Scandal Tarryn Thomas charged with 'threatening to distribute intimate image' + driving with suspended license

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Statements

Fined, no conviction recorded:

So North came out and said they sent him to 4 courses to re educate himself and that didn't help

Now am I cynical for saying why the **** do you need to get educated on how to treat women?

It seems a big part of the violence against women is coming from people who are re offenders. Just punish them hard the first time to get the message across, if you slap them on the wrist they will continue along that path until the worst happens.

Look at a certain ex Essendon & St kilda player for example

I'm aware of that in most cases but I have seen cases where a lot of false accusations get thrown around to bring down the X partner.

I think the fact that we are this far down the track means there is veracity to at least some of the allegations.

So do nothing and let his obsession kill the woman ?
No, but I don't know what the answer is, or if there is one. You claimed this was the perfect opportunity to do something but didn't say what. So I was asking. But I see you are now talking about leopards and have posted the old 'lock him up' line .............. which would obviously solve everything, in your mind.

So North came out and said they sent him to 4 courses to re educate himself and that didn't help

Now am I cynical for saying why the * do you need to get educated on how to treat women?

It seems a big part of the violence against women is coming from people who are re offenders. Just punish them hard the first time to get the message across, if you slap them on the wrist they will continue along that path until the worst happens.

Look at a certain ex Essendon & St kilda player for example
This was also on top of the respect and responsibility session which all draftees attend when they enter the AFL system, which really should remove idea of 'give them a second chance, they didn't know' for players doing this sort of thing.

It's astonishing he was given so many chances (including those he somehow didn't make "adequate progress" with last year, as though it's like a challenging university course) and also makes Brad Scott's comments look worse. Thomas is a braindead moron or has no desire to change - or more likely, a combination of the two.

I think the fact that we are this far down the track means there is veracity to at least some of the allegations.

Not denying I'm just raising the point if the relationship was so toxic is it case now that every time he gets a bit of good publicity a new lot of accusations gets raised.

Not denying I'm just raising the point if the relationship was so toxic is it case now that every time he gets a bit of good publicity a new lot of accusations gets raised.

This stuff boils away in the background. The simplest explanation is that a cop with knowledge of the matter leaked it.

Thomas seems like a talented player, North are screaming out for talented players. The fact they had to sack him leads me to think that whatever he has done was terrible, repetitive and conclusive.

Or the weight of outside pressure left them no choice. Again not knowing just raising it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This stuff boils away in the background. The simplest explanation is that a cop with knowledge of the matter leaked it.

Or like other incidents we've seen along the journey not just football when a person accused of something starts to get some good publicity something just appears.

Happened with the Milne incident.

Or like other incidents we've seen along the journey not just football when a person accused of something starts to get some good publicity something just appears.

Happened with the Milne incident.

What good publicity has he received?

This was also on top of the respect and responsibility session which all draftees attend when they enter the AFL system, which really should remove idea of 'give them a second chance, they didn't know' for players doing this sort of thing.

It's astonishing he was given so many chances (including those he somehow didn't make "adequate progress" with last year, as though it's like a challenging university course) and also makes Brad Scott's comments look worse. Thomas is a braindead moron or has no desire to change - or more likely, a combination of the two.
yeah I am for giving people second chances, more so around minor offenses.

But violent crimes whether against a man or more specifically a women needs to be a severe punishment. Get the message across harshly, a slap on the wrist just encourages ****wits like him to keep on doing what they are doing

Is there any chance at all and I don't know either way. The police do know all thats going on but a lot is fabricated to defame Thomas. I this why police haven't laid charges?

It does happen.
North wouldn't have suspended him and put him through all of the courses if it was all fabricated and they didn't have to. He was their most talented player at the time.

Whatever he is doing (sending threatening private messages to ex/current girlfriends?) got looked at by the AFL and NMFC and they considered it bad enough to suspend him for a year.

Police have investigated as well and although he hasn't been convicted of a crime he is obviously close enough to doing so that they have had to investigate him multiple times.

Also, if his behaviour was being fabricated surely his management, and North when he was there, would have said so and defended him.

North wouldn't have suspended him and put him through all of the courses if it was all fabricated and they didn't have to. He was their most talented player at the time.

Whatever he is doing (sending threatening private messages to ex/current girlfriends?) got looked at by the AFL and NMFC and they considered it bad enough to suspend him for a year.

Police have investigated as well and although he hasn't been convicted of a crime he is obviously close enough to doing so that they have had to investigate him multiple times.

Also, if his behaviour was being fabricated surely his management, and North when he was there, would have said so and defended him.

Police will investigate all complaints. I'm just raising it that maybe this isn't all one way.

Police will investigate all complaints. I'm just raising it that maybe this isn't all one way.
8 of your total 30 posts have been how you think that Thomas' victim is just trying to defame him. Weird hill to die on after North had given him more than enough chances, he had failed numerous attempts at even showing respect for women and then cut the bloke despite desperately needing someone with the footballing ability that he has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back