Opinion Lukey D - Where do you stand?

Remove this Banner Ad

Whether peope are or not he has copped a flogging in here for weeks and the minute he goes ok someone wants to close the thread so he can’t be praised!!

Seriously pathetic imo

M8 where has the old LD been?? Know anything?

Cynic in me says tonight was a job interview...

Has not been playing to his ability, most certainly carrying an injury. But in a team that has fragile players breaking every week, someone like Dahl is gold. So durable compared to most of our team. HE doesn't seem to break, and even when injured is still able to play. He loves the club with his whole heart and unless he himself wants to go then fine, but i would not be getting rid of him. Can see him exploding again in a better side, he is not a leader, so being one of the more experienced players and having that added pressure may not be sitting so well with him. Bevo believes in full field pressure... getting rid of Dahl would be stupid. Because even as his form has dropped, his pressure never has. That intensity he brings will be worth gold when we have others to add to it. In a couple years when we have that, everyone will be sooking... "gee if only we had Dahl's intensity to add to current Tom, Dick and Harry, we would be flying"

You have no certainty the bloke you bring in has the same durability and pressure consistency that Dahl has. People are acting like it isn't a massive gamble and "Hey get rid of Dahl and bring in this Mr Perfect." Has that ever been the case with our club?

I say keep, his butchering is still not the worst in our team (as shocking as that is) and no one else offers what he does. I'd be more willing to off load Daniel, who is the Elite disposals man. Because if Daniel isn't performing he offers nothing else, Dahl has never faltered in his pressure and tackling.
Get a clue, dope.

M8 where has the old LD been?? Know anything?

Cynic in me says tonight was a job interview...
Someone on Fox was saying that Luke wants four years and Bains said the dogs aren’t anywhere near that.

Think Kane Cornes said on twitter that tonight looked like a job interview from Dahlhaus whether that’s to stay or leave who knows.

You know I’ve been in the let him go camp. I still am. If he plays like he did tonight for the rest of the year I’ll probably come around.

Think in one of the threads somewhere I was only content offering max 3 years at $425k. More games like that and the contract will look a bit more handsome.

One things for sure though, we have a lot of big decisions to make in the next 4/5 months.

It’s odd when a player plays well to be happy because it drives up trade value as if somehow that game was an illusion and not a return to form.

Perhaps if it was a player that had never shown strong signs suddenly played a great game it would have more logic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll fight you, jdz.
Ahhh...fisticuffs eh?

giphy.gif

Someone should make a gif of Dahlhaus evading four tackles in a single play on Saturday night and post it here. Seems to have gotten over his injury as his agility is well and truly back.
People were saying that Dal was struggling due to injury. He obviously recovered in time for the Cats game or ignored the pain and played through it.

What did we give him?
Three years.

Somebody said four years a while back and the notion persists even though it's been corrected every time. His contract expires in 2020 (see contracts sticky thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back