Luke Mitchell!

Remove this Banner Ad

smashbox gill

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2008
Donnie
AFL Club
Carlton
could not be happier picking up this bloke!

this draft we have surely sorted our spine for the next 10 years.

FF: Luke Mitchell
CHF: Henderson
CHB: Watson/McCarthy
FB: Jamison

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said it in one of the other threads, but I'll say it again now: I am stoked that we got this guy. Going onto the draft, I admit I wasn't as up to speed as usual on the draft prospects, but there were two guys that I were hoping we could get, and that was Watson and Mitchell. Add McCarthy to that, and we have the makings of a great young group of key position players.

All you need to do is get juddy and co. to kick it anywhere near him, he takes everything!!!

Listed as a CHF, but we should stick him the square to be a big target deep.

I agree. I've seen him listed anywhere from 195cm to 198cm, which is great height for a key forward. As he gets bigger and stronger, combined with his great hands, I can see him being a pretty dangerous target in the goal square or leading up the ground. That also means Henderson can develop at CHF, and I think he's going to really develop his stamina and be able to push up to provide a target for our midfielders.

The one thing that I'm thinking now though is where does Casboult fit in?

I agree. I've seen him listed anywhere from 195cm to 198cm, which is great height for a key forward. As he gets bigger and stronger, combined with his great hands...

Measured at 198cm at Draft Camp in September.
Shoulder injury was a "freak accident". No weakness and is 100% now.
Has leadership potential, as he was captain at Melbourne Grammar last year.

I agree. I've seen him listed anywhere from 195cm to 198cm, which is great height for a key forward. As he gets bigger and stronger, combined with his great hands...

Measured at 198cm at Draft Camp in September.
Shoulder injury was a "freak accident". No weakness and is 100% now.
Has leadership potential, as he was captain at Melbourne Grammar last year.

I'm glad to hear that his shoulder is 100% again. Also happy to hear that he has measured out at 198cm. We may rest a ruckman down in the forward line, but even if we don't, Mitchell and Casboult should be more than capable of handling ruck duties in the forward line for us as well as being marking targets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back