Scandal Tarryn Thomas charged with 'threatening to distribute intimate image' + driving with suspended license

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Statements

Fined, no conviction recorded:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some even more disturbing points of view on the North board (a very small minority in comparison to the rest of the board, but now more than just a couple). Just goes to show, tribalism usually trumps human decency, in this day and age.

Apparently calling a woman a c*nt, throwing a lamp at a woman, and threatening a woman telling her that her 'time will come', is all cool and normal, and nothing to see here.

All boards have a few of them, but I'm still always surprised when I see it. It's like a macabre 'Where's Wally', but instead it's - 'Spot the chauvinist who sees women as inferior and is probably more likely to commit one of the abhorrent acts he's defending.'

Makes me sick.

Last edited:
Some even more disturbing points of view on the North board (a very small minority in comparison to the rest of the board, but now more than just a couple). Just goes to show, tribalism usually trumps human decency, in this day and age.

Apparently calling a woman a c*nt, throwing a lamp at a woman, and threatening a woman telling her that her 'time will come', is all cool and normal, and nothing to see here.

All boards have a few of them, but I'm still always surprised when I see it. It's like a macabre 'Where's Wally', but instead it's - 'Spot the chauvinist who sees women as inferior, and is probably more likely to commit one of the acts he's defending than the average person.'

Makes me sick.

As boncer said, a lot of 'if it were my club' types suddenly realising it is their club.

As boncer said, a lot of 'if it were my club' types suddenly realising it is their club.

If I found out that someone like Cam Guthrie - who is just about the most calm and mild mannered person you'd ever meet -, committed something like this, I'd be in disbelief. Despite that though, I have a partner, and many other women I know, and I'd defer to them every time rather than side with someone from my footy club. I'd want him stood down while the investigation took place, and I'd want him gone if the allegations were proven correct.

The thing that I don't quite comprehend though, is that Thomas has ALREADY BEEN CHARGED with something that is denigrating to women - threatening to distribute revenge pr0n. This isn't like Jy Simpkin being revealed as being a monster and then people going 'hey, where the hell did this come from?' - this is far different. This guy has already shown that he brags about his wealth, he treats women like crap, and his form on field fell off a cliff last year given all his escapades.

If there's a pattern of behaviour, it rings true that the other sh*t being said, probably carries some merit too. So why defend it? No footy player is worth a club's culture. Footy players come and go, but one person/player can destroy a club's culture, and be toxic to everyone around them. Imagine the players who only knew about the revenge pr0n stuff, who wake up this morning and see this article about their teammate, and have their partner's/family members going, 'is this true? Does Tarryn Thomas behave like this?' How can you or the club associate with someone like this?' Club staffers, management, sponsors, friends and family, club members...everyone starts going...'how can I support this guy/how can my club support this guy? What kind of a club are we if we do support this guy, and he does something worse than just threaten someone next time?'

This is obviously completely hypothetical, but you only need one player to bring down a club's culture - especially with allegations as serious as this. If it was Guthrie, Dangerfield, Hawkins, Cameron, Stewart, Stengle, Blicavs, or even Scott himself accused and then charged with these things, I would want them gone - because no player or person is bigger than the club itself.

All boards have a few of them, but I'm still always surprised when I see it. It's like a macabre 'Where's Wally', but instead it's - 'Spot the chauvinist who sees women as inferior and is probably more likely to commit one of the abhorrent acts he's defending.'

Makes me sick.
To be fair, the club itself hasn't exactly been on the front foot in terms of their commentary around how their people treat women in recent times.

Some red meat for yous all.

Jesus that's a weak response. Essentially 'nothing to see here, and we/he is already doing what he needs to.'

Also reads like they've indeed known just how bad this has been all along, and they're supporting him despite all that - even after the article was published last night.

The backlash to that won't just come from oppo supporters/casual observers this time, it'll be from your own ilk as well.

Extremely poor response.

what a joke. think thomas needs a bit more than education as to how to conform to 'north melbourne's values'

embarrassing

"Hey TT, did you know it was bad to threaten to belt your missus?"

"Nah man I didn't realise."

"Ok, here's an online seminar. And a $750k p.a contract to play footy."

Surely Mazda won't be happy to see TT running around the field bearing their company logo? Do his actions align with their values?

I find it odd that they’ve not stood him down at the very least.

Doesn’t paint a particularly good picture of how strongly North view the allegations, regardless of what Hood says.

I find it odd that they’ve not stood him down at the very least.

Doesn’t paint a particularly good picture of how strongly North view the allegations, regardless of what Hood says.

Yeah. Hawks stood Patton down for less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait for 100 pages of why Hood has handled this perfectly and Warner and Buttler are fake reporters.

And saying how one woman handles things is apparently misogynistic, but then that same woman defending a man who threatens other women, is perfectly ok?

Maybe, just maybe, it's not about Hood being a woman, but just a hopelessly conflicted leader and in way over her head when it comes to such serious matters as this and the Clarko situation?

Nah, Hood's a genius and a saint, and Thomas is just misunderstood.

As you all were :)

And saying how one woman handles things is apparently misogynistic, but then that same woman defending a man who threatens other women, is perfectly ok?

Maybe, just maybe, it's not about Hood being a woman, but just a hopelessly conflicted leader and in way over her head when it comes to such serious matters as this and the Clarko situation?

With the Clarkson situation it may play out fine for North, seems less and less likely every day something is going to come from it

Here though, it is just going keep building until something genuine is done about it. Too many accusations to brush it off.

The Tarryn Thomas apologist North supporters can at least take comfort that the irrelevance of their club will keep this out of the news cycle and thus lower the external pressure for any real sanctions or discipline.

DeGoey copped far, far worse for grabbing his girlfriends breast.

but she interacted with them that one time on twitter so she's a close personal friend who they know would never show poor judgement.

To be honest she is probably handling things directly by the book and weathering the calls for sackings or suspensions.

This way she is not putting the club at risk of a legal action for unfair dismissal etc.

To be honest she is probably handling things directly by the book and weathering the calls for sackings or suspensions.

This way she is not putting the club at risk of a legal action for unfair dismissal etc.

Under the Workplace Relations Act; she still has the legal right to suspend him (on full pay) while the club and/or AFL undertake an investigation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back