Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yet again we saw a pattern emerge on Saturday night

We were strangled by the hawthorn zone make no mistake and they are very well drilled and exceptional at it

Our turnovers cost us dearly and couldn't get clean ball for the majority of the game

Hawks tactics were brilliant and they got away with blue murder

Seemed to me that the agenda was to stifle our run and * us by the use of giving hard free kicks slowing the play at all costs

Hiting the boundary , not releasing the ball in packs , Questioning free kicks and manhandling the marker and then cripping the mark

Good Tatics and weak umpiring is a great help
Any ideas what bucks could have done?
Watched the game now 3 times , obvious as dogs balls

We were strangled by the hawthorn zone make no mistake and they are very well drilled and exceptional at it

Given that half the Hawthorn team have either been out injured much of last year or are young players/draftees, can you use those brilliant analytical skills to tell us how Clarkson manages to do it, but Buckley can't?

He could have resigned after the game.

Are you looking in the right place? I reckon you're looking at it's backside, which represents the enormous shitty hole this team has fallen into.

Given that half the Hawthorn team have either been out injured much of last year or are young players/draftees, can you use those brilliant analytical skills to tell us how Clarkson manages to do it, but Buckley can't?

He could have resigned after the game.

Are you looking in the right place? I reckon you're looking at it's backside, which represents the enormous shitty hole this team has fallen into.

Yeah you're very funny

You realise Einstein that for what 4 or is it 8 years of playing the same style , getting the same outcome and pretty much the same structure that those Tatics certainly assisted the outcome

Try watching the game again and you'll notice how quickly and how many times they set up that zone

But if it suits your little mind and your agenda
Carry on

You know f all but keep posting

Young draftees who's that
Frawley , scicily , Stratton dureya rioli puopolo mcevoy she's makers , roughhead. Burgoyne smith Breust guns ton shiels obrien
That list shows your full of it

It's difficult to know whether you are just uneducated or drunk, but I'll give it another shot in case it's the latter and you'll understand more when you sober up.

You realise Einstein that for what 4 or is it 8 years of playing the same style , getting the same outcome and pretty much the same structure that those Tatics certainly assisted the outcome

So let me get this right. Clarkson has had Hawthorn setting up the same way for 8 years, and yet our genius coach can't find a way to defeat it? Or is it just that the umpires won't let him? Or do you have some other conspiracy theory you would like to share with us?

Frawley , scicily , Stratton dureya rioli puopolo mcevoy she's makers , roughhead. Burgoyne smith Breust guns ton shiels obrien

Frawley, along with Rioli and Stratton, missed nearly all of last year. Sicily has played 45 games. Schoenmakers has played 113 games in 9 years. You do the math - if you're capable. Mitchell has played 88 games, about 20 as a Hawk. Impey 76, 1 as a Hawk. O'meara 51, a handful as a Hawk. Hardwick 21, Howe 34, O'Brien 35, Burton 25.

I would suggest finding your dog and burying your head where you looked last time - it might be the only way you could hold an intelligent conversation.

Yet again we saw a pattern emerge on Saturday night

Our turnovers cost us dearly and couldn't get clean ball for the majority of the game

Hawks tactics were brilliant and they got away with blue murder

Seemed to me that the agenda was to stifle our run and ****** us by the use of giving hard free kicks slowing the play at all costs

Hiting the boundary , not releasing the ball in packs , Questioning free kicks and manhandling the marker and then cripping the mark

Good Tatics and weak umpiring is a great help

Glad you are not the only that noticed;

Also the constant conversations with the umpire at ball ups to give them a few more seconds to setup

The instinctive head throw or grab of the head when tackled or bumped.

Unfortunately I think it comes down to the experience of the players to know how or when to get away with it.

It's difficult to know whether you are just uneducated or drunk, but I'll give it another shot in case it's the latter and you'll understand more when you sober up.

