Speculation Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A decorated soldier who I expected to play out his career at the Swans, but now... could he get his head turned one year before UFA with a godfather offer?

Hun had his salary at ~700k last year. But he can't get a game this year.

I reckon a substantial portion of the NMFC fanbase would support paying him close to 1m for 3 years, frontloaded, for him to play the Hodge-style on-field coach role, and to provide much needed support to Wardlaw and LDU.

A decorated soldier who I expected to play out his career at the Swans, but now... could he get his head turned one year before UFA with a godfather offer?

Hun had his salary at ~700k last year. But he can't get a game this year.

I reckon a substantial portion of the NMFC fanbase would support paying him close to 1m for 3 years, frontloaded, for him to play the Hodge-style on-field coach role, and to provide much needed support to Wardlaw and LDU.
Had to change your nick to Makeshift Parker before posting this thread.
Switch on, MP, switch on.
Red hot chance gone begging.
(Yes, I will see myself out.)

Had to change your nick to Makeshift Parker before posting this thread.
Switch on, MP, switch on.
Red hot chance gone begging.
(Yes, I will see myself out.)
C'mon Scoops, we need your stubborn newshound sense on North's next hail mary.

Who's the next Dusty, Kelly and Gaff?

He has been a warrior but sadly his full time midfield days are behind him, he can’t cover the ground any more.

Like a lot of people I thought he would be straight back into the team after his injury but looking at it now, it appears that Longmire made his mind up half way through last years final against Carlton when our mids got smashed in the first half.

We only got back into that game once Heeney and Papley moved into the middle, hence. The formers move into the middle.

I saying that, I think his value now looks to be a high half forward as he can compete at ground level and is a strong mark for his size.

I don’t think he would be a bad fit for North , but he will be 33 next year and given that they have Greenwood and Shiels I’m not sure they can carry another older body.

They should go for Wines or a Jake Hope type who still has a few years ahead.

Can't believe Luke Parker can't get a game. Absolute gun, and just shows how strong the Swans are atm. Decent around goal too. Only 31 and would surely have another couple of good years left. Would love him at the Cats, but seeings as we have so much mature talent already, he may not be the best fit atm.

Perfect target for North if he's willing to relocate.

His days as a full time mid may be over but he's still good enough to spend time in there whilst pushing forward.

Offer him a multi-year deal with the opportunity to move into the coaches box post his playing days if that's something he's keen to pursue.

Sydney will not stand in his way of moving so it's not as though it'll be a particularly difficult deal to get done if he is keen.

He has been a warrior but sadly his full time midfield days are behind him, he can’t cover the ground any more.

Like a lot of people I thought he would be straight back into the team after his injury but looking at it now, it appears that Longmire made his mind up half way through last years final against Carlton when our mids got smashed in the first half.

We only got back into that game once Heeney and Papley moved into the middle, hence. The formers move into the middle.

I saying that, I think his value now looks to be a high half forward as he can compete at ground level and is a strong mark for his size.

I don’t think he would be a bad fit for North , but he will be 33 next year and given that they have Greenwood and Shiels I’m not sure they can carry another older body.

They should go for Wines or a Jake Hope type who still has a few years ahead.
Shiels and greenwood won’t be on our list next year

No way. I’d want a 1.2 mill pay rise to join North.

You're not a professional footballer, so that's largely irrelevant.

It's obviously not going to take that much, it's ludicrous to suggest otherwise.

Been a gem for Sydney but it would make sense for him to win a flag with them this year then explore his options at a North, Hawks or West Coast for his final couple years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah not thread for it I suppose as well but I do think players are not as easily bought as you think.

If Parker can get 600k a year at a club like Essendon, he is taking that over 750k at North

I haven't suggested anyone is easily bought. Not sure where you've got that from.

Are Essendon keen?

And why are you completely ignoring contract length?

I haven't suggested anyone is easily bought. Not sure where you've got that from.

Are Essendon keen?

And why are you completely ignoring contract length?
Misunderstood in that case

Are North keen, all hypotheticals still

I doubt he leaves unless he gets 3 years or a trigger to get to it. He is slow but can still kick a goal up forward ala same role as Dusty

Are North keen, all hypotheticals still

Well yeah, of course it's hypothetical.

Did you miss which board you're on? Or the 'speculation' tag in front of the thread title? Or the recent talk about North needing to add to their on-field experience and leadership?

The whole point of this thread is to discuss the hypothetical.

I doubt he leaves unless he gets 3 years or a trigger to get to it. He is slow but can still kick a goal up forward ala same role as Dusty

Maybe. You don't know Parker's motivations and neither do I.

He has one more year on the contract. It's entirely possible that an additional year on top of that plus a move into the coaches box at the conclusion of 2026 appeals to him.

It's also entirely possible Sydney say they've moved past him and are happy to facilitate a move, and he retires at the end of 1 year at North anyway.

The talk was bound to start with the swans being healthy at only round 10. If any of the midfielders get a niggle being a game up he is straight in and probably going to go straight back to being brilliant. He just got injured at the wrong time. In saying that I think Adams is the same player but being a better kick into 50. That's his position to win if Adams needs a rest

C'mon Scoops, we need your stubborn newshound sense on North's next hail mary.

Who's the next Dusty, Kelly and Gaff?
Silly stuff aside, I hope you can lure a couple of good players in their prime.
Am a Pies supporter (and GCS, for my sins), but mum's team was the Kangas so I have a soft sport for them and it is honestly a bit depressing watching Roos games at the minute.
Wardlaw,.Sheezel, McKercher look great, Xerri is clearly going well, Comben has come on a bit etc., but the side as a whole just keeps getting thumped and there's just not a heap to hang your hat on.
Really hope it turns, as a supporter you want to at least feel like on any given say you can give it a shake.

Most people on the trade threads know how moronic our fans are so will see this as a compliment to me you will find

We have the worst fans on this board.
Yes, opposition supporters are full of compliments for your contributions here.

Screenshot 2024-05-18 125853.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back