Scandal Tarryn Thomas charged with 'threatening to distribute intimate image' + driving with suspended license

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Statements

Fined, no conviction recorded:

Last edited by a moderator:
So the whole 'edcuate him' thing was bullshit? It was only ever about trying to get him back playing fooiy for them - and not about helping him as a person?
Fortunately he was fully educated and therefore ready to get back out on the park by early June. The early return to the playing field was done with only Tarryn Thomas' continued educational interests in mind.

Fallen AFL player Tarryn Thomas erased from history with mural tribute gone

So it was a terrible error in judgement and leadership then?

It was a punishment, process and procedure set out by the afl, aflpa, indigenous voices and the club.

Im interested as to what your issue is?

Were you this vocal, narrow minded and vocal when the Gold Coast end up at the human rights commission.

You really do keep missing the point. Badly.

If you don't want to keep looking stupid, find out more about what the club did from mid-2022 when he started getting into trouble.
Yes, they did everything they could to get him back on the ground.

The entire thing reeked of a 'footy is the priority and this other stuff is an annoyance that is getting in the way' attitude.

I mean, fu***n hell. This stuff comes out, and North's priority is to get him back playing footy with the boys??? FFS.

The allegations made against Thomas include one woman’s claim the footballer sent her a text message that read: “You’re a f*king joke … keep talking sh*t … sh*t going to come around soon … your turn will come … sh*t is going to go down … I’m not a n*** to be f**ked with.”

Another woman sent a text to friends last year that read: “I’m too scared … i know he’s (Thomas) gonna kill me.”

At least one of the women, who was reportedly hospitalised as a result of an incident in 2022, had been provided with a psychologist by the league, which told the Herald Sun the behaviour alleged to it was “family violence”. The AFL, according to the report, offered to facilitate meetings with detectives from a family violence investigation unit.

One allegation included Thomas telling a woman he wanted to beat her and called her names like “a ****”.

Another allegation claimed Thomas threw a lamp at a woman in a hotel room.

And only a month or so down the track, Clarkson rolls with this s**t??!

"It was good to see him here and hopefully he can get himself back into the routine of AFL pretty soon," Clarkson, who has had little involvement with Thomas away from North, said.
"He's a listed player at our footy club and mates with the players, so they're keen for him to get his life sorted and get back to doing what he does really, really well and that's play AFL footy."

Even now, stuff like this from leaders at that club:

"I hope to see him playing AFL football again, as long as he gets all his stuff off-field sorted."
“He’s obviously a great talent and he could be a very special player.

Referring to what he's been doing merely as 'stuff off-field' is quite grotesque.
Him playing AFL footy again is surely the least important thing.

It's just extraordinary from North.

He should have been sacked the moment they knew these allegations were even remotely legitimate. Any education and help he needed in order to not a c**t and a menace to society should have come after that.

Abhorrent by North.

Is anyone saying he wasn't?

North posters ITT.

Burning Season 1 GIF by Outlander

The entire thing reeked of a 'footy is the priority and this other stuff is an annoyance that is getting in the way' attitude.

I mean, fu***n hell. This stuff comes out, and North's priority is to get him back playing footy with the boys??? FFS.

The allegations made against Thomas include one woman’s claim the footballer sent her a text message that read: “You’re a f*king joke … keep talking sh*t … sh*t going to come around soon … your turn will come … sh*t is going to go down … I’m not a n*** to be f**ked with.”

Another woman sent a text to friends last year that read: “I’m too scared … i know he’s (Thomas) gonna kill me.”

At least one of the women, who was reportedly hospitalised as a result of an incident in 2022, had been provided with a psychologist by the league, which told the Herald Sun the behaviour alleged to it was “family violence”. The AFL, according to the report, offered to facilitate meetings with detectives from a family violence investigation unit.

One allegation included Thomas telling a woman he wanted to beat her and called her names like “a ****”.

"It was good to see him here and hopefully he can get himself back into the routine of AFL pretty soon," Clarkson, who has had little involvement with Thomas away from North, said.
"He's a listed player at our footy club and mates with the players, so they're keen for him to get his life sorted and get back to doing what he does really, really well and that's play AFL footy."

"I hope to see him playing AFL football again, as long as he gets all his stuff off-field sorted."

Referring to what he's been doing merely as 'stuff off-field' is quite grotesque.

He should have been sacked the moment they knew these allegations were even remotely legitimate. Any education and help he needed in order to not a c**t and a menace to society should have come after that.

Abhorrent by North.

Yeah, good cherry-picking. You still seem to have missed the fact that he was banned from the team from the latter part of season 2022, lasting the best part of a year. The banning was a consequence of his (admitted at the time) actions and they were strict on him going through the education program, which included a stint working as a cleaner. He made the noises about being rehabilitated (for want of a better word), but we now find that he basically shat in the face of all those trying to help him by doing the same stuff during the education program. So, upon that finding, he was rightly cut loose.

So yeah, Thomas is an a-hole. But you're being a d!ckhead by continually blaming the club who at all times did the right thing. They took into account the welfare of the club, Thomas himself and also his victims. You can find proof of this if you weren't so keen to criticise the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abhorrent by North.
Yeah I find it strange they use the same dialect as a footballer with a drug,booze or gambling problem.
Those players(unless otherwise noted) are only destroying their own lives so you can understand the arm around bring them in attitude to a point.

