Rumour Tarryn Thomas to the Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade radio just reported Tarryn Thomas to Gold Coast is a live situation.

For social media comments? Start another thread about that, but this is a rumour about him going to the Gold Coast, but he knocked that back so that rumour is done.

Maybe start another thread with the label scandal or something.
1666046464641.png

Suns escaped from this one.

Elijah Taylor was sacked and deregistered for something not too dissimilar, something I fully supported at the time and still do. I would not be against the AFL taking another stand here if Thomas is convicted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know - just pointing out that you can in fact go to jail for 'social media comments'.

Does social media qualify as a 'carriage service'?

I know in the US this is the subject of much debate and the general view is that it doesn't (if it does, 1st amendment applies and a lot of the restrictions the providers put on free speech would be illegal).

I know in the US this is the subject of much debate and the general view is that it doesn't (if it does, 1st amendment applies and a lot of the restrictions the providers put on free speech would be illegal).

According to the Criminal Code, yes it does.

Elijah Taylor was sacked and deregistered for something not too dissimilar, something I fully supported at the time and still do. I would not be against the AFL taking another stand here if Thomas is convicted.
Not too dissimilar? Taylor pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and it wasn't the first time

From Wikipedia
"Taylor was officially stood down by the Swans on 15 September 2020 following his arrest and pleading guilty to aggravated assault charges against his ex-partner"

It's high time the language was revised to reflect the modern world. Who refers to "carriage services" in the modern world? It's quite ridiculous and unrelatable.

It's high time the language was revised to reflect the modern world. Who refers to "carriage services" in the modern world? It's quite ridiculous and unrelatable.

It is, but the owners of said carriage services spent way too much on bribing ....oops sorry, lobbying.... Both the major parties to allow for such updates to cover the internet in any meaningful way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back