Scandal Tarryn Thomas charged with 'threatening to distribute intimate image' + driving with suspended license

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Statements

Fined, no conviction recorded:

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree, Richmond is the real victim in all this.

No, I would question it regardless of who the team was, just happened to be the one i thought of

Same goes for any player who has been punished for outside football indiscretions. How does it look when they sweep a domestic abuser under the rug, yet say, fine someone for drink driving?

Anyway, getting a bit off track, he will get jail time regardless, surely

Afl won’t punish him, yet fine Rioli and Bolton for standing up for a woman at a night club.
You misspelt some words.

Rioli is spelt “D. U. S. T. Y.”
Standing is spelt “H. O. L. D. I. N. G. C. H. O. P. S. T. I. C. K. S.”

Edit: oops, sorry, my bad.
Dusty wasn’t fined.

Leave the Richmond victim complex at the door.

You misspelt some words.

Rioli is spelt “D. U. S. T. Y.”
Standing is spelt “H. O. L. D. I. N. G. C. H. O. P. S. T. I. C. K. S.”

Edit: oops, sorry, my bad.
Dusty wasn’t fined.

Leave the Richmond victim complex at the door.

I know he wasn’t. This has nothing to do with us, read my post above.

I knew i should have used a non richmond player to make my point :D

I know he wasn’t. This has nothing to do with us, read my post above.

I knew i should have used a non richmond player to make my point :D

You probably shouldn't have injected something to do with Richmond that takes the focus away from the real victims - Tarryn Thomas' accusers -, and the alleged crimes committed against them.

Never going to end well - especially when it's very fresh information, and some people are obviously going to be on edge when discussing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We may well have already. He was in the VFL for the last part of the year. The assumption was that it was related to the compassionate leave he was granted. With today's article it seems just as likely it was an internal suspension. Neither the club nor the AFL could of come out and called it as such if the women making the allegations don't want to go public and there are no charges. Or maybe the club have made a dog's breakfast of the situation, too early to tell.

It will definitely be interesting to read what the club has to say. AFL too, seeing as they have been directly mentioned. You have to wonder if there are more charges in the pipeline too.

Pretty grim situation.

If the women didn’t want it to go public why is it out in the open now ?

This has got damage control by North and the AFL written all over it

Grasping at straws there

You probably shouldn't have injected something to do with Richmond that takes the focus away from the real victims - Tarryn Thomas' accusers -, and the alleged crimes committed against them.

Never going to end well - especially when it's very fresh information, and some people are obviously going to be on edge when discussing it.
Agree.
Focus should be on the AFL and particularly the clubs response to this tomorrow. That they knew of this behaviour for some time and haven’t made a stance on this is abhorrent.

I wonder if they will continue to support and ‘wrap their arms around him’ or distance themselves from a bloke who’s accused by several of doing some pretty ordinary things.

Their prez is the beacon of all things pious, so I’m looking forward to her take. Shame we had to wait for this to be realised by the papers to wake her out of her slumber on this one.

Yeah, was more pointing out the inconsistencies in AFL, nothing to do with any club.

My apologies, I know a lot of us tend to make fools of themselves here so can understand why people think I was taking it that way

Lets move on

The North board makes for some interesting reading.

There's a poster there who is particularly active in the Tarryn Thomas thread who is thinking this is a storm in a teacup because Thomas never followed through on his threats and because "everyone's time is coming eventually."

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is why its a bad idea to pick stuff from other boards without knowing anything about the board.

Pretty much 99% of people on the North Board disagree with ANYTHING he posts.

Not indicative of the opinion of the board.

I'm disgusted by what's been alleged. If it's even half true he will be unlikely to have any kind of career after this.
TT thinks he's a gangster, but he's about as gangster as Prince Harry.

Wait, Nostradumbass is a Richmond poster, what has he said in the North thread that is terrible. I can't seem to find it?

Nostradamus - I just called him Nostradumbass because it seemed appropriate given his commentary.

Sorry about the mistaken identity, haha.

The AFL is going to find it very hard to worm their way out of this one. The onus has been placed directly on them, and questions will be asked about why more hasn't been done, and why both club (North), and the managing organization (AFL) allowed this to go unpunished and not follow up on the victims' allegations and complaints.

It was much easier with Elijah Hewett (Sydney), as he acted independently and the Swans swiftly took action and delisted him. This is far different. If this sh*t has been under wraps for more than 6 months and the AFL and North kept it hidden without taking disciplinary action and making sure that these allegations were taken seriously by Vic Pol - and both organizations putting their full weight behind them given the heinous behaviour -, then both organizations have a lot to answer for and won't be able to hide from it this time.

Whether it be women's groups, racists, conspiracy theorists, sponsors, advertisers, normal AFL supporters or just casual observers - this thing is not going to go away like other things have in the past. Everyone will have an opinion. Problem for the AFL and North is, that they'll be the ones squarely in the cross hairs given just how upset the women seem to be when it comes to how things have been handled by both parties.

This whole thing is a giant mess, and it looks like it's only just beginning.
Have you read "The Boys Club" by Mike Warner? If not please do so. It gives a great insight in how the AFL will act in certain situations.

However the AFL has acted whilst having knowledge about this, they have done so because it will give them a public out whilst taking a small amount of heat. They will obfuscate the negative press by doing something token. The unfortunate truth is that, unless Thomas is convicted, the AFL just needs to try and appear like there is outreach for the women and wait for hype of the 23 season to come in and dominate the public narrative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back