as opportunities rather than hinderances then it shouldn't damage us too much. For those of us who have seen a bit of the 'Stangers, the likes of Nicholls, Williams, Bateman, Ries (if fit), Lonie and Obst all look capable, and there's blokes like Rocky, Butcher and Stevie Greene who have had a bit of experience and can come back in too.

It's best if we draw a line, take our excellent start to the year and work from there.

Grendel,
I flew back to Brissy on Sunday morning. Just lucky(?) to have a mate who is an Essendon supporter who got me in on Saturday.
You are definately on for that drink though. Next time I'm coming down for a game I will give you a shout.

Bloody hard to freeze an ass the size of mine Sly! Yeah glad to be back where the sun has heat. Not that warm of a night here at the moment for an old Darwin boy though.
Did you suffer through the game on T.V or just ignore it.

Make that a long , loud shout Goater....I think this requires a Cricketers' session Grendel.

C'mon Sly......how about getting those Brissy asses in gear and making it a double act.......I've spoken to the Cricketers' management and they're prepared to overlook your lifetime ban in the name of team harmony !!!!!

Just as long as that lifetime ban didnt encompass the establishment just up the road from the Cricketers and im sure we will have no problems getting Sly around something as trivial as that! (Might help if you wear those shorts though Sly)!

Big wolf whistle again (i know it cost me matches last time, but it was worth it)!!!!

All I have to say to you both is GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'm working on it okay..... Hopefully down for the Sydney match (my first available weekend)

As for life time ban - I still think slugging that bouncer after he tried to drag me naked off the bar during my rendition of We're a happy team, was worth it.........

Bloody hell have I missed something? When did all this happen & where was the Goatmaster ? Women being dragged naked out of bars & banned for it? No wonder the countries stuffed should be more of it I say.
Goatmaster demands the full story.

Ah Sly baby.....a girl wot barracks for Hawthorn...with a sense of humour.....your old man doesn't happen to own a pub does he ??

By the way , the video's still selling well.....of course all profits are being held in my special account for when you're a big girl !!!!!

Bring on the Swans ........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats with all these clauses??????

Ok, I will come and collect, however until that time interest is accruing at a rate based upon the difference between our dates of birth, divided by our average tax rates, multiplied by the number of times gra gra makes an error during a match.

Which calculates to be............hmmmmmm where's my abacus????

Don't underestimate an accountant ;)

Now hold on a minute girlie...I need to discuss this with my accountant....oh no , that's right - she moved to Qld.

Ah what the hell...you owe me so much already...who was it who pulled you out of the gutter and made you the star you are today.....who was it ...wha ,when.....sorry nurse...yes nurse , the pretty green pills please....nuuuurse..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back