What the heck? Ken Hinkley in gambling/Greyhound Racing syndicate with players/staff

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy to get rid of horse racing too.

Your dog might have had a good life, but do you deny that the industry is full of low lifes and animal abuse/live baiting etc
But doesn't that mean that no one should have a pet dog?

I mean, dog breeding is and always has been rife with cruelty. Pet ownership too

Hence, anyone with a pet dog is part of the problem.

Scum.

I highly recommend that anyone interested in helping retired racers look into their states Greyhound Adoption Programs.

You can foster the hounds to get them used to normal dog life, you can adopt them, you can volunteer and help out the organisation.

It's all very rewarding and they're the best dogs. They deserve better.
Just don't expect them to be a good guard dog, Spoke to a bloke about adopting them and he said they would lay on the couch and watch someone clean your house out. I have no idea what would happen if they tried to take the couch from him

Just don't expect them to be a good guard dog, Spoke to a bloke about adopting them and he said they would lay on the couch and watch someone clean your house out. I have no idea what would happen if they tried to take the couch from him
That's absolutely true. We had a break in and my boy did sweet * all to hinder the bloke. And fair enough too.

Great Danes are the same . Some bark a bit and look scary but they’d sh1t themselves at the sight of their shadow. Almost literally .

But doesn't that mean that no one should have a pet dog?

I mean, dog breeding is and always has been rife with cruelty. Pet ownership too

Hence, anyone with a pet dog is part of the problem.

There's ethical ways to have a pet without enabling abusive breeders. There is no way to support greyhound racing without enabling abusive trainers - it goes hand in hand with the "sport"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean first of all greyhound racing is cruel and disgusting, rife with lowlifes and full of animal abuse. There are only 7 countries where commercial greyhound races are still allowed, even in the US it only happens in West Virginia. It's basically the sport de jour for bogans who like killing dogs.

Ken Hinkley's long involvement with greyhound racing is well known (Just google if unaware).

Fine, if he wants to be an utter piece of s**t, whatever.

How the * is it ok for this guy to be in part-ownership/racing syndicates with current listed players and the general manager? How is that not a conflict of interest? How is that underperforming players like Lycett and Byrne-Jones enjoyed gold passes for years when their form did not warrant selection?

The Power to win!

A few weeks ago the SA Premier announced an inquiry into the industry. I mean nothing will happen, as usual they'll blame a few bad apples and the s**t will continue on, when in reality its rotten to the core.

If you’re going to go so hard after Ken… you better include these 2 groups of owners.
He’s far from alone.

Attachments

• IMG_0350.png
    IMG_0350.png
    302.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0348.png
    IMG_0348.png
    896.8 KB · Views: 213
If you’re going to go so hard after Ken… you better include these 2 groups of owners.
He’s far from alone.

That Tex is a dickhead is not really a surprise lol.

Who do you think is responsible for getting the port boys into greyhounds? It's not really a sport that the average 20 year old seeks out on their own lol

I mean first of all greyhound racing is cruel and disgusting, rife with lowlifes and full of animal abuse. There are only 7 countries where commercial greyhound races are still allowed, even in the US it only happens in West Virginia. It's basically the sport de jour for bogans who like killing dogs.

Ken Hinkley's long involvement with greyhound racing is well known (Just google if unaware).

Fine, if he wants to be an utter piece of s**t, whatever.

How the * is it ok for this guy to be in part-ownership/racing syndicates with current listed players and the general manager? How is that not a conflict of interest? How is that underperforming players like Lycett and Byrne-Jones enjoyed gold passes for years when their form did not warrant selection?

The Power to win!

A few weeks ago the SA Premier announced an inquiry into the industry. I mean nothing will happen, as usual they'll blame a few bad apples and the s**t will continue on, when in reality its rotten to the core.
He can do wtf he wants. He's not breaking any laws.

s**t, what's next. Are you going to pulverise the bloke for wearing black socks? FFS.

That Tex is a dickhead is not really a surprise lol.

Who do you think is responsible for getting the port boys into greyhounds? It's not really a sport that the average 20 year old seeks out on their own lol

Originally? John Butcher.
Ollie and Butcher owned dogs together before entering into a few different syndicates.
Olllie is the head of the syndicates with the boys.

Originally? John Butcher.
Ollie and Butcher owned dogs together before entering into a few different syndicates.
Olllie is the head of the syndicates with the boys.

I hate to tell you but I think daddy donuts may have been into the dogs before those guys

He can do wtf he wants. He's not breaking any laws.

s**t, what's next. Are you going to pulverise the bloke for wearing black socks? FFS.

So your moral standard is just "is it against the law?"

It's a s**t industry built in animal abuse that exists purely for gambling.

Yep I do agree that there are many scum bags. But we can't label Ken as one as what's he been found guilty of?

I hate to tell you but I think daddy donuts may have been into the dogs before those guys

Into them yes but certainly not in the dogs that they originally invested in.
They are punters…Butcher and Jackson Trengove and then Ollie and Butcher. Their first dog was in just after Ollie was drafted.

Ken owned the lot of the Cairnlea dogs in Melb.
They have had 2 with Ken but way more in their own syndicates.

Ollie is more to blame for the current ownerships than Ken.

I agree wholeheartedly with you in regards to the industry.

But these young fellas have a heap of money, love a punt and unfortunately the racing codes lure them in. All the racing codes.

There’s a group of jockeys that own dogs…

I’m no Ken lover but it’s a really long bow to blame him for Ollie and the groups social habits.

I agree wholeheartedly with you in regards to the industry.

But these young fellas have a heap of money, love a punt and unfortunately the racing codes lure them in. All the racing codes.

There’s a group of jockeys that own dogs…

I’m no Ken lover but it’s a really long bow to blame him for Ollie and the groups social habits.

do you think it's professional to be in a part ownership syndicate with the GM of footy and a handful of senior players?

how is that not a conflict of interest when it comes to picking the teams every week? to those of us who've watched a lot of port games, some of those in the syndicate have been "gold pass" players whose form has absolutely tanked it up yet they've continued to be selected every week.

The only 2 dogs they’ve ever had together are Max Power & Purple pear.
The owners are - Hinkley, Butch, Ollie, Clurey, DBJ & Rocky.
Only Max Power is still a racing dog.

The GM of footy has no share in either dog and I don’t care what some newspaper article tells you.
Go online and check the ownership of the dogs. It’s the “futures syndicate” if you want to check.
He does not & never has owned a greyhound.

So Ken selects Ollie & DBJ based on the fact they have a dog he bought a share in with them that they bought and paid for…

Ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back