So let me get this right. Clarkson has had Hawthorn setting up the same way for 8 years, and yet our genius coach can't find a way to defeat it? Or is it just that the umpires won't let him? Or do you have some other conspiracy theory you would like to share with us?

Frawley, along with Rioli and Stratton, missed nearly all of last year. Sicily has played 45 games. Schoenmakers has played 113 games in 9 years. You do the math - if you're capable. Mitchell has played 88 games, about 20 as a Hawk. Impey 76, 1 as a Hawk. O'meara 51, a handful as a Hawk. Hardwick 21, Howe 34, O'Brien 35, Burton 25.

I would suggest finding your dog and burying your head where you looked last time - it might be the only way you could hold an intelligent conversation.

Hey knee jerker
Shot you down full of rookies , yeah

Re watch the game , you might learn something

Heard. Of box hill ?
Know the rules

Pretty handy list of ins don't you think? I will match you with:
Elliott
Wells
DeGoey
Greenwood
Goldsack

What was it you said about dog burying bone?

Yeah you're very funny

Try watching the game again and you'll notice how quickly and how many times they set up that zone

But if it suits your little mind and your agenda
Carry on

You know f all but keep posting

Of course they did and this is a team with half its 22 turned over and already all playing to the same tune, yet we are a mess after a 6 year rebuild.

Their ZONE is also done to protect the dangerous space and turn it over across the middle of the ground (they set up between the 2 arcs),
so that when they do transition:
a) there forwards are still in the forward half of the ground
B) the oppositions defensive flood has also pulled out of the f50 as it follows the kick opening up the space for re-entry.
C) if it fails their able to push back into the DEF 50 (less easy out the back type goals).

When they get it they then spring board hard forward as a team and move the ball precisely (mostly) and fast. They will only do the "chip around" when needed to draw out the def they don't look to do it as a default setting like our players do or (often forced into due to how high we zone both ways)!

Last edited:
Hey knee jerker
Shot you down full of rookies , yeah

Re watch the game , you might learn something

Heard. Of box hill ?
Know the rules

I guess I am wrong with you being drunk - you're merely uneducated. It's never too late to return to school, but I would suggest starting with kindergarten in your instance. Finger painting is about all you could comprehend I fear.

I said "young players/draftees" - not rookies.
I named 6 players with 51 games or less.
There are two further players with well less than 100 games who have played 20 games or so with Hawthorn.
Stratton, Rioli and Frawley did miss most of last year - given that arithmetic clearly isn't your strongest ability, that's 11 players that fit my description perfectly.

I would suggest re-acquainting yourself with your dog's backside, and staying there until the season is over.

Midfield wasn't at it's best... conceeding 60 inside 50s shows that...but we still had 58 inside 50s. Just converted them at only 16%... at that conversion rate you won't beat anybody in the league

But thats nothing new to us is it?

Last year was the same and the year before that...

Converting shots on goal.
Retaining possession inside 50.
Having clean entries inside 50 to leading targets.
Creating space inside 50 for leads.
Roving goals or roving packs to create goals.

All offensive issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, just re-quoted you.
But well done for avoiding.

My God, this place is a morass of simpletons, isn't it?

Mr Uneducated/Dog's bollocks bemoans the fact that Hawthorn are exceptionally well-drilled.
I pointed out that half their team on Satuday night had scarcely played/played at Hawthorn/were injured last year, and yet their coach still manages to get them all knowing exactly what to do.

The absence of those players you quoted would make no difference to the way the Collingwood football team know what to do, as the last few year's amply shows.

Do you get it now?

My God, this place is a morass of simpletons, isn't it?
Sure is!

I pointed out that half their team on Satuday night had scarcely played/played at Hawthorn/were injured last year, and yet their coach still manages to get them all knowing exactly what to do.

I merely pointed out who we were missing. You could have said that it wouldn't have made a difference because of better coaching or something similar or anything else in fact but no, decided to be a smarty.

Do you get it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back