Maybe one or two delusional ones, but the vast majority of North supporters knew he had done it. It was proven last year. The grating thing for us is that he did it again.

100%. There's a few bad egg 'Mens Rights Activist' types in here who know who they are.

Yes. FFS.

I suspect you're ignorant of this as well - google Nathan Bock and make an assessment of what your pissant club did with him on the list.

Doesn't really sound like it to me?

“It’s discouraging to see that the AFL and North Melbourne are aware how many women have (made allegations against Tarryn), yet it is still being overlooked.”
“It feels as though Tarryn is untouchable, and the women he has affected have been silenced, due to fear and power imbalance.
“The women affected have been offered counselling sessions by the AFL, which just feels like an attempt to keep us at bay by making us feel like they care and are supporting us, so we are less inclined to speak up.
“Tarryn is being treated like he has committed a white-collar crime, but there is nothing white-collar about threatening, intimidating, abusing, assaulting and stalking multiple women.
“This makes me feel like he is untouchable and on a pedestal, and I question whether this would be the same had it been a different player or team”.

And this one more recently too...

'The reason I've spoken out now is because I had multiple people telling me to stay silent for the past 12 months as whatever I say would be used against me by his lawyer,' she said.
'It's just an example of abusive men still having power and control.'
My biggest fear was either not being believed because he's an athlete, or what the media was going to say,' she said.
'I'm very aware of his position as an athlete and the effect that can have.'
It makes me sad for other people that are potentially in abusive situations and they are either too scared to speak up, they feel like they aren't going to be believed, or they won't get justice,' Curran added.
'Especially for women who are involved with people in the public, it is so much harder.
'I know of two other women who were abused by him that haven't come forward.'

For them to now hear senior people at North talking about him being a good kid, and how they hope he plays AFL footy again once his 'off-field stuff' is sorted out, must be a real kick in the guts to them.

Disgusting stuff. Tone deaf.

Last edited:
Doesn't really sound like it to me?

“It’s discouraging to see that the AFL and North Melbourne are aware how many women have (made allegations against Tarryn), yet it is still being overlooked.”
“It feels as though Tarryn is untouchable, and the women he has affected have been silenced, due to fear and power imbalance.
“The women affected have been offered counselling sessions by the AFL, which just feels like an attempt to keep us at bay by making us feel like they care and are supporting us, so we are less inclined to speak up.
“Tarryn is being treated like he has committed a white-collar crime, but there is nothing white-collar about threatening, intimidating, abusing, assaulting and stalking multiple women.
“This makes me feel like he is untouchable and on a pedestal, and I question whether this would be the same had it been a different player or team”.

And this one more recently too...

'The reason I've spoken out now is because I had multiple people telling me to stay silent for the past 12 months as whatever I say would be used against me by his lawyer,' she said.
'It's just an example of abusive men still having power and control.'
My biggest fear was either not being believed because he's an athlete, or what the media was going to say,' she said.
'I'm very aware of his position as an athlete and the effect that can have.'
It makes me sad for other people that are potentially in abusive situations and they are either too scared to speak up, they feel like they aren't going to be believed, or they won't get justice,' Curran added.
'Especially for women who are involved with people in the public, it is so much harder.
'I know of two other women who were abused by him that haven't come forward.'

For them to now hear senior people at North talking about him being a good kid, and how they hope he plays AFL footy again once his 'off-field stuff' is sorted out, must be a real kick in the guts to them.

Disgusting stuff. Tone deaf.

So you ignore the fact that your club took no action against a known wife-basher, because you don't think it's as bad as the verbal abuse that you are so passionately appalled by?

That's more than tone deaf, it's outright hypocrisy from you. You have zero credibility with these fake outrage posts.

So you ignore the fact that your club took no action against a known wife-basher, because you don't think it's as bad as the verbal abuse that you are so passionately appalled by?

That's more than tone deaf, it's outright hypocrisy from you. You have zero credibility with these fake outrage posts.
My club??

I don't barrack for any club.

I think the Kangas handled it perfectly. It is a delicate situation to handle for the Kangas at the moment especially with what Clarkson is bringing with him. I think they handled it perfectly

Lavender Bushranger isn't gonna like this post!

How can he be ineligible to play after an 18 game suspension of a 23 game season. Surely he becomes eligible after North have played 18 games. Unless they're not delisting him until after the MSD. Obviously the slimmest of chances he'd be taken, but surely that's up to the clubs with available spots to determine.
He was on the North list at list lodgments.
As a result would he be eligible for the MSD and effectively have been on two AFL lists in the same season? I can see the AFL allowing it, so they can then point to it that "two club" precedent for a ****ed up midseason trade period.

My club??

I don't barrack for any club.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that's pretty pathetic if you're on Bigfooty.

Anyway, it's nowhere near as pathetic as hiding behind it so you can again ignore giving your views on actual physical domestic violence when you've displayed so much emotional angst denouncing verbal domestic violence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back