Lumumba threatens to sue

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be a pretty easy one for the Demons to defend in all honestly. AFL uses an adapted version of the Glasgow Concussion scale, they'll simply need to snow his rating under the scale that proved he hadn't fully healed to full health and they've successfully done their due-diligence.

Wouldn't put it past Lumumba though to suggest "interference" or negligence in the doctor's assessment which would take the case in an entirely different direction but I surely hope that he wouldn't consider potentially ruining a doctor's career for the sake of some $$$$- and headlines.

Not only would he do that in a heartbeat, but he'd do it with the genuine belief that he's been wronged, because he is completely delusional and doesn't have a grasp on reality.

They totally gave him the nudge to clear him off before the draft.

He's having a flap now but will clear off and open up a list spot for the Dees.

Clubs are getting pretty cut throat - interesting to see where the balance of power will settle between the players and the clubs.

Jesus, it's a bit overplayed these days, but this speech is ridiculous.

This was after coming 4th in a B&F.

4th.

Bloke was concussed that night, Collingwood medicos shouldn't have let him speak.

And people wanna say they're are no characters in the game anymore! Haha you couldn't make this shit up.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And people wanna say they're are no characters in the game anymore! Haha you couldn't make this shit up.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk
The flog is the definition of no character mate...he has about as much class as the old blue stone pissas under Princes Park!

What were Melbourne thinking recruiting him? He is more trouble than he's worth which is why Collingwood were happy to let him go.

It's not like he is an A grader like Akermanis was when the Dogs took a punt on him and the Dees weren't in a premiership window either, made no sense.
It was the Clark deal. Melbourne honestly just took what they could at the time because we were sick of Mitch's crap.

What were Melbourne thinking recruiting him? He is more trouble than he's worth which is why Collingwood were happy to let him go.

It's not like he is an A grader like Akermanis was when the Dogs took a punt on him and the Dees weren't in a premiership window either, made no sense.
The traded out Mitch Clarke to get him, Varcoe was the other piece in the trade. Geelong lost, Collingwood won, Dees broke even.

He's like the person at work that keeps referring to the east and entitlements rather than doing their job and earning their pay check.

Surely it'll get thrown out of court as soon as the medicos provide rationale as to why they did not allow him to play.

He said this year his poor form and interrupted year was in part due to his mourning of the death of Muhammad Ali.

“I’m still mourning the passing of the great Muhammad Ali. I think that is something to note,” Lumumba said.

“That has probably been the most difficult time in this period.”

face-with-rolling-eyes.png

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/her...k=0de59888e5ff49422f8557b6932711cd-1479930704

They totally gave him the nudge to clear him off before the draft.

He's having a flap now but will clear off and open up a list spot for the Dees.

Clubs are getting pretty cut throat - interesting to see where the balance of power will settle between the players and the clubs.

Next year I think, for now even if he retires they're stuck with him on the list, so essentially one short all year. Nice to find that out the day before the draft. Best case scenario for the Dees seems to be that they don't have to pay him for this year.

Baffling issue. As many have said already in this thread, given everything about duty of care with concussion, a player suing the club for being over cautious and preventing him playing? I was at his comeback game in the VFL against Richmond and he was dreadful before being concussed again before game end. A club would be crucified if they had a bloke come back from concussion, get concussed again in their first game back and didn't take a VERY careful approach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back